SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

After phase two is complete only your game day stadium will be better, til then we have no advantage.

You may be right, even though I don't know what Phase 2 is, I will take your word for it. Of course, facilities aren't everything, just ask Jim Kramer. He seems to have done ok with  a rather subpar weight training facility. 

You may be right, even though I don't know what Phase 2 is, I will take your word for it. Of course, facilities aren't everything, just ask Jim Kramer. He seems to have done ok with a rather subpar weight training facility.

I prefer humble gyms to fancy ones myself but a nice one for a team is good to show off. Give Baukol a team full of D1 athletes that are bought in and he'll do exactly what Kramer has done.

UND offers academic opportunities that NDSU can't always match: aviation, business, medical, law, and petroleum engineering, just to name a few. Also, NDSU's practice bubble is a joke compared to UND's $20 million HPC. Not every prospect just jumps at the winningest FCS program of the pasts few seasons, especially when most DI

prospects do not want to attend FCS schools but rather have their sights on FBS.

UND has the ability to offer playing time, specific academic

majors, a great practice/training facility, and most importantly, a good family coaching atmosphere.

All of these things don't create an advantage for UND over NDSU, but they do allow UND to recruit many of the same athletes that NDSU recruits.

You are right. UND just rolls in the recruits who become doctors, lawyers, etc. Give me a break.

Last time I checked, you need to get an undergraduate degree to get into law or medical school to become doctor or lawyer. There have been a lot of players to come through NDSU and went to to graduate school somewhere else, including UND.

Also NDSU has a great business school that is AACSB accredited, just like UND's business school.

If you honestly want to argue an advantage to recruiting through academics, I would say NDSU has it with their AG program. NDSU's offensive line has been phenomenal throughout the last half century, and a lot of the lineman have been rural farm boys who go to NDSU due to their AG program.

Clearly, as evidenced by the fact that NDSU landed last week an additional 4 stud recruits, all of which had FBS offers, to go on top of an incredibly strong recruiting class.

You guys are lying again.  No they all didn't have FBS offers.  

Also, the only place that says Anderson had FBS offers is Bisonation.  Where else does it show his offers?

You are right. UND just rolls in the recruits who become doctors, lawyers, etc. Give me a break.

Last time I checked, you need to get an undergraduate degree to get into law or medical school to become doctor or lawyer. There have been a lot of players to come through NDSU and went to to graduate school somewhere else, including UND.

Also NDSU has a great business school that is AACSB accredited, just like UND's business school.

If you honestly want to argue an advantage to recruiting through academics, I would say NDSU has it with their AG program. NDSU's offensive line has been phenomenal throughout the last half century, and a lot of the lineman have been rural farm boys who go to NDSU due to their AG program.

A great business school...LOL.  Did they finally get accredited?

Here is the bottom line.

11 National Championships to 1 in the favor of NDSU.

If you guys had such a vastly superior recruiting advantage due to academics, I would have expected you to win more than 1 national championship in over 110 years of playing football.

Who said it was vastly superior?

Aviation and petroleum engineering, two programs you intentionally avoided, are common among athletes and they are not offered at NDSU. Also, UND's business program possesses far greater networking than NDSU's program via alumni base and simply online education opportunities. I'm not one to pursue the argument that one school is straightforwardly better than the other, but I will say that UND offers many programs that NDSU does not offer. To say NDSU has an advantage with their agriculture program is ridiculous; it may help to a degree, but how many of NDSU's all-conference players over the past few seasons have been pursuing an education in agriculture? Very few...

NDSU's 2014 first team all-conference players and their academic major:

FB Andrew Bonnet - finance

OT Joe Haeg - civil engineering

OL Jesse Hinz - criminal justice & Spanish

DE Kyle Emanuel - construction management

S Christian Dudzik - sports management & philosophy

S Colten Heagle - marketing

P Ben LeCompte - sports management 

As you can see, not a single first team all-conference player is directly majoring in agriculture. I apologize for actually doing the research and shutting down your insane assumption. 

Here is the bottom line.

11 National Championships to 1 in the favor of NDSU.

If you guys had such a vastly superior recruiting advantage due to academics, I would have expected you to win more than 1 national championship in over 110 years of playing football.

Academics is only part of the equation; anyone willing to engage in a rational conversation would acknowledge that. NDSU's leadership is far more committed to football than is UND's leadership; that has and always will be the difference until something changes there. Fortunately, UND upped their commitment a year ago when they hired Bubba and increased the coaching salary pool.

• Upvote 2

Who said it was vastly superior?

You guys act like UND is Harvard or something. It is a good school that offers some unique programs, just like NDSU with their AG programs, pharmacy programs etc.

Here is the bottom line. A very small percentage of football players are going to go to NDSU due to their pharmacy program or go to UND to be an air traffic controller. The vast majority of these guys major in sports management, education/coaching, exercise science, general business etc. When it comes to those majors, a paper with UND or a paper with NDSU is going to be seen the same.

Exactly.... no where to be seen

yeah this sucks. 

Look, I get it. NDSU is historically good. Cool deal, congrats on going to Frisco again. Congrats on being the favorite to go 4 in a row, but I can just please have this thread back? I have no idea why you guys are so insistent on coming over and pissing in my Cheerio's. UND football fans haven't had a lot to cheer about on the field, and now it seems like the ship is re-directed. All I want out of this thread is look at really strong, really fast high school kids and hope they come here. Once they commit, all I want to do is have delusions of grandeur that they are the next Jerry Rice or Ed Reed and we got lucky. Honest to god, as a college football fan, is that much to ask? I really feel it's par for the course. There are dozens of other threads to destroy with how much you guys are than us, just leave us the one bastion of hope. It's kinda the same as how the NFL still lets Jets' fans go to the draft and have a good time there. It's so freaking annoying to see a new post in here thinking we have new offer out or commit just to see "Jim Kramer is better than Baukol" or "where's your outdoor bubble practice field". Have some decency, you aren't Gopher fans.

It's crap like this why more people don't do the ol "It's good for North Dakota, so I'll cheer for the Bison". 

• Upvote 4

yeah this sucks. 

Look, I get it. NDSU is historically good. Cool deal, congrats on going to Frisco again. Congrats on being the favorite to go 4 in a row, but I can just please have this thread back? I have no idea why you guys are so insistent on coming over and pissing in my Cheerio's. UND football fans haven't had a lot to cheer about on the field, and now it seems like the ship is re-directed. All I want out of this thread is look at really strong, really fast high school kids and hope they come here. Once they commit, all I want to do is have delusions of grandeur that they are the next Jerry Rice or Ed Reed and we got lucky. Honest to god, as a college football fan, is that much to ask? I really feel it's par for the course. There are dozens of other threads to destroy with how much you guys are than us, just leave us the one bastion of hope. It's kinda the same as how the NFL still lets Jets' fans go to the draft and have a good time there. It's so freaking annoying to see a new post in here thinking we have new offer out or commit just to see "Jim Kramer is better than Baukol" or "where's your outdoor bubble practice field". Have some decency, you aren't Gopher fans.

It's crap like this why more people don't do the ol "It's good for North Dakota, so I'll cheer for the Bison". 

I absolutely refuse to do this.  NDSU's FB success benefits NDSU, Fargo, NDSU alumni donations and nothing/no one else.  Period.  I still root for whomever is playing the Bison.  If I hear one more person bring up the whole "It's good for North Dakota" kumbya crap, I think I'll throw up.

When the shoe is on the other foot, I will enjoy shoving it down their throats because there is no way the FU faithful would support a UND playoff run.

• Upvote 1

This is a recruiting forum! It's about the 2015 football recruiting efforts for the University of North Dakota! In the end it's up to the moderators to keep this thread on track and prevent personal attacks. They have been nowhere to be found for the last few weeks. Blame the NDSU fans all you want but it's the mods who set the rules and enforce them.

This is a recruiting forum! It's about the 2015 football recruiting efforts for the University of North Dakota! In the end it's up to the moderators to keep this thread on track and prevent personal attacks. They have been nowhere to be found for the last few weeks. Blame the NDSU fans all you want but it's the mods who set the rules and enforce them.

The mods provide a service that none of us pay for. Take it easy on them. If we have to navigate around some morons from NDSU who cares. I understand your reasoning but it's their show let them run it how they want too or how they see fit.

Can we please keep this on topic.....mods welcome to help here.

So they shut down an UND vs NDSU thread (two of them I believe) but let his hee hawing in the recruiting thread go on. I agree Mods need to show up and cut out a lot of this mess, maybe add a UND vs NDSU measuring thread and just leave it to keep this clean.

• Upvote 2

I agree. The mods should set a thread just for the Bison fans to come and brag about their team. I have no problem with that. Let's keep this threads for UND fans to talk sensibly about recruiting. It does seem like a fair request.

They have a whole website to do it, one that doesn't even have opinions any different from theirs.  It won't stop it.

I agree. The mods should set a thread just for the Bison fans to come and brag about their team. I have no problem with that. Let's keep this threads for UND fans to talk sensibly about recruiting. It does seem like a fair request.

It's not just here that the Bison faithful like to brag.   I got an e mail from an NDSU acquaintance, I won't call him a friend, who was bragging about the 4 or 5 big commits they got since they won Friday and are going to Frisco.   We all know UND is down right now, but do they have to shove it in our faces all the time?   Yes, Yes, Yes, we know it.