SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

He would get murdered on the OL. Waaaaay to slow.

Agreed, first step is way to slow, way to high especially for run blocking. He's so big he can get away with that on the defensive side of the line. 

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Joe Markert@joe_markert 17h17 hours ago Bloomington, MN

Just received a chance to play football at University of North Dakota next year!

He is one big dude.  big snacks is a morsel next to this guy.

He has also received an offer from Illinois. 

I believe the Illinois offer is as a PWO and wouldn't be surprised if that's what UND offered as well. Before Illinois offered a PWO I believe he had offers from a few of the MN Jucos and that was pretty much it but not sure if that was grades related or if higher level schools just didn't see enough on film.

1 hour ago, Momster said:

No.  I know everyone around him has high expectations and they want him to play in college.  Right now he just doesn't want to talk about it and everyone asks him 100 times a week if he wants to play in college.  Right now, today he just wants to eat Chipotle and play video games because finals were stressful.   We don't ask unless he wants to talk about it or brings it up.  We are supportive of him but when everyone keeps asking him I just tell him let it go for today because today big strong boys have things they can be doing and I put a shovel in his hands and tell him there is a pile of snow with his name on it.

Some days he comes home and gushes about what he wants to do and then he goes silent about it for weeks on end. His coach will tell me he's met with various college coaches and he doesn't always tell us and would you believe he says he forgets to tell us and I believe him.  I am his Mom and kids don't tell their mothers everything for sure.

I understand - a typical teenager!  Good luck with his decision.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The kid would be a perfect NG project. As the Illinois offer suggests, he definitely is DI caliber. I think he would become a fan favorite with his size in the middle of the dline. I hope he chooses UND!

NG - one of the most important positions in a 3 - 4 defense, cause nose has 2 gaps responsibility, I recall T2 saying.  Even if 6'7" doesn't get to the QB, good luck throwing over his big paw.  I hope we land him.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Is Dre visiting today them? Would love to snag that kid away from Army.

Markert is definitely a little slow, but you can work on speed. Can't teach size.

Judging from Dre's Twitter it appears he's here. He tweeted something about being on a plane to ND. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Happy to see that Cloyd still appears committed to UND. Hopefully that sticks. Seem like someone put out some bad info on the switch.

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Let's hope his Twitter is still right! I just don't get the other tweets saying he committed to the jacks. 

I noticed some of the recent people/accounts he's followed are Joel Schwenzfeier & Keaton Studsrud... Hopefully a good sign.

10 minutes ago, YourInSiouxCountry said:

This link for sdsu has him listed as a commit as of 1/20/16

http://sdstate.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Commits

Yeah it's hard to say what's happening. Numerous accounts were reporting he committed to SDSU including his own high school and he liked said tweets. The curious thing is he hasn't updated his bio from being a UND verbal and he has followed some UND people lately like Studsrud. I guess we will have to wait until he comes out and says something or 10 days. 

19 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yeah it's hard to say what's happening. Numerous accounts were reporting he committed to SDSU including his own high school and he liked said tweets. The curious thing is he hasn't updated his bio from being a UND verbal and he has followed some UND people lately like Studsrud. I guess we will have to wait until he comes out and says something or 10 days. 

Someone I talked to speculated that he's a **soft** commit for them, just like he was for us.   For now he's probably going to SDSU, pending a better offer from someone else.  Or maybe back to us, who knows.   Kids.