SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

12 minutes ago, Goon said:

You better get to work and start producing those links. 

Specifically for the posters that didn’t bother to open the links it’s obvious you didn’t read them.  Maybe it just your lame a** retention and reasoning.  Have tutored kids in the past, but you need a special ed teacher.

• Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Specifically for the posters that didn’t bother to open the links it’s obvious you didn’t read them.  Maybe it just your lame a** retention and reasoning.  Have tutored kids in the past, but you need a special ed teacher.

FDC0516E-C010-477C-BC7E-61BB52FA56CD.jpeg

• Upvote 1

So the OC at Utah took the Sac St job.  He was making $500 k at Utah, so Sac St had to sign him to a long term contract.  A half million is unheard of for FCS, but if it’s later FBS that’s a good deal.

Going FBS with the WAC, Sac St will have problems on the field, so Troy Taylor will need long term assurances.  If Sac St was staying FCS, they sure wouldn’t have given a seven year or eight year contract.

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/fball/2018-19/releases/20181217l02pyo

5 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

So the OC at Utah took the Sac St job.  He was making $500 k at Utah, so Sac St had to sign him to a long term contract.  A half million is unheard of for FCS, but if it’s later FBS that’s a good deal.

Going FBS with the WAC, Sac St will have problems on the field, so Troy Taylor will need long term assurances.  If Sac St was staying FCS, they sure wouldn’t have given a seven year or eight year contract.

You can see coaching is more to him than just money. He wanted to get back home and be guaranteed to stay there for a long term. 

20 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

You can see coaching is more to him than just money. He wanted to get back home and be guaranteed to stay there for a long term. 

And Dan Hawkins did the same thing at Davis.  Both of these coaches have the resume for FBS.  FCS is just biding their time before they get back to FBS.  Sac St paid their last coach $180 k / per year so I doubt they triple the new coaches pay.

Sacramento will probably be skipped in the next MLS expansion sweepstakes again, the Raiders are leaving, and FBS has a fertile field there.  It will happen.  

Coaching may be more than money, but that’s what Boise St and Florida St said before they lost their coaches to UW and A&M for more $s.

NDSU admin are not sitting around twiddling their FBS thumbs, no matter what bison trolls say.

Another piece of circumstantial evidence.

The WAC hires former Big Sky deputy commissioner Ron Loghry  as WAC deputy commissioner.

The WAC commissioner Hurd is scheduled to retire shortly.  Certainly Loghry was offered the Big Sky job, but turned it down for a more important position in the future.

https://bigskyconf.com/staff.aspx?staff=2

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Certainly Loghry was offered the Big Sky job, but turned it down for a more important position in the future.

Strange you know more about his career than he does. He openly admitted he was passed over both times. 

Link

“My career goal is to be a commissioner,” Loghry said during a recent interview with 406mtsports.com. “But the powers that be don’t see me in that role. And that comes with being there as long as I was. I may have hurt myself staying that long. But you move on.

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Strange you know more about his career than he does. He openly admitted he was passed over both times. 

Link

Hurd is 67, probably near the end as WAC commish.  Loghry will step in to that higher position.  Here some tweet response where Hurd absolutely denies adding football back to the WAC, but nobody believes him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WAC_Commish/status/1075140390414675968

I was referring to you claiming that "surely Loghry was offered the Big Sky job, but turned it down for a more important position in the future" which is demonstrably false. He wanted the a Big Sky job both times and was passed over. He admits to ranting to be a commissioner and stated he needed to get experience elsewhere if it was ever going to happen. 

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Another piece of circumstantial evidence.

The WAC hires former Big Sky deputy commissioner Ron Loghry  as WAC deputy commissioner.

The WAC commissioner Hurd is scheduled to retire shortly.  Certainly Loghry was offered the Big Sky job, but turned it down for a more important position in the future.

https://bigskyconf.com/staff.aspx?staff=2

I thought the Big Sky was suppose to be the FBS conference and WAC was suppose to be the FSC conference? 

But any way, it looks like a guy taking a commissioner job because he wants to be the commissioner. It like an assistant coach taking a head coaching position because he wants to be a head coach.

44 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I thought the Big Sky was suppose to be the FBS conference and WAC was suppose to be the FSC conference? 

But any way, it looks like a guy taking a commissioner job because he wants to be the commissioner. It like an assistant coach taking a head coaching position because he wants to be a head coach.

Always have stated the WAC will be FBS, mostly drawing schools from the Big Sky.  The Big Sky will be the low level FCS League.   Actually read my comments, instead of passing them off with glared eyes.

The WAC is the only non-FBS conference that retains the right to offer FBS spots to FCS or non football schools.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

I was referring to you claiming that "surely Loghry was offered the Big Sky job, but turned it down for a more important position in the future" which is demonstrably false. He wanted the a Big Sky job both times and was passed over. He admits to ranting to be a commissioner and stated he needed to get experience elsewhere if it was ever going to happen. 

So the Big Sky gets someone with no experience and passes on someone with years of experience.  Loghry could have well expressed a desire for the WAC assistant position knowing he would be the top guy there, so the Big Sky passed on him because they knew he wouldn’t accept it.  Besides, the current BSC commish needed someone to train him in.  What Loghry is saying is not mutually exclusive, which you always seem to state.

Williams, the former commissioner, now has a plush job that will likely ensure the WAC and Summit are part of the CFP.  One couldn’t possibly ask for more for Big Sky moveup schools.

7 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

So the Big Sky gets someone with no experience and passes on someone with years of experience.  Loghry could have well expressed a desire for the WAC assistant position knowing he would be the top guy there, so the Big Sky passed on him because they knew he wouldn’t accept it.  Besides, the current BSC commish needed someone to train him in.  What Loghry is saying is not mutually exclusive, which you always seem to state.

Williams, the former commissioner, now has a plush job that will likely ensure the WAC and Summit are part of the CFP.  One couldn’t possibly ask for more for Big Sky moveup schools.

So Loghry openly talks about his frustration with being passed over for a job he clearly wanted and you think that means Loghry would have passed on the offer? Your logic is ridiculous. 

You claimed Williams' experience at the Big 10 would be very beneficial to the BS in going FBS. Shockingly, you were wrong. You then also claimed she would go to the WAC and the WAC guy would go to the BS.  Also wrong. 

Based on your previous predictions, doesn't Loghry going to the WAC signify the WAC will add FCS football? 

Certainly, you don't see a deputy athletic director at an FCS conference being the type of hire you would want if you were a conference looking to go FBS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, southpaw said:

So Loghry openly talks about his frustration with being passed over for a job he clearly wanted and you think that means Loghry would have passed on the offer? Your logic is ridiculous. 

You claimed Williams' experience at the Big 10 would be very beneficial to the BS in going FBS. Shockingly, you were wrong. You then also claimed she would go to the WAC and the WAC guy would go to the BS.  Also wrong. 

Based on your previous predictions, doesn't Loghry going to the WAC signify the WAC will add FCS football? 

Certainly, you don't see a deputy athletic director at an FCS conference being the type of hire you would want if you were a conference looking to go FBS.

Am still claiming Williams will be very beneficial to BSC schools going FBS.  That hasn't changed just because she got a new better job.

So your prediction is the WAC will go with six FCS schools and start a new fb league?  To get a new FBS league, they need to invite FCS teams, currently they have exactly zero, and then transition them.  Your prediction is just a watered down FBS prediction but you don't have the brains to see it.

14 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Am still claiming Williams will be very beneficial to BSC schools going FBS.  That hasn't changed just because she got a new better job.

So your prediction is the WAC will go with six FCS schools and start a new fb league?  To get a new FBS league, they need to invite FCS teams, currently they have exactly zero, and then transition them.  Your prediction is just a watered down FBS prediction but you don't have the brains to see it.

Your predictions are so stuck on FBS. I don't believe the WAC is trying to get FCS teams in order to go FBS.  If I was going to predict something, I would say the WAC will add 4 D2 schools as part of a new WAC FCS and will either poach at least 2 current FCS schools or pick up schools with new FB programs.  I also think they'll be open to affiliate FB schools too to get the league up to or above 6.

13 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Can someone cut the head off this zombie thread? 

Over 3,400 posts & 4 years, AND the Bissons #1 stop. They just can't stand it when someone here talks FBS, but on BOZOville it's OK. 

I would think click bait works on message boards also?  So you have that.

OPTION: You and I can duke it out on the keyboard till one of the moderators shuts her down. 

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

OPTION: You and I can duke it out on the keyboard till one of the moderators shuts her down. 

Thats about as dumb an idea as a bird logo picked from a committee named mascot!!!!.....

See what I did there.... a couple of the usuals take the bait and we'll get this mental defect of a thread put out of it's misery faster than our football teams' lead slips away. ;)

18 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Thats about as dumb an idea as a bird logo picked from a committee named mascot!!!!.....

See what I did there.... a couple of the usuals take the bait and we'll get this mental defect of a thread put out of it's misery faster than our football teams' lead slips away. ;)

I C. How Indigenous! What about The Bird feeder program we have run by coaches who would rather be moderators? Taking a deep breath.

35 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Over 3,400 posts & 4 years, AND the Bissons #1 stop. They just can't stand it when someone here talks FBS, but on BOZOville it's OK. 

Naw, I think somehow I'll get over it.  Lol. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2018 at 3:24 PM, SiouxVolley said:

That's a stretch, even for you. I have read through the past couple weeks of this thread today and I'm still confused as to what you are stating. Is the BSC going FBS? The WAC? The Summit? You are all over the place. I suggest taking Christmas off so you can come back with some new, fresh takes. Right now you seem lost.

11 minutes ago, jacksfan29 said:

That's a stretch, even for you. I have read through the past couple weeks of this thread today and I'm still confused as to what you are stating. Is the BSC going FBS? The WAC? The Summit? You are all over the place. I suggest taking Christmas off so you can come back with some new, fresh takes. Right now you seem lost.

You must of missed the last 6 posts. Your team is $h1tty and your coach smokes dope, go back to the woods. 

Wait a second, he drinks the Joose!

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Most people there think its a stupid idea since the only conference they can get into is the Sun Belt. Now on FB you have Bison fans thinking Big 10 and top 25 every year. That makes for some great laughter.

• Like 1