SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

Am reposting the coming realignment scenario for the illiterates and the lazy.

New Summit - FBS

East

UND-NDSU

SDSU -Augie (FCS)

USD - Omaha (no fb)

West

Denver (no fb)-Weber St

Mont - Mont St

Idaho - EWU

New WAC FBS

East

ORU-UMKC (both non fb)

Lamar - McNeese St

Sam Houston St - UTRGV

Wichita St - Missouri St ( FBS affiliates only)

Incarnate Word might sneak in

West

NMSU - GCU (no fb)

Cal Poly - Cal Baptist (no fb)

UCDavis - Sacramento St

Big Sky (will now allow non FCS schools)

Portland St - Seattle

CWU gets invited later

No Co - Metro St

Idaho St - Utah Valley 

SUU  - Dixie St

NAU 

Azusa Pacific may get invited later

Tarleton St will backfill for the Southland

Texas A&M-Commerce may get an invite later

PUFW and W Illinois either go to the Horizon or OVC

17 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Am reposting the coming realignment scenario for the illiterates and the lazy.

New Summit - FBS

East

UND-NDSU

SDSU -Augie (FCS)

USD - Omaha (no fb)

West

Denver (no fb)-Weber St

Mont - Mont St

Idaho - EWU

New WAC FBS

East

ORU-UMKC (both non fb)

Lamar - McNeese St

Sam Houston St - UTRGV

Wichita St - Missouri St ( FBS affiliates only)

Incarnate Word might sneak in

West

NMSU - GCU (no fb)

Cal Poly - Cal Baptist (no fb)

UCDavis - Sacramento St

Big Sky (will now allow non FCS schools)

Portland St - Seattle

CWU gets invited later

No Co - Metro St

Idaho St - Utah Valley 

SUU  - Dixie St

NAU 

Azusa Pacific may get invited later

Tarleton St will backfill for the Southland

Texas A&M-Commerce may get an invite later

PUFW and W Illinois either go to the Horizon or OVC

So, there's a link to all of this, right? Or we're  to assume this is just conjecture?

UND to the American League Central Division.  Twins are going down!

NDSU to the Premier Liga Mexicana.  (Time to show those Pumas who is really boss in a soccer stadium!)

SDSU and USD will migrate to the CFL.  The Grey Cup is coming home!

The remaining Big Sky Conference and MVFC schools will combine and form the Big Valley Lacrosse League.  Major League Lacrosse will be forced to fold. 

Here's the link:

www.itsallbs.org

Merry Christmas all!

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Goon said:

So, there's a link to all of this, right? Or we're  to assume this is just conjecture?

Understand.  You are so non aspirational of any UND sport except hockey.

In hockey, you always demand credentials and links before anyone can post an opinion or concern.

But here, its like no big deal if PFW, W Illinois, or ORU leave the Summit because that doesn’t concern you.  The Summit can always invite Morningside, Augustana, Mankato, Bemidji St, and St Cloud St and you would be fine with that.  This talk that many have had that the Summit would go under if those three key members leave is no concern to you.  After all, PFW’s reason for being is to see that UND and the Summit succed at the lowest level possible as it doesn’t involve hockey.

You, Hayduke, Southpaw and bison trolls are all cut from the same cloth:  don’t want UND athletic to succeed much except hockey and that why you all have the majority of posts here.

For your link on real news, not opinion, Trump is going to resign soon.  Here’s the link:  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chris-matthews-trump-breaking-point_us_5c186079e4b0432554c37eaf

• Downvote 2

32 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

In hockey, you always demand credentials and links before anyone can post an opinion or concern.

But here, its like no big deal if PFW, W Illinois, or ORU leave the Summit because that doesn’t concern you.  The Summit can always invite Morningside, Augustana, Mankato, Bemidji St, and St Cloud St and you would be fine with that.  This talk that many have had that the Summit would go under if those three key members leave is no concern to you.  After all, PFW’s reason for being is to see that UND and the Summit succed at the lowest level possible as it doesn’t involve hockey.

You, Hay-duke, Southpaw and bison trolls are all cut from the same cloth:  don’t want UND athletic to succeed much except hockey.

For your link on real news, not opinion, Trump is going to resign soon.  Here’s the link:  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chris-matthews-trump-breaking-point_us_5c186079e4b0432554c37eaf

Wow. You might want to take your medication. Or seek help. Most employer's EAPs will give you 6-12 free visits at a mental health clinic of their choosing. I have met Southpaw, but I haven't have the pleasure of meeting Hay-duke or these bison trolls that you speak of. Maybe in the future. Apparently, since we have the gall to question your pontifications, were all trolls. Not one prediction, except maybe he Big Ten Hockey Conference has come true. I am still patiently waiting for the two Montana schools to make the move to FBS. 

First, you posted a fake news story about president Trump that violated the no politics rule. Second, you said that I didn't care about any sport but hockey. I guess I wasted a whole fall shooting pictures at football games and writing about football. Lastly, I've attended 85% of the men's basketball games the last two seasons. But for some reason you gleaned that I don't care about any other sport but hockey. Why would I spend money attending a basketball game if I am a hockey only guy? I will cheer for UND no matter what conference they're playing in. 

I guess I must have gotten lost when I attended the Men's and Women's basketball luncheon at that start of the year. That clueless comment doesn't even make sense. That said, UND, the Summit conference, the Big Sky Conference isn't going to FBS football. 

Lastly, I am sure that you have a citation for the pontification that you posted above? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Wow. You might want to take your medication. Or seek help. Most employer's EAPs will give you 6-12 free visits at a mental health clinic of their choosing. I have met Southpaw, but I haven't have the pleasure of meeting Hay-duke or these bison trolls that you speak of. Maybe in the future. Apparently, since we have the gall to question your pontifications, were all trolls. Not one prediction, except maybe he Big Ten Hockey Conference has come true. I am still patiently waiting for the two Montana schools to make the move to FBS. 

First, you posted a fake news story about president Trump that violated the no politics rule. Second, you said that I didn't care about any sport but hockey. I guess I wasted a whole fall shooting pictures at football games and writing about football. Lastly, I've attended 85% of the men's basketball games the last two seasons. But for some reason you gleaned that I don't care about any other sport but hockey. Why would I spend money attending a basketball game if I am a hockey only guy? I will cheer for UND no matter what conference they're playing in. 

I guess I must have gotten lost when I attended the Men's and Women's basketball luncheon at that start of the year. That clueless comment doesn't even make sense. That said, UND, the Summit conference, the Big Sky Conference isn't going to FBS football. 

Lastly, I am sure that you have a citation for the pontification that you posted above? 

That the definition of a troll:  saying another poster with an idea that you can't wrap your head around needs meds.

For a conference, you are in full support if Minny schools and Augie joins our baby league, and I desire to go greater.

You are on ignore as you value fake news more than discussion.

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

You, Hayduke, Southpaw and bison trolls are all cut from the same cloth:  don’t want UND athletic to succeed much except hockey and that why you all have the majority of posts here.

LOL wow you kind of bouncing all over the place there scooter.  But the coupe de gra had to be the Trump article. Nice finish

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

That the definition of a troll:  saying another poster with an idea that you can't wrap your head around needs meds.

For a conference, you are in full support if Minny schools and Augie joins our baby league, and I desire to go greater.

You are on ignore as you value fake news more than discussion.

Huh? This is the textbook example of Delusions of Grandeur. 

8 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Sorry for harshing your mellow...

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 11:55 AM, SiouxVolley said:

USD renovating the Dakota Dome now that it doesn’t have to include basketball seating.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/university-of-south-dakota/2018/12/11/dakotadome-renovation-south-dakota-coyotes-football-usd/2261915002/

Understand that the renovation will seat 14k, but more seats can be added to get to 16k.

giphy.gif

On 12/13/2018 at 1:02 PM, southpaw said:

Where does it mention 16k in the renovations?  Looking for some sort of proof in an article that states that.  I assume I'll be waiting for a while.

On 12/13/2018 at 1:25 PM, SiouxVolley said:

The USD board said 14k with an option for 16k later.

On 12/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, southpaw said:

I'm sure a link to the post wouldn't be too tough for you to find and add here.  So far, I've seen nothing in the past year on the board that mentions 16k at the stadium.

On 12/13/2018 at 3:59 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Some posters are just so incredibly lazy.  Have linked to the USD expansion before, but refuse to do the negative Nellie's work.

From the official USD Dakota Dome renovation website:  "The total number of seats available following the west side renovation is expected to be 9,037."

• Upvote 1

Have you been to the Dakota Dome.  The most you can seat is around 5,000/6,000 per side.  I do believe that total number is going to be just over 9,000 TOTAL after the renovations.  They would need to add to the end zone to get over 10,000.

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Wrong, wrong wrong.  Incapable of doing simple arithmetic.

East side: 5500 seats

West side:  9037 seats

Total: 14,537

Enough space remains to add 2000 seats

You just quoted this guy in the conference realignment thread - guess you were too busy reading the tea leaves, rather than what he actually said.

Noticed that the USD message board has now capitulated to the smaller size.

The renovation gives fatter people room now to go comfortably to a game.  People in the 70’s were more slender.

That Dome can be much more easily expanded than the FargoDome.  It doesn’t have a fabric roof now as it’s metal and doesn’t have corner beams like the FargoDome.  No wonder USD seemingly supports Sanford’s Augie plans.

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/aggie-football-maintaining-the-lofty-perch/

“This School is just too big  and prestigious to stay at FCS”, says a UCDavis big booster.

Maybe UC Davis gets five years at the lower level of FBS and then they move to the MWC

Poly and Sac St will at least follow Davis through the initial steps..

Cal Poly announced a 4000 seat expansion to its football stadium to its Vision 2022.  2022 is just before I expect there to be many schools transitioning to FBS.  Since Alex Spanos stadium used to seat 11,075, this should take it above the magic FBS number of 15k.  Funny, there is no demand for Mustang seats lately, but Cal Poly feels the need to do an expensive stadium addition over RR tracks  never the less.

http://mustangnews.net/uu-expansion-off-campus-housing-among-changes-announced-in-2035-campus-master-plan/

3 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Cal Poly announced a 4000 seat expansion to its football stadium to its Vision 2022.  2022 is just before I expect there to be many schools transitioning to FBS.  Since Alex Spanos stadium used to seat 11,075, this should take it above the magic FBS number of 15k.  Funny, there is no demand for Mustang seats lately, but Cal Poly feels the need to do an expensive stadium addition over RR tracks  never the less.

http://mustangnews.net/uu-expansion-off-campus-housing-among-changes-announced-in-2035-campus-master-plan/

are some of these master plans similar to our retractable dome pictures that float around?  just pipe dreams to get donors to donate money for projects that have a less than 2% chance of ever being built?  it does seem odd tho to add seats for a FCS program that is surrounded by FBS programs in every direction.

13 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

are some of these master plans similar to our retractable dome pictures that float around?  just pipe dreams to get donors to donate money for projects that have a less than 2% chance of ever being built?  it does seem odd tho to add seats for a FCS program that is surrounded by FBS programs in every direction.

UND never sent out a press release with new stadium photos.  Those were just renderings found on an architectural firm’s site shared here.

A press release from Cal Poly with $ figures satisfies the “official” release demanded by Southpaw and Goon.

14 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

That article is 14 months old and I can't find anything confirming or even a passing mention that it has made any headway since then.

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

UND never sent out a press release with new stadium photos.  Those were just renderings found on an architectural firm’s site shared here.

A press release from Cal Poly with $ figures satisfies the “official” release demanded by Southpaw and Goon.

But how many times have you said we shouldn't believe a report like that? Just last month you told us not to believe a report about an FCS WAC, but now you're all about believing this one? 

Sacramento just had the co-owner of the Pittsburgh Penquins enter into its group to get an MLS team.  The group needs to have a stadium like Minnesota United to get an MLS expansion team.  Sac St has an FBS stadium, but this would be an improvement.  It really needs an upgrade over its Jr High gym, but it could play where the Kings play b-ball.

https://ussoccerplayers.com/2019/01/sacramento-upgrades-its-mls-expansion-bid.html

CWU has finished a $10 million renovation of its football field, making a separate track and field oval and ridding the football field of it.

Strange how a DII team that hardly has opponents in the GNAC in football would spend millions on making fb facilities better.

Next year, there will move up to DI like Dixie St -likely a revised Big Sky.

https://www.dailyrecordnews.com/news/year-in-review-no-cwu-shows-dedication-to-football-with/article_4ce9f894-6fc5-5b29-bfc5-044318e9ce3a.html

• 1 month later...