SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

7 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Goon, Southpaw, and the bizon trolls will look ridiculous when all this is over.  You all could have had second jobs for all the time you agonized over this thread and didn’t even read my attachment articles.

You mean the article I had to show you said the WAC was starting an FCS football conference? 

• Upvote 1

Think SDSU dropping both tennis programs is another demonstration that more tennis programs will come over as the Summit is now at the minimum.  Augie would not help for five years.

https://gojacks.com/news/2018/4/24/mens-tennis-sdsu-announces-end-of-tennis-programs.aspx?path=mten

The Summit men’s tennis programs are OK now because it contains Valpo, Drake and Illinois St’s programs, but if they move to the Horizon or any other league en masse, UND men’s tennis could be in trouble.

But the Summit women’s programs are at the bare minimum.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/wten/2017-18/standings

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/mten/2017-18/standings#

On 12/7/2018 at 4:10 PM, southpaw said:

You mean the article I had to show you said the WAC was starting an FCS football conference? 

Lol. I hang up and listen as @SiouxVolley is wrong, yet again. 

The study also indicates that the WAC may be interested in sponsoring football as an FCS conference.

"The WAC has confirmed to Collegiate Consulting it is initiating a study in the fall of 2018 to explore the options and opportunities of starting an FCS football conference," the report reads.

As explained numerous times here, but keeps going over certain posters heads, the WAC would need to add at least 5 FCS teams in addition to Dixie St.  The easiest way to do that is take from the Big Sky.  Dixie St wouldnt be available for an FCS autobid for seven years (five for the transition and two more to attain an autobid if the WAC only had five more teams).

So Goon believes any press release put out by commissioners that is intentionally meant to deceive.  Got it.  You must believe every single political ad or press release as are so gullible.

The WAC is entertaining inviting FCS schools to go FBS is more accurate, but they don’t want to spill the beans yet.

30 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

As explained numerous times here, but keeps going over certain posters heads, the WAC would need to add at least 5 FCS teams in addition to Dixie St.  The easiest way to do that is take from the Big Sky.  Dixie St wouldnt be available for an FCS autobid for seven years (five for the transition and two more to attain an autobid if the WAC only had five more teams).

So Goon believes any press release put out by commissioners that is intentionally meant to deceive.  Got it.  You must believe every single political ad or press release as are so gullible.

The WAC is entertaining inviting FCS schools to go FBS is more accurate, but they don’t want to spill the beans yet.

I am going to believe a conference press release over you. Yes. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Please explain this leap. Are you saying by merely breathing the word "football" it starts the conversation for the WAC and they get to remind western FCS teams they have the magic wand, the golden touch, as a former FBS conference to give the (required) invitation for a team to move FCS --> FBS? 

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Please explain this leap. Are you saying by merely breathing the word "football" it starts the conversation for the WAC and they get to remind western FCS teams they have the magic wand, the golden touch, as a former FBS conference to give the (required) invitation for a team to move FCS --> FBS? 

It’s far from a leap.  FCS is a stopover point even for schools that have never had football, like Charlotte, UTSA and even soon UTRGV.

But the WAC needs at least 8 wannabe FBS to get CFP payments.

10 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

But the WAC needs at least 8 wannabe FBS to get CFP payments.

Just so everyone is clear, Idaho's report specifically states that there is no requirement for the CFP to give a re-started WAC any money from the CFP pot. In fact it is listed as both a Weakness and a Threat under the SWOT analysis of Idaho re-joining the WAC as an FBS team. If the contract is re-negotiated before 2026 and the WAC is an FBS conference by then, they could be included, but there is no guarantee of either of those things happening before an unknown date in time.

9 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Just so everyone is clear, Idaho's report specifically states that there is no requirement for the CFP to give a re-started WAC any money from the CFP pot. In fact it is listed as both a Weakness and a Threat under the SWOT analysis of Idaho re-joining the WAC as an FBS team. If the contract is re-negotiated before 2026 and the WAC is an FBS conference by then, they could be included, but there is no guarantee of either of those things happening before an unknown date in time.

Haven't you heard? The report was a facade to keep other schools from taking advantage of the WAC FBSness. Idaho knew they were just dropping down to FCS to recruit UND to leave the Big Sky, join the MVFC and then move to the WAC, but only temporarily, before going to the Summit but as an FBS conference.  :silly:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

Haven't you heard? The report was a facade to keep other schools from taking advantage of the WAC FBSness. Idaho knew they were just dropping down to FCS to recruit UND to leave the Big Sky, join the MVFC and then move to the WAC, but only temporarily, before going to the Summit but as an FBS conference.  :silly:

Shhhhh!!!!!!

Dixie St will officially announce their DI decision in January.

http://dixiesunnews.com/news/articles/2018/12/06/division-i-decision-remains-undecided/

That’s the same time as Metro St will make a decision.  How does Metro St help the WAC with FCS?

Both will help a depleted Big Sky with proper travel partners:  Dixie St with SUU and Metro St with NoCo.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

USD renovating the Dakota Dome now that it doesn’t have to include basketball seating.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/university-of-south-dakota/2018/12/11/dakotadome-renovation-south-dakota-coyotes-football-usd/2261915002/

Understand that the renovation will seat 14k, but more seats can be added to get to 16k.

Where does it mention 16k in the renovations?  Looking for some sort of proof in an article that states that.  I assume I'll be waiting for a while.

16 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The USD board said 14k with an option for 16k later.

I'm sure a link to the post wouldn't be too tough for you to find and add here.  So far, I've seen nothing in the past year on the board that mentions 16k at the stadium.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

I'm sure a link to the post wouldn't be too tough for you to find and add here.  So far, I've seen nothing in the past year on the board that mentions 16k at the stadium.

https://coachad.com/news/u-of-south-dakotas-dakotadome-getting-facelift/

As part of USD’s future plans for the Dome, which was approved by the South Dakota Board of Regents three weeks ago, ongoing renovations will include increasing the seating capacity to 16,000 for football.

that was back in 2011.

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

Some posters are just so incredibly lazy.  Have linked to the USD expansion before, but refuse to do the negative Nellie's work.