SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami, OH - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Good game tonight but wow were the refs ever bad tonight. Still not sure how either of the UND goals were disallowed and on the 2nd one even if they wanted to argue it didn't cross the line it should have been a penalty shot because then there defenseman froze the puck in the crease. A lot of different guys contributing tonight which is good to see and I thought it was a good game for Zane to get back into where there was never really a whole lot of pressure on him, I think if he had been playing the last couple weeks he stops Miami on that breakaway. Also did anyone see what happened to give up that breakaway? I saw Schmaltz was on the ice and wondered if he got picked at the blue line but never could tell from the replays shown on TV.

He called it that once, over two months ago. Is that joke ever going to die?

Never.

Side note, always great to hear the song playing after radio feed switches back to The Fox. tonight's classic: Night Owl by Little River Band. Oh Grand Forks i miss you.

Thought the boys played so well tonight, I was really hoping for Miami not to get the second goal because Zane was playing so well. That is what we were missing. On a side note, I'm starting to wonder what's going on with Johnson, he's getting large minute and playing with Rocco nightly however he hasn't hit the scoresheet whatsoever in well over a month. Huge slump for him, hopefully he can snap out of it.

Thought the boys played so well tonight, I was really hoping for Miami not to get the second goal because Zane was playing so well. That is what we were missing. On a side note, I'm starting to wonder what's going on with Johnson, he's getting large minute and playing with Rocco nightly however he hasn't hit the scoresheet whatsoever in well over a month. Huge slump for him, hopefully he can snap out of it.

Noticed it last night, too. I think it's good for him. Battle through it and once he does get one, they could come in bunches. We need him.

Fun game to be at. Officiating was absolutely brutal. UND looked different than any other game I've seen so far this season. Maybe some or a lot had to do with Miami but UND pressured and skated and transitioned extremely well. I have always felt that sometimes UND under Hak gets to structured within the system vs. letting the boys go out and just skate and make plays. Maybe it was just Miami laying down early but I would love to see more of the style of play UND played last night moving forward especially with the offensive talent on the blue line. Mattson Schmaltz and Thompson are really skilled with the puck.

Nice weekend, but we shouldn't draw too many conclusions about what the team did different. Miami is at the bottom for a reason.

Agree...they were horrible for about 115 minutes this series.

scpa0305...you on board now with Miami?

I agree... much needed wins but this is just the start of the push. Now, if we start putting up nine spots on duluth and st cloud...

Putting 9 up on anyone is pretty damn impressive in my opinion though. Good confidence builder for the team moving forward and great game for Zane to return for. Now time to take it to Duluth!