SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Pairwise rankings

jimdahl

I'd think we'd see People flipping out, jumping off ledges and making outlandish calls for the coaches head......

.....Wait..........

There would be an implosion of epic proportions. I don't care as long as they get in...

There would be an implosion of epic proportions. I don't care as long as they get in...

Agree...but blowing a 2 goal lead at home Saturday did not make it easier to get in.

Don't want to hear 11-2-1 again ...the overall record has put them in the position they are in now. Next 8 games are not going to be easy pickings.

No matter how you put it, from here on out und will need to perform better than they have all season to get in the tournament. Home ice first, win the frozen faceoff, get in ncaas and win 4 more. Easy enough right?

Either way it will make for an exciting end to the season. Kind of a nail biter! Don't let us fans down fighting Sioux!

Don't forget that Jim did not factor in a potential 2-5 extra games beyond that. I have a feeling UND will at least need to make it to Minneapolis to be playing in the NCAA Tournament at the end of the year.

Yeah, the conference playoffs can definitely help. But, keep in mind that if you don't win it all you get at least one loss. So, if an at-large bid matters for you, you're probably adding something like 3-1 or 4-1 at best. For teams around 15 in PWR, that can be enough to push you in; but generally not if you're down around 20. (At least under the old PWR, the new one seems a little easier to climb from 20 to 13-14).

For what it's worth, I like CHN's PWR slightly better than USCHO's (objective, not because of how UND performs). I've spent the last week working on duplicating it, so now should be able to run CHN's or both going forward.

Yeah, the conference playoffs can definitely help. But, keep in mind that if you don't win it all you get at least one loss. So, if an at-large bid matters for you, you're probably adding something like 3-1 or 4-1 at best. For teams around 15 in PWR, that can be enough to push you in; but generally not if you're down around 20. (At least under the old PWR, the new one seems a little easier to climb from 20 to 13-14).

For what it's worth, I like CHN's PWR slightly better than USCHO's (objective, not because of how UND performs). I've spent the last week working on duplicating it, so now should be able to run CHN's or both going forward.

Yes, good point. You would have to have AT LEAST 1 loss, could even have 2 with the 3rd place game now.

What's the reasoning for switching your stance on PWR as I thought earlier in the year you were more keen on USCHO's?

Everyday it is so much fun to watch gfhockey hook all of you and reel you in. It is quite fun watching the suckers get their chains ranked on a daily basis.

Yet you and him are the ones who have been put in multiple timeouts. You just seem to keep ignoring yours which are supposed to be permanent.

Yes, good point. You would have to have AT LEAST 1 loss, could even have 2 with the 3rd place game now.

What's the reasoning for switching your stance on PWR as I thought earlier in the year you were more keen on USCHO's?

I wish we could have the exact formula so we know what's the real numbers....

Everyday it is so much fun to watch gfhockey hook all of you and reel you in. It is quite fun watching the suckers get their chains ranked on a daily basis.

"Hook" that's funny, if you can't see the consistent bad writing and poor choice of comments are an obvious reflection of his character, then I guess that confirms my opinion of yours... Carry on.