SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Northern Michigan - Friday

AZSIOUX

RULE 83.6 of NCAA rule book under disallowed goals. On page 74.

If an attacking player interferes with the goalkeeper in the crease physically or visually, preventing the goalkeeper from defending the goal.

The Officials got it right according to the rule book.

RULE 83.6 of NCAA rule book under disallowed goals. On page 83.

If an attacking player interferes with the goalkeeper in the crease physically or visually, preventing the goalkeeper from defending the goal.

I wasn't too familar with the exact rule but watching you could see and hear Jackson yelling from the bench to make sure the refs were reviewing the goal and looking for that so good to see him on top of that.

I wasn't too familar with the exact rule but watching you could see and hear Jackson yelling from the bench to make sure the refs were reviewing the goal and looking for that.

I knew it was going to be a no goal when after the first replay Hammer said...."that's clearly a goal Kober"
  • Upvote 3

RULE 83.6 of NCAA rule book under disallowed goals. On page 83.

He didn't touch Zane.

I wasn't too familar with the exact rule but watching you could see and hear Jackson yelling from the bench to make sure the refs were reviewing the goal and looking for that.

I had absolutely no clue this was a rule. I know you can't physically prevent the goaltender from stopping the puck, but I guess you can't screen him while in the crease either.

Overall another pretty decent game and another important win tonight. Northern Michigan really didn't have any real great chances and I think it has been quite a while since we have been able to say that about an opponent. Game really seemed to be getting chippy as it went on and I would expect the same thing tomorrow. You can still tell that there are a number of guys that aren't 100% that are playing right now so hopefully we can get another win tomorrow and head to the break on a nice little streak and get close to fully healthy.

On TV you could hear Jackson yelling for goaltender interference, but Kober and Hammer had no clue what they were reviewing. It's like they think they only review goals to make sure the puck goes in the net.

Yep I heard Jackson right away and continued to laugh at Kober and Hammer as they just kept talking about the puck going in.

What's all the discussion about anyway. They got the call right. The NMU players feet were in the crease and visually impaired Zane. At worst they got it wrong and a call went our way. Which the cry on here is that NEVER happens with Don Adams crews.......NEVER....we are always getting screwed by the officials ??? . Enjoy it .....it may NEVER happen again :glare:

• Upvote 1

Some thoughts:

~Another solid game from Zane. Good consistent goaltending will win you some games.

~The young defensemen all played very well. I think LaDue-Thompson will be together for a time. Read each very well in the offensive end, and breaking the puck out of the zone.

~Seemed like the no goal sparked the team. Think they were kind of just getting by there in the third. Sparked them a bit and finished strong.

~Four wins in a row for the fellas. Major let down if NMU sneaks one out tomorrow. Got to "Back this one up" like the head coach said post game.

Zane seemed very solid tonight, but what was with him being so active with the puck? There were a couple times that he skated far out in order to do a long pass. The first one led to a 3-on-2 for UND, but the second one had NMU carrying the puck back across the red line with Zane still 10-15 feet from the net.

Zane seemed very solid tonight, but what was with him being so active with the puck? There were a couple times that he skated far out in order to do a long pass. The first one led to a 3-on-2 for UND, but the second one had NMU carrying the puck back across the red line with Zane still 10-15 feet from the net.

Phil did the same thing:

Observations from the game:

1. Mark Macmillan is still hurting. It is very clear he is not well. The Christmas break will be big for him.

2. The Caggiula-Grimaldi-Johnson line is going to have a good second half. Johnson is showing sniper skills. His goal was like Ryan Duncan, but from an even greater angle. That was a sniper goal. The chemistry is also growing. They had a couple of beautiful setup passes that were missed by the shooter. When those start to click, look out.

3. The defense played pretty well tonight and the breakouts seemed to go smooth and easy.

4. While Gothberg played the shots pretty well, his rebound control tonight was terrible. If this game had been against a team with some ability to finish, the Sioux would have lost. And his play that led to the NM goal was poor on his part. He handed the puck off to Mattson who had a NM player on his tail. Mattson got checked into the boards and lost the puck. The puck was shot from behind the goal, hit Stecher and went in the net.

5. The team work ethic seemed to be there pretty much for the whole game.

6. Mattson absolutely had a brain malfunction when NM dumped the puck into the zone around him, and he simply went to the bench for a change instead of chasing down the puck. He literally gave the puck possession to NM, hanging his defensive partner out to dry.

7. Someone needs to talk to Tambellini about keeping your hands low on checks and avoid the stupid penalties.

8. Northern Michigan is not a good team. The game had a real ugly feel to it when NM scored their second goal. Having that waived off and then LaDue scoring shortly after to make it 4-1 pretty much finished off the game.

Agree w Siouxman and Wilbur's post game thoughts and I'll add a couple...

Thompson is the real deal...get him some weight and a couple years older and wow! His passing out of D zone best of any Dmen.

Drake starting to play more aggressively. No doubt his fall awhile back caused more cautious play.

Tambo and Murphy either have to do something...anything productive or they have to sit.

Big if...but if Chyzyk can play again and you put him on a wing w Panz and Colton you will have 2 lines no team will want to play against.

Parks played his best game of the season.

Know this has been mentioned but Luke's goal was right in front of us. Vintage Duncan. He had maybe a 6-8" window to snipe that one.