SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

I doubt it. Bohl will bring in his own OC.

He kept Gus when he took over the NDSU job but somebody else took over as DC.

Pretty much what I was inferring. I think Vigen is going with Bohl, he has remained as one of the few constants on his staff.

Bohl will not run a spread, so I'd be surprised if that guy is the OC.

I'm 90% sure Vigen will be the OC, but Feff is right they do have some decent players on offense, even switching schemes they should be pretty decent.

Defensively however, they suck.

I doubt it. Bohl will bring in his own OC.

He kept Gus when he took over the NDSU job but somebody else took over as DC.

This isn't accurate. Coach Bradley stayed on as DC when Bohl came in. The same position he held from 1996-2005 for NDSU.

Edit: Upon further review, it appears he was Co-Defensive Coordinator when Bohl came in at first. With Jimmy Burrow(Yikes)

Scott Hazelton says he is/was not candidate for NDSU head coaching job. Enjoys being a DC. Surprising, figured if they went outside, he would be the guy, though it may end up not mattering.

Sounds like job is going to current DC, which allows NDSU to avoid the dog and pony show Faison is putting on. If Klieman decides to head west with Bohl, then they probably try to use "emergency hire" clause with playoffs, timing, etc. as reason. I hope it doesn't get to this point (UND dragging it's feet...NDSU going outside yet getting it done quickly)...as I really don't want to waste extra time and energy being pissed.

I love it. Everyone just assumes Faison is dragging his feet. Having seen how he works, I'm significantly more inclined to believe that he knows the person he wants but can't announce it right now.

But then again, as I've seen time and time again, bitching and moaning is quite the regular activity on siouxsports.

What would be preventing him from announcing now?

What would be preventing him from announcing now?

maybe Faison does have his top 3, but can't get them to apply due to:

1) open records - delay until last minute to avoid media coverage as much as possible (a'la deBoer) or

2) still coaching FCS playoff team or FBS bowl team (16 teams - 8 of each - play by 12/21) or

3) he is being considered or has applied for a different team (Kleiman, Hazelton) or

4) they are not convinced they want to come to GF/UND for personal reasons (Caruso)

Or maybe, he does have the person already picked out but is allowing the process to play out according to HR schedule, not according to siouxsports.com schedule (really don't think this one can be attributed to anything but not being satisfied with the Berry hiring)

I love it. Everyone just assumes Faison is dragging his feet. Having seen how he works, I'm significantly more inclined to believe that he knows the person he wants but can't announce it right now.

But then again, as I've seen time and time again, bitching and moaning is quite the regular activity on siouxsports.

Agree with this. I firmly believe the next coach of UND football is not among the current list of applicants.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh got it, thanks. I wasn't sure if the previous post said the exodus was actually happening.

Correct, at this point it has only been players that NDSU has had interest in, including one or two that had come to Fargo for official visits. Will be interesting to see if it stays that way after Jan 4th or not.

Correct, at this point it has only been players that NDSU has had interest in, including one or two that had come to Fargo for official visits. Will be interesting to see if it stays that way after Jan 4th or not.

The mass exodus comes when NDSU starts losing games left and right and players start the transfer papers.