SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

Just 11 months ago: http://www.valleynew...nsion-with-ndsu

ndsu had 'locked up' Bohl and he wouldn't be leaving for anywhere but a BCS job. All you had to do was ask their fans.

Crazy.

It probably took Tom Burman about two phone calls to get alumni at UW to cover the buyout on that contract.

It may be Wyoming, but it is FBS. They love their football team that has always played at the highest level. Their alumni want to keep it that way.

Bohl's going to take ALL the valuable assistants too.

FCS success has its consequences.

A previous poster brought this up. Interesting that folks are worried about his step-child but not know how the situation was previously handled with his now ex-wife and his own children. How come that hasn't been brought up?

I would think its because people know Leah.

It may be FBS, but it's not in a BCS conference. There is a difference.

Bohl would NEVER leave for anything but a BCS job....

You know, I used to think that was true. But, after reading WyoBison and others, it kind of makes sense. BCS schools don't hire from FCS. The only example was at Ohio State, and that was a disaster. Bohl looks like he will use Wyoming as a stepping stone. As a Pokes and UND fan, this killed two birds with one stone! I'm happy. I'd bet that Wyoming makes some bowl game next year. Then, we'll see what happens.

Maybe Bo gets canned. Maybe Bohl does go to Nebraska?

Get out the popcorn. This is gonna be an interesting year coming up!

UND: HIRE THAT MONTANA COACH!

According to the Wyonation blogger, lots of questions will be answered about Bohl's hire at the press conference in Laramie today.. it's at 6:00 Central time...

(I hope somebody is keeping sharp objects away from Lakes...)

http://www.wyonation.com/2013/12/craig-bohl-new-wyoming-football-coach/

"Many questions will be answered at the press conference. When will Bohl take over (NDSU is still alive in the FCS playoffs)? How much will he be paid? How much will his staff be paid? What is his vision for the program moving forward?"

"

From twitter this morning, there are reports that Bohl has offered assistant jobs to five current NDSU assistants, including Klieman and Vigen, and that "at this time", he plans to continue coaching NDSU through the playoffs. Seems like a huge conflict of interest in terms of recruiting, though.

BCS schools don't hire from FCS. The only example was at Ohio State, and that was a disaster.

It ended in disaster but Ohio State got what it wanted out of Tressel: a return to national prominence, consistently beating Michigan again, and one national title. They wouldn't go back and undo that now despite the one-year flame-out after the sweater vest was fired.

You know, I used to think that was true. But, after reading WyoBison and others, it kind of makes sense. BCS schools don't hire from FCS. The only example was at Ohio State, and that was a disaster. Bohl looks like he will use Wyoming as a stepping stone. As a Pokes and UND fan, this killed two birds with one stone! I'm happy. I'd bet that Wyoming makes some bowl game next year. Then, we'll see what happens.

Maybe Bo gets canned. Maybe Bohl does go to Nebraska?

Get out the popcorn. This is gonna be an interesting year coming up!

UND: HIRE THAT MONTANA COACH!

Brian Kelly didn't go straight to Notre Dame. Jerry Kill didn't go straight to Minnesota. Not a bad move by Bohl and his staff. If he takes everyone, couldnt be a worse time for FU. Can't really recruit during the playoff run.

Oops...forgot about those two. Also, Tressel did win before it went sour.

Well, color me wrong!

This does screw up recruiting for the U of AAS. (I'm trying to care... :lol: )

I was actually agreeing with you. An FCS coach needs a stop like this to continue moving up the ladder. You are right, nearly impossible to move directly from FCS to a FBS school.

He might have one eye on greener pastures even now. Wyoming has a good offense in place, if he and Kliemann could bring their defensive success and get a Bowl bid or two they might make one final move, of course Nebraska is always mentioned but there's always openings at every level.

Seems like a good catch for Wyoming, might bring them out of obscurity.

So Bohl plans on continuing to coach NDSU after he is announced as the new Wyoming coach tonight? With reports he's already offered his top 5 assistants to come with him? NDSU is going to allow him and his staff to have contact with recruits knowing he is gone as soon as he leaves? :lol:

So Bohl plans on continuing to coach NDSU after he is announced as the new Wyoming coach tonight? With reports he's already offered his top 5 assistants to come with him? NDSU is going to allow him and his staff to have contact with recruits knowing he is gone as soon as he leaves? :lol:

It's kind of a nightmare situation if you're Taylor. I suspect he would like to just push Bohl out the door now, but that could possibly mean trying to finish out the playoffs seriously under-staffed. But the recruiting conflict of interest issue isn't going away. Bohl isn't going to take the next month off from recruiting for his new school.

Wow big blow to the ego of Bison Nation...Some Bison faithful were delusional to the point that they actually thought the Bison FB job was a destination position...The only college coaching destination position in this state is UND hockey...I say this the morning after our hockey team just swept a team coached by a former successful NHL coach...stuff like that does not happen at the FCS level folks...

I was actually agreeing with you. An FCS coach needs a stop like this to continue moving up the ladder. You are right, nearly impossible to move directly from FCS to a FBS school.

Yeah, but I made is sound as if it could never happen.

It can. but, it is difficult. Plus, with the big $$$ involved, it's such gamble. ADs at BCS schools are wary...

He might have one eye on greener pastures even now. Wyoming has a good offense in place, if he and Kliemann could bring their defensive success and get a Bowl bid or two they might make one final move, of course Nebraska is always mentioned but there's always openings at every level.

Seems like a good catch for Wyoming, might bring them out of obscurity.

You know, with the coaching change at Boise State, CSU still building up their program, and if Utah State can't reload, maybe the Pokes have a shot at the MWC championship game next year. (Yeah...being way too optimistic)

Bohl will have to change the attitude there. They have offensive talent, but can't seem to score on winning teams. They'd also give up in certain games. Their defense was so undisciplined last year. They wouldn't stay in their lanes, missed tackles and would give up. The team started out well, but in the game in Laramie against CSU, it just all fell apart.

U of AAS teams under Bohl don't give up. They remain disciplined on the field and on the sidelines.

Plus, like it was pointed out earlier, there isn't a Best Buy in Laramie!

At least it puts the Bison fans back in their place, dose of reality. They are not bigger than Wyoming, who they thought was well beneath them.

That is the funniest thing about this hire.

Definitely puts the fans of the University of Agriculture and Applied Science back in their place.

With that being said, I would make an argument that this years Buffalo team may be the best the FCS has ever seen.