SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

My bad, was thinking the Colorado State win was Wyoming. Of course Gene Taylor was so happy with that win that he made it known to the President of NDSU that nobody would be suspending any players.

No worries. Their defense absolutely dismantled CSU last year. Not sure if you know, but U of Wyoming's biggest rival is CSU. They hate them. That win HAD to impress Tom Burman, the AD at Wyoming.

So the big question is does this help or hurt UND's coaching search. Will coaches hold out in applying for the UND job and wait to apply for the NDSU job? Or will they apply for both??

Personally I think Faison already has an idea who he is hiring. If this would have happened two weeks ago than maybe. Timing is good for UND. Allows them to grab the attention Oxbow mentioned. Sucks for FU for mtiple reasons- playoffs and the timing. Being without a head coach going into signing day if they don't promote from within.

Personally I think Faison already has an idea who he is hiring. If this would have happened two weeks ago than maybe. Timing is good for UND. Allows them to grab the attention Oxbow mentioned. Sucks for FU for mtiple reasons- playoffs and the timing. Being without a head coach going into signing day if they don't promote from within.

It might turn into a bidding war between Bohl and the U of AAS for their best assistant. I would guess that Bohl can probably outbid the AAS, but would that assistant rather take the HC job as their stepping stone? The U of AAS could remain a powerful FCS program even with Bohl gone. He made a strong foundation for his successor.

Just watched the highlights from the Furman game at gobison.com

Bohl's post game speech about love and togetherness is precious.

Also, the bisonville meltdown hasn't happened yet. Watch what happens if this teams happens to get beat on the way to the coronation.

So what's your gut feeling CAS...Vigen? I would think Kliemann would be gone?

I have really know idea. If Klieman leaves with Bohl (and why wouldn't Bohl want him to go with?) I would say its Vigen. Local guy, played for SU and likely wants job.

I for one will give u him and take Phlu please. Don't think Vigen can or does command enough respect from players--he just doesn't have the "it" factor!!

Much like Muss, good OC, but would not make good HC-->everyone has their roles in life and work, so not bashing-->jussayin'!!

I would imagine the impending graduation (well, loss of eligibility) for his many seniors that have carried the FCS team to these championships probably has a lot to do with it also. Honestly, this AAS team may be the best FCS football team ever. You can only go downhill from that.

Do you really think that and are you that stupid?! What we have as players waiting to get time would dismantle anything UND will put on table for next many years.

Geez, why do some of u have to be like this?!

@baffled @bohlcowboysnothappening @nonattysforundforever!!

@goodgodagain!!

• Upvote 1

Do you really think that and are you that stupid?! What we have as players waiting to get time would dismantle anything UND will put on table for next many years.

Geez, why do some of u have to be like this?!

@baffled @bohlcowboysnothappening @nonattysforundforever!!

@goodgodagain!!

Here, read this book.

how-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.jpg

It could help you.

• Upvote 1

I have really know idea. If Klieman leaves with Bohl (and why wouldn't Bohl want him to go with?) I would say its Vigen. Local guy, played for SU and likely wants job.

I for one will give u him and take Phlu please. Don't think Vigen can or does command enough respect from players--he just doesn't have the "it" factor!!

Much like Muss, good OC, but would not make good HC-->everyone has their roles in life and work, so not bashing-->jussayin'!!

After hearing that I think maybe an outsider would be best, a coach without his players 100% behind him is going to disappoint.

Smilin' Tim Miles left one great class for his successor.

Will Bohl have done the same for his?

And will Miles and Bohl ever work for the same AD again?

</soap opera music>

:D

He'll have Brett Smith at QB. If Bohl can find someone can work with him a bit off season, maybe their offense will score against the Boise State's of the MWC instead of setting records only against teams like Hawaii.

is that a shot at those that says brooks b is too young and hasn't been a hc???

Yeah it is. Vigen has almost a decade of D1 experience and even more as a coach. He has way more coaching experience than Bollinger. I didn't know Bollinger had relatives on this forum; so much for objective analysis.

Another item to ponder (no, not Sam or Christian) is that this may be the Perfect time for Bohl to move-->he leaves leaving a tremendous senior class who can win another Natty without him as HC.

Also, and while I may eat crow in this, I do not believe CB will do anything intentionally or negligently to hurt SU's program.

But I have been wrong many times before.

Has there been an attributed, on the record source for this story anywhere?

It's all anonymous sources.

Until I see a real name or see Bohl in front of a Cowboys banner in Laramie I'm not believing all of it.

Agree, although things seem to be adding up, but, then again, social media and terrible new peeps can do that by appealing to goup-think mentality present in these days.

We'll see, and thanks again SS.com-->says hayd*ke!

Did FU actually send tweets to all voters in the AP poll begging for votes in the poll?

Yes that account did. And he encouraged others to do the same. While not officially related to NDSU, he covers their recruiting better than the local media. And I believe his dad was a long time coach at NDSU. He was also mocking anyone who mentioned Bohl to Wyoming since the job had been open.

!@#$ it might be Caruso

specualtion runs rampant at 104.7 the popster

If he wasn't/isn't Faison's 1st choice it should not matter to anyone here. But if he is...well then it might get interesting.

Pflu has strong connections to the BS...won a natty...grab him!!! Now!