SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. St. Lawrence Saints - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Let's go Sioux!

I am very interested to see what comes through those doors tonight....

A businesslike approach to the system. ......6-2 SLU

A passionate energy effort filled determination to not lose... 3-3 Tie

A passionate energy filled approach to the system and it is used in a manner and with determination not to lose...plus confident goalie play... 4-2 UND

Did we bottom out last night ? I noticed early in last nights game when ever they showed one of our guys up close there was no joy / happiness on any of their faces no sign of enjoying what they were doing - something is really bothering them - this was before they were really behind & it got worse - wish they could find that spark to relight some fire

If they tie to this team, season is pretty much shot. We have to win tonight.

Yes that would pretty much be it considering they aren't even in the first page of pairwise where there are 34 teams on CHNs app. Then it would be try and peak in march and play somebody on the road first round in their barn. Such a deep hole in the pairwise and that's what matters in college hockey

Would love to see a whole different squad tonight line up wise, pp as well. Throw 4 forwards and the four most skilled with pick your D man. Go sioux go

Last nights game was absolutely the worst game I have personally witnessed by the Sioux. I almost threw up it was so bad. Did we win one puck battle??

Despite this I have not forgotten last Sat night in Boston. That game was one of the better games I have ever seen the Sioux play.

So having a respect for the scientific method's I learned at UND and employing the fair competition practices from the game of H.O.R.S.E. I will hold judgment until I get some more conclusive data.

..I will offer one opinion from the game last night. The timeout that was called by Hak last night was, I feel, ill timed. It was at the crescendo of momentum in our favor for the entire night and I think it wasted it. never slow things down when your on it. and for 90% of the night we were not on it. He called the time out in the midst of our 10% on it period.

It is hard to know but I wonder sometimes if Hak doesn't sometimes micro manage the players??

If they tie to this team, season is pretty much shot. We have to win tonight.

I know it is only november, but und has dug itself the biggest first half hole in the hakstol era. this reminds me of michigan last year where they didn't find their game until late february and by then it as way too late. a loss tonight would pretty much put und in the role of spoiler as they play out the string

Last nights game was absolutely the worst game I have personally witnessed by the Sioux. I almost threw up it was so bad. Did we win one puck battle??

Despite this I have not forgotten last Sat night in Boston. That game was one of the better games I have ever seen the Sioux play.

So having a respect for the scientific method's I learned at UND and employing the fair competition practices from the game of H.O.R.S.E. I will hold judgment until I get some more conclusive data.

..I will offer one opinion from the game last night. The timeout that was called by Hak last night was, I feel, ill timed. It was at the crescendo of momentum in our favor for the entire night and I think it wasted it. never slow things down when your on it. and for 90% of the night we were not on it. He called the time out in the midst of our 10% on it period.

It is hard to know but I wonder sometimes if Hak doesn't sometimes micro manage the players??

Actually I feel the timeout had to be called. We just got a 5x3 and there was only 44 seconds left on the first penalty. Our first unit was tired and there was no way u bring out the second unit on the 5x3 in the 3rd especially when we were down by one So that, to me, was a great timeout. However the first unit sucked and they never scored. I still say he had to get those guys back out there.