SiouxSports.com Forum

Expectations for Next Season & New Coach?

Cratter

According to the SFI latest blog, they know of (weren't naming names) a couple of the names they brought up in an earlier post that were going to apply around the 10th. I would be satisfied with most anyone on that list, so that's a good thing. Still not sold completely on DeBoer or Bubba, though.

According to the SFI latest blog, they know of (weren't naming names) a couple of the names they brought up in an earlier post that were going to apply around the 10th. I would be satisfied with most anyone on that list, so that's a good thing. Still not sold completely on DeBoer or Bubba, though.

These two coaches are way better than most of the people that have applied up to this point.

SiouxFootballinsider just posted on twitter:

Per @travisWSN UND OL Joel Isenberger is transferring to Winona State (D2).

I sat in the first row during the last game and saw Joel Isenberger was in his jersey but not dressed to play. He and another player who was also not dressed sat on the end of bench to watch the game. A coach ran down and berated them for sitting down and made them stand. Both of them did what they were told but it really seemed like they had had enough.

I sat in the first row during the last game and saw Joel Isenberger was in his jersey but not dressed to play. He and another player who was also not dressed sat on the end of bench to watch the game. A coach ran down and berated them for sitting down and made them stand. Both of them did what they were told but it really seemed like they had had enough.

Jackson will be a tough one to replace, as will Edwards. They were contributors.. Isenberger was a recruiting "miss". Never quite panned out.

Care to share the other player was, or if he is a likely flight risk?

Did this happen when Behrns was fired?

Some guys leave every year. I'm guessing at least a couple of these were leaving regardless of whether Muss was fired or not. This team needs a couple of guys to step up, become leaders, and get everybody else on the same page with a focus on being better next year.

yes some guys leave every year but usually not guys on full rides that saw playing time since they were RFr.... If this keeps up next year may be worse than this year...

And if that is what it takes to get this program turned around in the long-term, I am more than willing to accept that possibility.

• Upvote 1

yes some guys leave every year but usually not guys on full rides that saw playing time since they were RFr.... If this keeps up next year may be worse than this year...

Next year won't be worse If the right head coach and coaching staff is hired. Still plenty of talent on this team, along with JUCO players to sign and FBS players that want to transfer down themselves.

And if that is what it takes to get this program turned around in the long-term, I am more than willing to accept that possibility.

I will take a 2-9 year with a team that does it the right way and is 100% committed over years of under achieving. Eventually the culture will get back to where it needs to be and guys won't think they're above the program.

I will take a 2-9 year with a team that does it the right way and is 100% committed over years of under achieving. Eventually the culture will get back to where it needs to be and guys won't think they're above the program.

Roger Thomas-1986. He went 2-9 his first year but the team got better every year. That is what I want to see, improvement every year. With Muss we stayed the same every year, eventually getting worse in the last two seasons.

Next year won't be worse If the right head coach and coaching staff is hired. Still plenty of talent on this team, along with JUCO players to sign and FBS players that want to transfer down themselves.

A couple drop down FBS kids would be ok if the hired coach has connections with the kids.

Going out and getting a bunch of JUCOs is not the answer. I sincerely hope the next head coach doesn't do that.

A couple drop down FBS kids would be ok if the hired coach has connections with the kids.

Going out and getting a bunch of JUCOs is not the answer. I sincerely hope the next head coach doesn't do that.

Sometimes you have no choice but to bring in some jucos and transfers to bridge the gap, especially if there are more major contributors that leave.

Sometimes you have no choice but to bring in some jucos and transfers to bridge the gap, especially if there are more major contributors that leave.

You referred to the team culture earlier in this thread, which I thought was appropriate. How does bringing in JUCOs help with that?

Sometimes in order to turn it around, you have no choice but to bring in some "lunch pail and hard hat" guys that play with a ton of UND pride and have a chip on their shoulder. Sure they are less recruited and probably less talented in most cases. But they will be coachable, hopefully academically stable and will represent UND and the community well on and off the field.

I guess we just disagree on this one.