SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston!

Fedorov

I've read many times that Panzarella and Ausmus are considered to be defensive defensemen. Wouldn't it make more sense to put Mattson (like Oxbow6 suggested) and/or Thompson at wing temporarily?

Aren't both those boys bigger body types? Maybe they want size on the bottom 2 lines. Especially if the 4th line is supposed to be a checking/defensive line.

Aren't both those boys bigger body types? Maybe they want size on the bottom 2 lines. Especially if the 4th line is supposed to be a checking/defensive line.

Just gonna add my 2 cents. Additionally, you're not going to put Thompson at fwd because considering he hasn't yet been able to crack the lineup at his natural position, it's just asking too much of a young guy to have him play out of position. Panz and Ausmus are our 6/7 defenseman, so having them play fwd leaves us with a still somewhat in-tact d-core. Mattson... Yeah I know some people hate to admit it, but he's one of our top 4 D and taking him out is a bad idea that would weaken our top 4.

Just gonna add my 2 cents. Additionally, you're not going to put Thompson at fwd because considering he hasn't yet been able to crack the lineup at his natural position, it's just asking too much of a young guy to have him play out of position. Panz and Ausmus are our 6/7 defenseman, so having them play fwd leaves us with a still somewhat in-tact d-core. Mattson... Yeah I know some people hate to admit it, but he's one of our top 4 D and taking him out is a bad idea that would weaken our top 4.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that assessment.

Reading the travel blog it looks like the whole roster made the trip to Boston. It says that Rodwell's status is still up in the air but I would think Schloss is right and he probably won't be able to go. Assuming Rodwell can't go what do you think we see for lines this weekend? Tough situation but I think I'd go something like this:

Chyzk-Caggiula-Rocco

Tambo-Johnson-Parks

Sanderson-Pattyn-Murphy

Mitch-Gaarder-Panzerella/Ausmus

Even though Tambo is naturally a center I think he would be almost a waste of his talent if he plays with Mitch and a D-man and think he would fit in well with Johnson and Parks.

What do you think we see for lines this weekend? Tough situation but I think I'd go something like this:

Chyzk-Caggiula-Rocco

Tambo-Johnson-Parks

Sanderson-Pattyn-Murphy

Mitch-Gaarder-Panzerella/Thompson

Even though Tambo is naturally a center I think he would be almost a waste of his talent if he plays with Mitch and a D-man and think he would fit in well with Johnson and Parks.

thompson would be playing d. it would either be panzerella or ausmus as the wing on that last line.

thompson would be playing d. it would either be panzerella or ausmus as the wing on that last line.

Just saw that, I think Thompson would probably fit the best as a forward out of the 3 but I can understand that Hak wouldn't want him playing as a forward when he hasn't played very much even on D this season.

How is Boston doing ?

5-6-0 overall

2-3-0 hockey east

They beat uconn in the last game they played. Maine beat them 7-0 game before that. Also lost to BC Michigan, Michigan state. They beat UW, providence, rpi, uconn and umass

How is Boston doing ?

Well, they are a little dry right now...but it looks like they can expect showers tomorrow. They have no pollen alerts currently. It doesn't look like they have had anything too scary happen there lately as they are fixated on the JFK anniversary tomorrow like everyone else and MA teachers are apparently doing really well. They did indict the kid for killing the teacher.

;) ;) ;) ;)

Well, they are a little dry right now...but it looks like they can expect showers tomorrow. They have no pollen alerts currently. It doesn't look like they have had anything too scary happen there lately as they are fixated on the JFK anniversary tomorrow like everyone else and MA teachers are apparently doing really well. They did indict the kid for killing the teacher.

;) ;) ;) ;)

I cannot stop laughing.

(obviously I'm not laughing about the kid killing the teacher thing)

I need to get some cheers ready.

Over-rated!

Under-rated!

You're not rated!

Judging by the large number of seats still available on Ticketmaster, your chants might carry some weight. Here's a fail safe: "Let's Go Sioux". :)

I would like to think even as banged up as this squad is they could get one win on the road vs. this BU team.

Paging AZSIOUX...get the game thread rolling!

Which BU team shows up this weekend? The one that beat Providence 4-3 a few weeks ago or the one that got dismantled by Maine last Friday night 7-0?

For all the complaining everyone's done (myself included) about Midco since they started televising hockey, I would like to commend them for picking up these away games. I think their broadcast has improved greatly this year. After watching other teams telecasts and announcers via live streaming I think we better not bitch too much. (Except for "Get On Your Feet" :crazy:)

• Upvote 1

15 degrees and blowing snow. Direct TV said can't install a dish on a day like this. Asked them to hook me up with an installer that is a Fighting Sioux fan. You know the rest of the story...guy is on the roof as I type... installing the dish. I think I will ask the guy to stick around and watch the game tonight. Go Sioux!

• Upvote 4