SiouxSports.com Forum

Does it bother anybody else?

IrishSiouxFan

Montana State is making a big media push now also it seems, they have more billboards and TV ads popping up than UM does, probably with our legal issues the past couple years they feel it is a good time to push for enrollment, and from a business standpoint that makes sense. I'm sure the UM people have noticed and are reacting.

Same is probably true with NDSU, with their success on the field plus the exposure they have gotten being on Gameday and such they probably think it's an optimum time to push for enrollment, and from a business standpoint they are probably right too. I'm sure UND has noticed and will react also.

Like it or not it makes sense to me.

I see UND billboards in Fargo and Outside Minneapolis. So now NDSU does the same...where's the story?

NDSUAAS has had billboards in Grand Forks for years. I remember seeing billboards for football, basketball and general for enrollment. The ones I remember most have been along Gateway Drive and along Demers Avenue. IIRC there was a lot of angst on this board a few years ago when they had a football billboard up by the Westward Ho. I don't know if there are more or less right now than in past years, but there is nothing new about NDSUAAS having billboards in Grand Forks.

Didn't I read the "Newman" Sign guy was a FU guy?

I believe that Harold Newman is a graduate of Moorhead State University and originally from Mayville. I don't know what connections he might have to NDSUAAS. I know that they have a suite at the Alerus Center and think that they have had one at REA (I don't know if they still do or not).

Maybe I associated it because they are based out of Fargo, unfortunately like a lot of companies in Grand Forks....our own newspaper and tv station.

I think that Newman's headquarters are still in Jamestown. He started in Fargo-Moorhead while he was in college, but he moved the company after he graduated. They have staff in a lot of places, including a sales person located in Grand Forks. They have a plant in Jamestown.

I have donated lots of money....

I am quitting this year tho unless I see change like Obama wanted!

Really? You need to get your stories straight....

the AD and I don't get a long. I stopped donating. but I do hear lots of scuttle as my job entails me working with lots of big wigs that companys do donate.

yeah I quit this year bud...as in quitting...unfortunately I had to do nate to get season fball tixkets with passes.

I would start donating again if we got tibesar

sorry goon..im a blue collar guy who doesn't make enough to make a donation...I would if I could believe me

probably start donating again.

• Upvote 1

Montana State is making a big media push now also it seems, they have more billboards and TV ads popping up than UM does, probably with our legal issues the past couple years they feel it is a good time to push for enrollment, and from a business standpoint that makes sense. I'm sure the UM people have noticed and are reacting.

Same is probably true with NDSU, with their success on the field plus the exposure they have gotten being on Gameday and such they probably think it's an optimum time to push for enrollment, and from a business standpoint they are probably right too. I'm sure UND has noticed and will react also.

Like it or not it makes sense to me.

Montana is pretty much divided in half, east of Helena is mostly for MSU and west of Helena is mostly UM.

In my lifetime I have noticed that NDSU has a huge following within the Fargo/Moorhead area while UND has a huge following across the entire state of North Dakota.

I have family and friends who live in the Dickinson area and while most, if not all of them couldn't tell you the difference between a hockey puck and a cow pie, I would bet they all could tell you if the Bison won on Saturday.

I have family and friends who live in the Dickinson area and while most, if not all of them couldn't tell you the difference between a hockey puck and a cow pie, I would bet they all could tell you if the Bison won on Saturday.

Exactly....UND football was carried on one of the radio stations in Dickinson to start the season but then it changed to your home of Bison football....midseason. We are light years behind NDSU in the athletic department.

Exactly....UND football was carried on one of the radio stations in Dickinson to start the season but then it changed to your home of Bison football....midseason. We are light years behind NDSU in the athletic department.

Football =/= Athletic Department despite what the FU faithful will tell you.

• Upvote 1