SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

First ever home NCHC match up as St Cloud heads to Grand Forks for the weekend...

Is drake out this week if anyone knows?? The 3rd and 4th lines will be interesting to see play out along with the D situation. Does Thompson get a shot this weekend?

First ever home NCHC match up versus the Huskies....

Is drake out this week if anyone knows?? The 3rd and 4th lines will be interesting to see play out along with the D situation. Does Thompson get a shot this weekend?

I would guess on Friday the defensive pairings would be, Schmaltz - Simpson, LaDue - Mattson, and Stecher - Ausmus. Maybe they would dress 7 defense, but I doubt it. Will be interested to see if Sanderson gets another shot, as he played well. Nice having decisions to make, unlike two years ago when they couldn't fill a lineup.

I'm tired of seeing Faragher make dumb sprawling behind his back saves on empty nets. The guy is a good goalie, but they need to get past the mental block of getting the puck past this guy.

No.....Jensen, LeBlanc, Hanowski.....Seemed like those guys were there forever.

I'll say a split. Whoever loses on Friday wins Saturday. Seems like its always the way it is in this rivalry.

Anyone with any knowledge on Drake and his status for this weekend?

After seeing his incident happen right in front of us, my gut says he sits this weekend as a precautionary measure.

We should know more tomorrow.

Everyone will forever remember the Friday night game last year when UND got embarrassed by SCSU. I guess on the other hand you could say that SCSU played a perfect road game, and just stole the thunder from the building early in the first period. For the game, UND only had 16 SOG. Only 8 through two periods.

Don't think this group needs to be reminded about that one last year.

Anyone with any knowledge on Drake and his status for this weekend?

After seeing his incident happen right in front of us, my gut says he sits this weekend as a precautionary measure.

I was in the box kiddy-corner from the injury so I honestly didn't see what happened only read about it. I agree that it would be best if he sat the weekend unless he simply got a stinger and is ok.

Heard it is a concussion. If so, anyone's guess. Would explain the concern over no movement on the ice. He may have knocked himself out cold. Who knows. Great to hear that he was up and out the same night. As for what tomorrow brings, we shall see.

if he does have a concussion, that is not good as it seems hockey concussions last longer than a concussion in any other sport. and I am having flashbacks back to Chay's in the bombardment of questions each week from fans. poor brad and jayson.

In a league like the NCHC, splitting at home is unacceptable (Copyright 2013 Goon, ALL Rights Reserved). Did we get a stick salute before Christmas last year? I am thinking we didn't, but someone can correct me if I am wrong about that. If that happens this year, we'll be fighting for home ice in this league. We have to win our home games and split on the road or we'll be looking up at a lot of teams.

• Upvote 1

In a league like the NCHC, splitting at home is unacceptable (Copyright 2013 Goon, ALL Rights Reserved). Did we get a stick salute before Christmas last year? I am thinking we didn't, but someone can correct me if I am wrong about that. If that happens this year, we'll be fighting for home ice in this league. We have to win our home games and split on the road or we'll be looking up at a lot of teams.

we did not. if memory serves the only sweep came against Holy Cross.

• Upvote 1

@UNDMHockey: Coach Hakstol: Drake Caggiula is practicing and has made great strides, but his status for Friday hasn't yet been determined.

Regardless of if he plays this weekend or not, that is excellent news.

Never would have thought that when he was laying on the ice.

Regardless of if he plays this weekend or not, that is excellent news.

Never would have thought that when he was laying on the ice.

@SchlossmanGF: Drake Caggiula is practicing on a limited basis. Questionable for the weekend.

I like the high standards for the group. But I think the league is just too good to expect sweeps every weekend at home. I mean you'd think the Brad Schlossman rule will happen at least once or twice this year. Lot of good goaltenders in the NCHC.

I'm going to say four plus points every weekend at home is a must. With of course, splits on the road.