SiouxSports.com Forum

What's bothering you today?

Goon

My Pokes get stomped at home by the sheep.

Then, already knowing that the football team and hockey team lost yesterday, I find out that the women's hockey team and volleyball team got beat.

I'm tellin' ya, that was a bad, bad Saturday on the scoreboard. (At least I had fun in Laramie..but time to get rid of the Boot sig photo..)

A gadmall+, yellow legs, tail = mallard, wings = gadwall, can't see the beak well, but it looks black, which is neither mallard nor gadwall. This duck probably is not sure if it's a drake or hen, as it heads has characteristics of both. Did you pop the cloaca and check? Some hen has been stepping out more than a little. Dux are swingers by nature, the parents here have gone above and beyond, wonder what this bird sounded like, must have been a weird quack.

The undsports headlines from yesterday, losses across the board :sad:

No only that, but I believe Goon just made a species of duck extinct!

Way to go Goon! :lol:

Get after it; must have been a few more of those in the clutch, and they most certainly won't reproduce.

I think this snow is going to be good for the duck hunting. It might be raining ducks and geese this next week.

I think this snow is going to be good for the duck hunting. It might be raining ducks and geese this next week.

You'd think, but I looked at forecast in Canada (Prince Albert, Saskatoon, northern Manitoba) and their weather forecasts are much like ours, colder, not much snow and water should remain open for the most part. Not real conducive to forcing a migration. Has to happen sooner or later.

I'm just an old-timer still bitter that when I hear the words "Baltimore" and "football" used in the same sentence, my first word that pops into my head is "Colts". This also applies to the words "Los Angeles" and "St Louis," which would be followed in my head by "Rams" and "Cardinals," respectively. And don't get me started on the Houston Texans. It's Oilers. And always will be.

I know, and i feel a little like that as well.

You'd think, but I looked at forecast in Canada (Prince Albert, Saskatoon, northern Manitoba) and their weather forecasts are much like ours, colder, not much snow and water should remain open for the most part. Not real conducive to forcing a migration. Has to happen sooner or later.

Well, maybe not then.

I'll never forget the article in the Pioneer Press where Hunter really just pushed me away from ever really liking him. Lets see if I can find it....

http://www.twincitie...vere/ci_6521212

PS: How is North Dakota treating you? Cold and windy up in my area.

I must disagree with you on Hunter. He was calling out the ownership and front office for being penny-wise and pound-foolish, which they are still doing. After this year's debacle, the Star Tribune did a series on what needs to be fixed with the Twins. Terry Ryan and company acknowledged that the team needs to change some things to win again, but still talked like they weren't going to change anything to get there. New stadium, more revenues, same tired old Twins. Some things (unfortunately) never change.

• Upvote 2

Devin Gardner was selected by Michigan to wear #98 as an 'honor' to Tom Harmon, Heisman Trophy winner in 1940. The honored number is a pretty cool tradition at Michigan.

doesn't matter I'm a member of the number wearing police and I think it looks dumb. in fact anything to do with the university of michigan is dumb.

• Upvote 1