SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Vermont

AZSIOUX

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vermont has a few UND connections

Pattyns brother plays for them, Yvan Pattyn (sophmore D)

Jimmer (Dan Senkbeil) transferred there this fall but has to sit out a year due to transfer.

Nick Bruneteau is a senior (D). His brother Brett played for UND 2 seasons then Vermont 2011-2013.

They also have a player from Hibbing

Is that the Matt White who was originally committed to UND? I know there were two Matt Whites out there for a while in the recruiting world.

http://uvmathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

Wonder who got the more skilled Pattyn.....UND or Vermont?

Pattyn has always been border line drop the gloves with someone. Maybe his brother is border line as well and they decide they may as well fight each other.

When was the last time we had a good old fashioned fight? Anybody? Gosh, was it Rylan Kaip?

Pattyn has always been border line drop the gloves with someone. Maybe his brother is border line as well and they decide they may as well fight each other.

When was the last time we had a good old fashioned fight? Anybody? Gosh, was it Rylan Kaip?

Mario and he got his butt kicked...

They were saying that Stephane's brother had a hat trick in one of their exhibition games last weekend, so maybe he has a more adept scoring touch. We know that Stephane's role is very important in our scheme of things though.

They were saying that Stephane's brother had a hat trick in one of their exhibition games last weekend, so maybe he has a more adept scoring touch. We know that Stephane's role is very important in our scheme of things though.

Yeah I believe they have played 2 exh games so far. I hope we see Zane Friday. Sounds like the first two lines could be close to set per Hak after Sundays post game. Anyone have guesses for 3 and 4th and 6 d? I find it hard taking any of the fresh out but I'm guessing 1 will be scratched as he rarely goes with 7 D. Do Mitch and Rodwell get a crack over a couple guys? Suprised they didn't play Sunday being a exh.

Parks Macmillin Johnson

Grimaldi Caggulia Tambellini

Yeah I believe they have played 2 exh games so far. I hope we see Zane Friday. Sounds like the first two lines could be close to set per Hak after Sundays post game. Anyone have guesses for 3 and 4th and 6 d? I find it hard taking any of the fresh out but I'm guessing 1 will be scratched as he rarely goes with 7 D. Do Mitch and Rodwell get a crack over a couple guys? Suprised they didn't play Sunday being a exh.

Parks Macmillin Johnson

Grimaldi Caggulia Tambellini

Chyzyk, Murphy centered by Gaarder or St. Clair

Rodwell, St. Clair or Gaarder centered by Pattyn

On D, I think Thompson sits Friday

Zane between the pipes Friday

I struggle to see where OD or Mitch fit as neither are 4th line guys yet neither should play in front of Chyzyk, Murphy or Gaarder on the 3rd line IMO

Chyzyk, Murphy centered by Gaarder or St. Clair

Rodwell, St. Clair or Gaarder centered by Pattyn

On D, I think Thompson sits Friday

Zane between the pipes Friday

I struggle to see where OD or Mitch fit as neither are 4th line guys yet neither should play in front of Chyzyk, Murphy or Gaarder on the 3rd line IMO

Chyzyk better stay in the lineup. He's so much better than Mitch and Odonnel it's not even funny. He's probably a lot more hungry too after last year.

Rodwell Gaarder and Pattyn would be a gritty line. Tough as hell to play against too.

Mario and he got his butt kicked...

Thats right. Didn't he fight Tony Turgeon? Or was it Tony Turgeon's aunt?

Nevertheless. Here is the weekend lineup folks:

Rocco-Drake-Tambellini

Parks-Mark-Johnson

Chyzyk-Gaarder-Murphy/Mitch

Rodwell-Pattyn-St. Clair

Apologies to OD. Just probably won't ever be the guy that had a lot of junior success.

Don't know who should play with who on defense. And the goalies will split the games.

Well the Sioux better take advantage of this situation. No better time than now to sweep an opponent...don't believe we had a home sweep last year iirc...

Definitely need to take advantage of the situation, but at the same time, these will only be the 2nd and 3rd games of the season for UND

Last season, UND swept Holy Cross at home, and Michigan Tech and Nebraska Omaha on the road.

Definitely need to take advantage of the situation, but at the same time, these will only be the 2nd and 3rd games of the season for UND

Last season, UND swept Holy Cross at home, and Michigan Tech and Nebraska Omaha on the road.

Thanks.