SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

carr on twitter is mad

Aeron Carr@Dreamerrr9 2h

It's one thing to keep the info from the fans, but the players? Come on.. Last time I checked we are the ones who it affects the most.

Well he'll find out in a couple days. And starting in the spring he gets a chance to show his stuff on the field and be the man. Lots of opportunity for him now. These young guys will all get their chance.

Your sources also told there would be a hire last Wednesday and then Friday and also there was five finalists not two. I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Also, what if Bubba's defenses perform like they have at SIU, poorly and worse than DeBoer's offenses?

I'll support whoever the choice is and am excited for them to return it back to where it belongs.

SIU was a good team this year, Lennon just couldn't seem to win most of the close games. He seemed to winall the close games at UND.

I think both coaches are good and think both will be successful with proper support. I personally feel Deboer has the greater upside but you don't really know until it all plays out.

We have mandatory postings and HR point systems. Meanwhile in Austin, UT has retained Korn Ferry International for their search. Good God.

My guess is their search will come down to more than the OC and DC at SMU or Houston.

• Upvote 1

carr on twitter is mad

Aeron Carr@Dreamerrr9 2h

It's one thing to keep the info from the fans, but the players? Come on.. Last time I checked we are the ones who it affects the most.

Yeah, like if you told all the players they would keep it quiet. Some names are out now, but what if candidates didn't want their name out there to protect their current jobs? You tell the players, the fans would know within hours after that.

Yeah, like if you told all the players they would keep it quiet. Some names are out now, but what if candidates didn't want their name out there to protect their current jobs? You tell the players, the fans would know within hours after that.

Like it or not, the players have got the raw end of this deal. The length of this hiring process is particularly the reason. As we can see, without a leader and father-figure heading the program, some players get a bit restless and move on. Losing guys like Golladay, Jackson, and Brown are all major blows that shouldn't be taken likely. Whether you like it or not, this hiring process has been a failure. Perhaps not in terms of the guy hired, depending on whether Bubba/DeBoer pans out, but the length has been ridiculous. It's not coincidental that programs around the country make hires as quickly as possible; they realize a mass exodus of players, like we have seen here, is possible otherwise. Knowing the 15-day posting period was a requirement, Faison should have narrowed down the list to only 2 or 3 after Dec. 10 and had someone hired by Dec.12 or 13.

• Upvote 2