SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

I did not say the players were not good or need to be gone! I said it is a natural progression when leadership changes.

New mayor, new council members

New pastor, new members in church council

New superintendent/principle, new teachers

It is just the progression.

I am more concerned about being 100% behind the new coach (es) and players but still respecting those who are left.

And yes, I do think 1 people should have, could have been more supportive of players. With social media there is no excuse for contacts. My car dealership seems to contact me via email weekly. My vet called 3 times the first week after my cat had a UTI.

Is the FB office a Motel 6 where someone should leave the light on?

Ok, I have been trying to be as patient as possible in the hiring process, but this is starting to get ridiculious. I am assuming that they new Muss was getting let go and had a short list of potiential candidates, then came the "public job posting" period. There isn't any reason the announcement should have taken this long and will only put the new staff at a even greater disadvantage in the recruiting process. With so much uncertainty and so little time to recruit, this is setting the program back further than it needs to be.

Ok, I have been trying to be as patient as possible in the hiring process, but this is starting to get ridiculious. I am assuming that they new Muss was getting let go and had a short list of potiential candidates, then came the "public job posting" period. There isn't any reason the announcement should have taken this long and will only put the new staff at a even greater disadvantage in the recruiting process. With so much uncertainty and so little time to recruit, this is setting the program back further than it needs to be.

this^

And if it is between the two guys on the same team.............what would you think as a player? hmm?

• Upvote 1

this^

And if it is between the two guys on the same team.............what would you think as a player? hmm?

I would think that possibly the only coach to have ever won a Nat'l Championship here and is also an alumni here (wants UND to be as successful as all of us do) possibly recommended either of his cordinators if contacted by Faison???

I would think that possibly the only coach to have ever won a Nat'l Championship here and is also an alumni here (wants UND to be as successful as all of us do) possibly recommended either of his cordinators if contacted by Faison???

I understand that........the fact there has yet to be an actual coach named is the part I was referring to.

Didn't a poster here predict a Dec 20 or 21 announcement and we all assumed that it was related to an FBS level bowl game? Just surfing through the channels tonight and seeing UWW it made me wonder.

Yeah, I'm dreaming, but ...

- Faison saw the Fargo Freak-out when "Bohl to UWyo" was announced and wouldn't want to do that to UWW.

- Two, TWO, finalists? I don't recall any other place coming down to two finalists for a position.

- Leipold has the credentials and last I can find he was making $100k base at UWW.

Full Disclaimer: I'm dreaming out loud here. It's not going to happen.

• Upvote 1

Didn't a poster here predict a Dec 20 or 21 announcement and we all assumed that it was related to an FBS level bowl game? Just surfing through the channels tonight and seeing UWW it made me wonder.

Yeah, I'm dreaming, but ...

- Faison saw the Fargo Freak-out when "Bohl to UWyo" was announced and wouldn't want to do that to UWW.

- Two, TWO, finalists? I don't recall any other place coming down to two finalists for a position.

- Leipold has the credentials and last I can find he was making $100k base at UWW.

Full Disclaimer: I'm dreaming out loud here. It's not going to happen.

i remember that cryptic post too (who was the poster again)...if i was bubba and kalen i went thru all this just for show when ll was the guy the whole time i would be pissed....and yes the herald reported we were down to two but no where in there does it quote faison backing that up does it??? i hope a press conference is announced tomorrow for monday afternoon and either its bubba, kalen or leipold.

The Lance Leipold not one person here voted for on the first "Preference for New Head Coach Poll"...the Lance Leipold someone said this...

Lance Leipold is in a state that only has 1 college that offers scholarships. Caruso not only has to compete with all of the MIAC schools, he has to compete with 8 regional D-II schools, 3 of which are ranked in the top 12 nationally.

After I said this...

Why not hire d3 coach Lance Leipold? He has a higher winning percentage (95%) than Caruso and has won 4 National Championships. Now that guy is a proven winner!

Yet the votes here are 15-0?!? Haha (lots of groupthink)

Good old boy network is strong here - Can't think outside the lines to save our ass.

This phrase made me think...this program's ass absolutely does need saving right now.

I encourage everyone to view the finalists through that prism. Which one do you believe has ALL the required skills to be a program saver?

Game just ended: UWW 52, Mount Union 14

UWW just won their fourth DIII title in five seasons with four new assistants and 49 freshman.

Is it wrong to hope that Lance Leipold applies yet tonight?

5 Championships in 7 years under Leipold. He will reach 100 wins years before 10 losses.

Wisconsin-Whitewater obliterates Mount Union to win Division III title

Whitewater, also the champions in 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011, have won four straight and five of its last six meetings with Mount Union in the Stagg Bowl. The Purple Raiders have won 11 titles, beating Whitewater in 2005, 2006 and 2008,

The teams have met eight times in the last nine years in the division's championship game.

disclaimer: we will still support the team, whomever is chosen to become the next coach

Bubba has brought back a program

Deboer inhirtied a powerhouse

Not to let facts get in the way of your campaign, but brought them back from where? Duluth's record the three years prior to Bubba coaching were 8-3, 11-0 and 9-3. Again, not in the NCC, but they were hardly down so I'm not sure how he brought them back.

This phrase made me think...this program's ass absolutely does need saving right now.

I encourage everyone to view the finalists through that prism. Which one do you believe has ALL the required skills to be a program saver?

I go back and forth on this on almost a daily basis, I have come to the conclusion that Bubba is the better recruiter and Deboer IMO is the better coach. I will take the better recruiter in this case and hope he can bring in a strong supporting staff. This is just my gut talking....