SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Any guesses as to when the new coach will be announced? I am guessing one week from today--lucky Friday the 13th.

I'll one-up you and say the 12th at a 2 pm press conference.

That way the person can attend the Friday boosters luncheon on the 13th before the NMU/UND series.

• Upvote 2

I'll one-up you and say the 12th at a 2 pm press conference.

That way the person can attend the Friday boosters luncheon on the 13th before the NMU/UND series.

That would be a great idea.Can they get the contract together that quickly ya think?

That would be a great idea.Can they get the contract together that quickly ya think?

Weren't you the guy saying Faison, as part of the national search, should be having hypothetical conversations with hypothetical candidates? That could hypothetically add velocity to the hypothetical contract closing process. Hypothetically. ;)

PS - If UND were to need an AD in the future, I'm available. :D

Weren't you the guy saying Faison, as part of the national search, should be having hypothetical conversations with hypothetical candidates? That could hypothetically add velocity to the hypothetical contract closing process. Hypothetically. ;)

PS - If UND were to need an AD in the future, I'm available. :D

I hear you, and if those talks are happening, and I believe firmly they are, some of these late attempts at applying may be academic.

AmIright??!

spoke to some people in the know tonite and it sounds like muss wanted to hired from outside for the oc and dc but faison wasn't willing to open the checkbook and thus luke and kotelnicki were appointed to their position by default?? also the players choices for new coach (not that it matters) are the guy from montana state, pflugrad, and the guy with the ties to the blue bombers??? for some reason brooks b is not high on the players list?

spoke to some people in the know tonite and it sounds like muss wanted to hired from outside for the oc and dc but faison wasn't willing to open the checkbook and thus luke and kotelnicki were appointed to their position by default?? also the players choices for new coach (not that it matters) are the guy from montana state, pflugrad, and the guy with the ties to the blue bombers??? for some reason brooks b is not high on the players list?

Maybe they were only speaking of the coaches that have applied so far. I'm all for hiring Pflugrad but not as high on the other two. I still think Tibesar is my first option. We need a defense first team. We need to have a balanced offense and not adopt the Big Sky's high flying offense play. That's why I wouldn't want Pflugrad but he's proved he can win in the Big Sky

Maybe they were only speaking of the coaches that have applied so far. I'm all for hiring Pflugrad but not as high on the other two. I still think Tibesar is my first option. We need a defense first team. We need to have a balanced offense and not adopt the Big Sky's high flying offense play. That's why I wouldn't want Pflugrad but he's proved he can win in the Big Sky

Pflugrad will do what's needed to win the Big Sky. That always needs to be goal #1.

Support for Pflugrad !

• Upvote 1

Faison needs to move quickly on this. New coach will need to put together staff and sit down with present team to keep them here and get recruiting going immediately. Anyone have update on candidates?

Ira you're supposed to know everything! We are supposed to be asking you questions!

Faison needs to move quickly on this. New coach will need to put together staff and sit down with present team to keep them here and get recruiting going immediately. Anyone have update on candidates?

Agree. Sic wants presser Thursday and I'm with him. Faison has to know by now and if he doesn't with the Bohl shakeup he better by day's end.

"Pflu, Pflu, Pflu...".

• Upvote 1

My apologies if this has been previously linked in this thread, but here is an Oregonian column from one year ago speculating as to whether Pflugrad was even employable anymore: http://www.oregonliv...ssistant_r.html

Pflugrad went to North Eugene, played at Portland State, and later coached receivers at Oregon. He is a career coach and good at it. But at 54 he isn't employed and maybe not employable.

Obviously he did find a job shortly after this was written, albeit one that would have been considered well below him a year or so before. If he were to get the UND job, that would be quite a reversal of fortune in a short period of time.