SiouxSports.com Forum

Viewing options for Sioux hockey games this season

fightingsiouxfan86

Question for the tech savvy folks - I bought the NCHC.tv subscription and need to know if I can watch the games on my smart tv by using a wireless keyboard, or do I need a Chromecast, or other plug-in doohickey???

You need to connect a device that will stream the games (ie computer, smartphone, tablet) to your tv. If you have a computer with hdmi out, you can connect to your hdtv via hdmi. Smartphones would take a wireless device such as chromecast. Whatever you choose, you'll be streaming the games in a browser, there is not a smarttv app for nchc.tv

I don't understand what you think a wireless keyboard might be used for

You need to connect a device that will stream the games (ie computer, smartphone, tablet) to your tv. If you have a computer with hdmi out, you can connect to your hdtv via hdmi. Smartphones would take a wireless device such as chromecast. Whatever you choose, you'll be streaming the games in a browser, there is not a smarttv app for nchc.tv

I don't understand what you think a wireless keyboard might be used for

You can do Chromecast from PC's and tablets as well.

I just turned on the first NCHCTV webcast...Wisconsin vs Duluth. I have a five month old laptop and a Samsung galaxy s4 phone. Grainy picture and no volume on both devices. I was expecting a bit more...

I just turned on the first NCHCTV webcast...Wisconsin vs Duluth. I have a five month old laptop and a Samsung galaxy s4 phone. Grainy picture and no volume on both devices. I was expecting a bit more...

Audio issues were on Duluth's side of things and were temporarily. I didn't watch so I'm not sure about grainy issues. SiouxTupa is the expert, so maybe he knows :)

• Upvote 1

I tried watching the Duluth women's game yesterday. Two observations

1. The game wasn't streaming until half way through the first period

2. No rewind feature (no coming home late and watching from the beginning)

So far I'm really disappointed and this is a huge downgrade from last year....

Anyone else?

Edit: I was watching from my iPad last night. On the computer there seems to be more controls, but trying to watch the WMU game right now and it says it hasn't started yet.

I'm trying to watch the Western Michigan game right now, which is supposed to be live.  I get the little "loading swirl" (as I call it) on a black screen.

I'm on a wired connection desktop PC with 100 mb/s down through Midco and have tried both Chrome and IE browsers.  Still nothing.

Thoughts?

EDIT:  Nevermind...WMU is having issues.  Good start to the season I see.   ???

I'm trying to watch the Western Michigan game right now, which is supposed to be live.  I get the little "loading swirl" (as I call it) on a black screen.

I'm on a wired connection desktop PC with 100 mb/s down through Midco and have tried both Chrome and IE browsers.  Still nothing.

Thoughts?

I am getting this as well. I also can't play it on my iOS device which I thought we were going to be able to do. I thought they were using HTML5 so our iOS devices would work.

Just remember, it is all on your end. My subscription, which was supposed to be "All-access", based on my UND Insider premium subscription is "UND Only" on the NCHC TV site. I should have checked on that earlier, but that is what I get for having a little trust. I do not expect a great deal from Neulion, as far as speed to correct any issues based on past experience. You can say what you want about other systems that they supposedly run (NHL, etc.), but it all comes down to how badly they want to do this and support it. Sad to hear about more problems, but as I said I do not even have access to other games yet to provide input.

• Upvote 1

I am getting this as well. I also can't play it on my iOS device which I thought we were going to be able to do. I thought they were using HTML5 so our iOS devices would work.

"We are currently experiencing issues with our live streaming. We are working on it and apologize to the http://NCHC.TV  subscribers"

-@WMUHockey