SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

That's ugly.

No way too sugar coat those stats at this point...but it's early...and we are young...and we are nicked up...and we have played a brutal schedule to date...and wait til after Christmas.

("We" was used at Mafia's request. :))

Here's a better one from the resident genius.

Scott Hamilton@hammyhockey15 Nov

UAH is an embarrassment to college hockey. A terrible team.

I bet the fans in Huntsville that had to fight to save their program would love his comments.

That to me is an arrogant statement from Scott Hamilton, but I'm not surprised Gopher fans believe they are entitled and Gods gift to hockey, and every national title should just be given to them before the season starts.

• Upvote 2

Here's a better one from the resident genius.

Scott Hamilton@hammyhockey15 Nov

UAH is an embarrassment to college hockey. A terrible team.

I bet the fans in Huntsville that had to fight to save their program would love his comments.

Not surprised to see that from him. He's able to downplay any recruit, play or team that isn't the Gophers and able to find a way to make the Gophers look perfect in every way all the time. The old "we didn't want him anyway" line is a pretty common theme for him. I would venture to guess that he found a way to say that about Parise, Backes, Toews, LeBlanc, etc.

Not surprised to see that from him. He's able to downplay any recruit, play or team that isn't the Gophers and able to find a way to make the Gophers look perfect in every way all the time. The old "we didn't want him anyway" line is a pretty common theme for him. I would venture to guess that he found a way to say that about Parise, Backes, Toews, LeBlanc, etc.

Ciskie ate his lunch today on Twitter.

Question for someone that knows.

What does Herb Brooks have to do with SCSU? There is so much talk lately about him and SCSU but I thought he was with the goofs as a player and coach.

I googled his bio and it says nothing about them except the arena being named after him. Thanks...

You are showing your lack of age.

At 45? Ok. I was wondering how long it took for someone to go all dyckhead on my question.

Google is your friend: In the 1986–87 season, Herb Brooks, the 1980 USA men's Olympic hockey coach, became the coach of the Huskies and helped men's hockey attain Division I status. That season he led the Huskies to a 25-10-1 record and a third-place trophy at the NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey Championship.[28] He also guided efforts to build the two-rink arena, Herb Brooks National Hockey Center, that now bears his name.[29]

At 45? Ok. I was wondering how long it took for someone to go all dyckhead on my question.

That wasn't a shot at you, just a comment that you must be too young to remember or have known. Brooks coached at SCSU 26 years ago, and the effort to move SCSU to Division 1 began before that. You were in your teens and obviously had more important things on your mind at the time. Some of us more mature types (meaning older than 45 and still capable of remembering Brooks was at SCSU) remember all of the fuss from UM folks when Brooks went to SCSU. It was almost like a slap in the face to the UM hockey faithful that Brooks went to lowly SCSU to coach.

That wasn't a shot at you, just a comment that you must be too young to remember or have known. Brooks coached at SCSU 26 years ago, and the effort to move SCSU to Division 1 began before that. You were in your teens and obviously had more important things on your mind at the time. Some of us more mature types (meaning older than 45 and still capable of remembering Brooks was at SCSU) remember all of the fuss from UM folks when Brooks went to SCSU. It was almost like a slap in the face to the UM hockey faithful that Brooks went to lowly SCSU to coach.

Oh sorry, not used to being called young at 45, but I understand what you meant now. I suppose that should make me happy...lol

I'm don't believe Siouxman meant that in the way you took it. Trust me, at 45, you're a 'whippersnapper' just like me in his eyes. The guy's been watching hockey since the United States was referred to as 'the colonies.' :lol:

• Upvote 1

I'm don't believe Siouxman meant that in the way you took it. Trust me, at 45, you're a 'whippersnapper' just like me in his eyes. The guy's been watching hockey since the United States was referred to as 'the colonies.' :lol:

Kaboom....Now that was a shot. Thanks a lot MafiaMan. I will let you buy this colonialist a drink next spring at Hoggsbreath.