SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

If Detroit and Chicago screw up Aaron Rodgers being hurt. I mean come on.....a GB starting QB finally gets hurt and they are forced into crappy QB play for a few weeks and loses (and ties) to teams they normally beat.

It's not like the Bears are exactly healthy...

I am totally with you regarding Detroit, though.

It's not like the Bears are exactly healthy...

I am totally with you regarding Detroit, though.

Detroit is 2-0 against the Bears...and still finding a way to blow this division. Had they held onto the Pittsburgh game and beaten Tampa at home, Lions brass would be lining up vendors to bid on the contract for the division champions banner for Ford Field!

Calvin Johnson is awesome but that "interception" killed them yesterday. He makes that catch and Detroit has 2 chances to win the game with a TD before having to settle for a field goal to tie it.

Groan...

The whole North is pretty much crap right now, Detroit and Chicago are crapping the bed instead of capitalizing with Rodgers out, and even GB's problems are much deeper than Rodgers...I mean really they gave up 450 yards to the Vikings at home...eesh.

The whole North is pretty much crap right now, Detroit and Chicago are crapping the bed instead of capitalizing with Rodgers out, and even GB's problems are much deeper than Rodgers...I mean really they gave up 450 yards to the Vikings at home...eesh.

No argument here...their D is marginal at best. Can't stop the run or create TOs and under McCarthy they have to be in the bottom 3rd of the league in getting off the field on 3rd down. Rodgers does give them more room for error though as he does the rest of the offense.

But remember GB put up similar yardage #s yesterday...with Flynn. ARog plays yesterday and that is a 17+ point GB win as Ponder would have had to throw it more. Just difficult to watch this season unfold as the schedule was set up for GB to make a big run starting with that Bear's game.

No argument here...their D is marginal at best. Can't stop the run or create TOs and under McCarthy they have to be in the bottom 3rd of the league in getting off the field on 3rd down. Rodgers does give them more room for error though as he does the rest of the offense.

But remember GB put up similar yardage #s yesterday...with Flynn. ARog plays yesterday and that is a 17+ point GB win as Ponder would have had to throw it more. Just difficult to watch this season unfold as the schedule was set up for GB to make a big run starting with that Bear's game.

I like Flynn, as soon as Rodgers went down my first thought was getting Flynn back because for whatever reason he plays well for GB...sucks everywhere else but for GB he looks great.

What a comedy of errors that football game. Even at the end. Why didn't the Vikings run the clock down to like 2 seconds and then try the kick?

First time in my life I've hoped that a kicker beat the Vikings with a kick. They win, but at what cost.

At least Jacksonville won.

And Tampa won three games after starting the season 0-8 before losing today. The Vikings should get a top 5 draft choice or top 10 at the very worst. With all the QB prospects that will be available in the 2014 draft, they should get a crack at settling the one position that hasn't been settled since Tarkenton retired.

With all the QB prospects that will be available in the 2014 draft, they should get a crack at settling the one position that hasn't been settled since Tarkenton retired.

That Tommy Kramer guy threw for almost 25,000 yards and 159 touchdowns with the Vikings. Granted, he also tossed 157 interceptions, but still...I don't know if I would say 'hasn't been settled since Tarkenton retired.'