SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

Josh Freeman announced as this week's starter. Why?

Now he has a concussion as reported by ESPN? :huh: But Freeman will be the starter if able to play per Frazier. :huh: If not Ponder will start...even though it was reported that Cassell took 1st team reps today. :huh:

You can't even make this stuff up!

If...and this is a huge if...if the Packers were to lose to the Vikings this could be their worse loss that I can possibly remember. Now with that said...Pack 34-17.

Now he has a concussion as reported by ESPN? :huh: But Freeman will be the starter if able to play per Frazier. :huh: If not Ponder will start...even though it was reported that Cassell took 1st team reps today. :huh:

You can't even make this stuff up!

If...and this is a huge if...if the Packers were to lose to the Vikings this could be their worse loss that I can possibly remember. Now with that said...Pack 34-17.

The Packers will ROLL the Vikings this weekend. Unfortunately, your score prediction might be a little bit conservative.

At least everyone will get one last chance to boo Ponder off the field on Sunday night in front of a national TV audience of the state of Wisconsin.

If a team is willing to trade a first round pick for AP (got to be a crappy team, definitely will have a 15 or below pick) I'd be all ears.

Josh Freeman announced as this week's starter. Why?

Can't admit Freeman was a mistake this early can they?

Love how the announcers kept talking about how he wasn't ready and didn't fully know the play book as if that was the reason most of his throws were so bad! Ha

Although the starter is changing every hour, it looks like Ponder will start. Freeman has concussion like symptoms....how convenient.

Can't admit Freeman was a mistake this early can they?

Love how the announcers kept talking about how he wasn't ready and didn't fully know the play book as if that was the reason most of his throws were so bad! Ha

I watched ESPN all day while at home and while the decision to play Freeman after 12 days with the team, nobody followed up with a similar chastising of the Browns for their decision to start Jason Campbell this weekend. Granted, Campbell's been with the Browns longer, but still...

After the fiasco last Monday, the NFL and NBC want/need something that resembles a competitive game. The PI on Jennings was a joke late in half.

I've gotten about 70 texts from fuming packer fan friends saying the same thing. Relax guys, you'll win the game. :lol:

I've gotten about 70 texts from fuming packer fan friends saying the same thing. Relax guys, you'll win the game. :lol:

We are Packed fans... never happy or content. Oh wait...that's us UND hockey fans too! ;)

• Upvote 1

Monday:

Fire Frazier

Bench Ponder for season

Trade Allen for picks

Start Cassel/Freeman rest of the way

Gopher football is more relevant than the Vikes right now (and way more fun to watch)

I'm in favor of just releasing Ponder. Be done with him. That way there isn't any possibility of him starting again.

I'm in favor of just releasing Ponder. Be done with him. That way there isn't any possibility of him starting again.

He obviously is not the answer at QB but to release him, the 12th overall pick 2+ short years ago, would be a huge admission of failure/mistake by the Vikings. No way they do that IMO. And when was the last time GB outrushed AP in a game?? If GB can consistantly get 100-150 yards/game on the ground, they are going to be extremely hard to beat.

The biggest question I have regarding last night's game is how much money State Farm paid Bob Costas in exchange for peppering Aaron Rodgers woth questions about discount double-check commercials.

Least Bob didn't get on his soap box again about the Redskin's name! :glare:

He obviously is not the answer at QB but to release him, the 12th overall pick 2+ short years ago, would be a huge admission of failure/mistake by the Vikings. No way they do that IMO. And when was the last time GB outrushed AP in a game?? If GB can consistantly get 100-150 yards/game on the ground, they are going to be extremely hard to beat.

They already admitted failure by bringing in Josh Freeman.

• Upvote 1

Least Bob didn't get on his soap box again about the Redskin's name! :glare:

Right! I half-thought the interview would start off with Bob asking Rodgers his thoughts on how the Republican-organized shutdown of the government has adversely affected the Obamacare roll-out.

To their credit, the State Farm ads are pretty witty.