SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

Manziel has BUST written all over him. Especially so now that he's in Cleveland. Hopefully Gruden can come up with something else to talk about now that he's been drafted.

Manziel will get along nicely with legendary Browns QBs Tim Couch, Brandon Weeden, and Brady Quinn...

Manziel will get along nicely with legendary Browns QBs Tim Couch, Brandon Weeden, and Brady Quinn...

Sounds like 3:1 odds...where can I place my bet??

The Vikings would have jumped on Bortles if he would have been there, but passed on Johnny.

Johnny will be the "white" version of Russell Wilson or the "slow" version of RG3.

Ha Ha>>>>Teddy

All together now..."Pick 6"!

So the Vikings basically reach for a LB at #9 from most scouts and draft experts evaluations and pass on Johnny then trade UP for Teddy. Got it!!!

Again...it's the Vikings.

I'm no Vikings fan, Oxbow6, but there was plenty of chatter that Bridgewater or Manziel would potentially be the #1 pick...to get him with a later pick isn't all that bad for the Vikings. The Packers didn't exactly pick Aaron Rodgers #1 overall, did they? And I still recall the hoots and howls from Packer Nation about how badly Ted Thompson treated Brett Favre. Flash forward a year or two and every Packer fan I know had done a complete 180 - 'Yea, that Brett Favre was a prima donna...I'm glad Ted told him to take a hike." Even the guy running the web site www.firetedthompson.com had to eat crow and posted an apology of his own.

Love the move by the Vikes to move up and get the best QB in this draft. Bridgewater is really the only QB I wanted in the first 2 rounds and was the best QB all college season but people get too hung up on a bad workout in shorts and a t-shirt. Hope they can add another LB and some secondary help with the 2 3rd rounders tonight.

The Vikings would have jumped on Bortles if he would have been there, but passed on Johnny.

Johnny will be the "white" version of Russell Wilson or the "slow" version of RG3.

You think he's gonna be a stud, eh? I have heard all week long about how he's grown up and matured...then he walks out on stage as the #22 pick doing his "money" move. Class act...all the way.

• Upvote 1

Manziel has BUST written all over him. Especially so now that he's in Cleveland. Hopefully Gruden can come up with something else to talk about now that he's been drafted.

CLE have a decent defense, one of the best young WRs and TEs in the league and picked up Ben Tate. If Johnny has bust written all over him, what label do you tag Bortles and Bridgewater with? Just curious...

It was pretty well established by most NFL "experts" that the Vikings would take defense first or trade down even if all the QBs were available.

You think he's gonna be a stud, eh? I have heard all week long about how he's grown up and matured...then he walks out on stage as the #22 pick doing his "money" move. Class act...all the way.

Stud...not a sure thing. Better than Ponder, Bridgewater or Bortles...definitely.

Stud...not a sure thing. Better than Ponder, Bridgewater or Bortles...definitely.

Even though Bridgewater was the better pure QB throughout college and was consistently thought to be the #1 QB by most people throughout the college season when watching him actually play football instead of watching 1 workout and putting way too much stock into it?

Even though Bridgewater was the better pure QB throughout college and was consistently thought to be the #1 QB by most people throughout the college season when watching him actually play football instead of watching 1 workout and putting way too much stock into it?

Really???

CLE have a decent defense, one of the best young WRs and TEs in the league and picked up Ben Tate. If Johnny has bust written all over him, what label do you tag Bortles and Bridgewater with? Just curious...

Bortles is better than Manziel, but he too will likely fail in Jacksonville after being thrown into the fire by week 4. Bridgewater can be developed into a decent qb (not a great, but perhaps a serviceable Cutler/Stafford). Manziel's immaturity and backyard football tactics won't get him far in the NFL.

Bortles is better than Manziel, but he too will likely fail in Jacksonville after being thrown into the fire by week 4. Bridgewater can be developed into a decent qb (not a great, but perhaps a serviceable Cutler/Stafford). Manziel's immaturity and backyard football tactics won't get him far in the NFL.

I'll just leave it at this...as a Packer fan I'm thrilled with the Bridgewater over Maziel pick.

Love the move by the Vikes to move up and get the best QB in this draft. Bridgewater is really the only QB I wanted in the first 2 rounds and was the best QB all college season but people get too hung up on a bad workout in shorts and a t-shirt. Hope they can add another LB and some secondary help with the 2 3rd rounders tonight.

Bridgewater's numbers against the blitz last season have been touted by many this morning.... something like 70% completions with 14 TDs and 1 INT. That's very "not Christian Ponder."

• Upvote 1

Really???

Yes, Bridgewater was the #1 QB prospect most of the season and that only changed after a bad workout. He translates much better to the NFL and is consistent while Manziel will give you highlights real play one play and then will throw into triple coverage the next 3. I just don't see Manziel translating very well to the NFL unless he changes the way he plays.

Good to see the purple Kool Aid is flowing big time.

Bottom line this coming season's Vikings team is probably a 7-9 at best 8-8 team.

Bridgewater gets a year to soak it all in and then we'll see what happens in 2015.

IMO GB got a top 10- 12 talent in Ha Ha. Addresses an immediate need. Peppers on the edge opposite of Clay. Need a TE w Finley out. Boykins, Cobb and Nelson at WR. Could use another WR or OL.

Bottom line this coming season's Vikings team is probably a 7-9 at best 8-8 team.

Bridgewater gets a year to soak it all in and then we'll see what happens in 2015.

IMO GB got a top 10- 12 talent in Ha Ha. Addresses an immediate need. Peppers on the edge opposite of Clay. Need a TE w Finley out. Boykins, Cobb and Nelson at WR. Could use another WR or OL.

Agree on Ha Ha, I was actually hoping the Vikes would trade down to the middle of the 1st round and take him.

Pure wishful thinking. You guys have been strutting around like peacocks for several years and you are feeling insecure about the Vikings making a good QB pick? I smell fear in Cheeseheadland! :p

As for Ha Ha being the next greatest thing since sliced bread, if he isn't, he has the perfect name for a bust: Ha, Ha!!!

This first round for the Viks was an interesting one, Barr was a stretch I thought at 9, but it was nice they traded down as well. But to get Bridgewater at 32 was just amazing value for him, who was projected as the #1 pick at times this year. Seeing his stat line and how accurate he is, his film is impressive in big games as well. Great pickup for the Viks.

• Upvote 1

I was somewhat upset at the Vikings first pick, until they maneuvered to get Bridgewater. Now their first round looks pretty good. I did not want them to pick Manziel. Yes, he has tons of talent, but his mental game (off the field) is not where it needs to be. The quarterback needs to be a leader of the team. Think of one of the most mentally prepared and disciplined athletes we know (Toews) and then look at Manziel. They are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Manziel had enough off field issues in college, and then issues with the draft workouts to cause red flags for many teams. Unfortunately for him, he will not have a role model to teach him at Cleveland.

• Upvote 2

I was somewhat upset at the Vikings first pick, until they maneuvered to get Bridgewater. Now their first round looks pretty good. I did not want them to pick Manziel. Yes, he has tons of talent, but his mental game (off the field) is not where it needs to be. The quarterback needs to be a leader of the team. Think of one of the most mentally prepared and disciplined athletes we know (Toews) and then look at Manziel. They are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Manziel had enough off field issues in college, and then issues with the draft workouts to cause red flags for many teams. Unfortunately for him, he will not have a role model to teach him at Cleveland.

My thoughts exactly. Initially I was a little confused by the Barr pick, but hindsight this was a solid first round. Building depth.