SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

So let me get this straight? As soon as he's ready to go Josh Freeman is the starter?

So does that mean that the Christian Ponder era is over?

Unless Freeman sh*ts the bed the rest of the season. Although if that happens, I expect the Vikings to try out the draft again next summer for their next qb.

So let me get this straight? As soon as he's ready to go Josh Freeman is the starter?

So does that mean that the Christian Ponder era is over?

Yes. I think the Freeman signing was an indirect admission that they missed big time on Ponder. Now, with the season pretty much shot, they need to see what they have in Freeman for the foreseeable future. It's likely Ponder will not see the field again in purple.

So basically the last three years have been pissed down their preverbal leg with the whole Ponder experiment. I for one wasn't a fan of drafting the guy. They needed a QB badly, but there just wasn't the quality guy available at the spot they were picking. I mean who knew that Kapernick would turn out the way he did? I guess originally I was a Mallett fan, but who knows what he's got behind Tom Brady for the past three seasons?

Well, I guess Freeman can turn out and be the athletic QB that makes plays with a good running game to support him. Or he can complete 40% of his passes and Teddy Bridgewater here we come. Personally I think he had a pretty talented running back in Tampa Bay behind him, but thoughts of the word "uncoachable" come to mind.

Last thought.....he kind of reminds me of a Daunte Culpepper. So Viking fans will love him immediately.

So basically the last three years have been pissed down their preverbal leg with the whole Ponder experiment.

I'm happy they have at least seemingly acknowledged the err of their ways after three years with Ponder. Some GMs can be stubborn and go down with the ship. Tarvaris Jackson, anyone? ???

Regardless if Wilbur, Fetch and Geaux are catching balls from ARog.. a loss to the Vikes next Sunday would be just absolutely pathetic... unless GB let's AP run 300+! :(

This is really poor FB...by both teams.

Regardless if Wilbur, Fetch and Geaux are catching balls from ARog.. a loss to the Vikes next Sunday would be just absolutely pathetic... unless GB let's AP run 300+! :sad:

This is really poor FB...by both teams.

There is no way the Vikings beat Green Bay.....Green Bay will find guys to catch footballs from ARog.....he can throw the ball to himself and beat them.