SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU at UND

homer

Toe to Toe though

I said earlier that these two games South Dakota State and Montana will define the rest of the season. If they lose the Montana this season will go downhill quickly.

I want to see a quality victory soon

The refs sucked tonight. They missed calls for both teams. That first down pass that skipped to the WR, really? The missed delay of game before the very soft (albeit boneheaded) late hit out of bounds. The missed unnecessary roughness against UND on a punt coverage. And when they did call something they sounded befuddled by what they were attempting to say.

Players who didn't start but should have:

Mike 'Big Snacks' Edwards

When he was at NT the run defense actually made some plays. At times he took a double team 5 yards into the backfield. He needs to start. No offense to Henson but he just isn't a D1 athlete. He may know what he's doing back he isn't physically capable of doing it. Mike is.

Joe Mollberg

Need I say more?

Derrick Goard

He killed Zenner on a blitz. The poor guy landed on his numbers after Goard blew him up. Goard also sliced threw the line like his hair was on fire to stuff Zenner a couple times. He made a difference when he was in there and needs to play more.

Also Meindel had a bad first punt and responded with an absolute bomb. He will be a good one for sure.

• Upvote 2

Things I observed at the game,

1. UND# 95 sure can shake his booty to the music,

2. UND# 53 looks like he is one play away from a 'roid rage,

3...UND#33 looks like a Jr. Jake Brandt,

4. UND#4 is the tiniest football player I've seen who isn't in middle school and he sure isn't afraid to tackle someone three times his size,

5. The Jack Rabbits lived up to their hype,

6, UND fans who leave before the last play are NOT fans,

7. and, I sure wish the boys had played the entire game like they did the third quarter.

All in all, I had a good time.

Oops, forgot...the refs sucked!!

The refs sucked tonight. They missed calls for both teams. That first down pass that skipped to the WR, really? The missed delay of game before the very soft (albeit boneheaded) late hit out of bounds. The missed unnecessary roughness against UND on a punt coverage. And when they did call something they sounded befuddled by what they were attempting to say.

Players who didn't start but should have:

Mike 'Big Snacks' Edwards

When he was at NT the run defense actually made some plays. At times he took a double team 5 yards into the backfield. He needs to start. No offense to Henson but he just isn't a D1 athlete. He may know what he's doing back he isn't physically capable of doing it. Mike is.

Joe Mollberg

Need I say more?

Derrick Goard

He killed Zenner on a blitz. The poor guy landed on his numbers after Goard blew him up. Goard also sliced threw the line like his hair was on fire to stuff Zenner a couple times. He made a difference when he was in there and needs to play more.

Also Meindel had a bad first punt and responded with an absolute bomb. He will be a good one for sure.

Agreed on those players starting. After watching the play a couple times where the ball appeared to skip, it actually did look like the receiver got his arm under it. I was surprised.

I agree. The refs were garbage for both sides the whole game. I will admit I did leave early so I didn't see Mollberg when he was best I think but I do hope he starts next week. I just don't want to see those throws from him where he is about to go down and just throw it up there. I don't remember seeing any other running back in the game besides for Miller. I really wish Sparks would get some opportunities.

I'm still befuddled as to why the SDSU coaching staff went away from Zenner in the fourth quarter. At the beginning of the quarter after his TD he needed only 14 yards to tie his record and thats all he had the rest of the game. Had SDSU managed to let this one slip through their fingers the head man would have had to answer some tough game management questions.

I said earlier that these two games South Dakota State and Montana will define the rest of the season. If they lose the Montana this season will go downhill quickly.

I want to see a quality victory soon

seriously? we have two freshman QBs who are going to make mistakes. you are going to judge our season based on how our first two real games go?