SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Volleyball Season

SWSiouxMN

Attendance only 839 and crowd wasn't into it. I guess that will happen when you are dominating.

Robinson wasn't dressed. I didn't get to see the NAU game and had to hunt around to the NAU site for the box score. Looks like she did play two sets, but only had 6 total attacks for 3 kills. While she can be erratic this is a tough loss athletically. But Emily Asche did look good tonight and she adds some length for blocking.

In case anyone didn't hear, PSU was stunned last night down in Sac State, so now we take a 2 game lead in conference over ISU, PSU, and NAU once again. A major turn of events in conference play

Nice to have breathing room.

The middle tier of UNC, SAC St, Montana only seem to be a hazard to ISU, PSU, and NAU. We'll take it.

Nice to have breathing room.

The middle tier of UNC, SAC St, Montana only seem to be a hazard to ISU, PSU, and NAU. We'll take it.

Hopefully UND can keep up its act of avoiding those said landmines that is the middle tier of the Big Sky.

Lots of big games tonight with NAU traveling to ISU, Montana taking on UNC, and Sac State hosting EWU.

Munkeby got her 1000th kill. Nice touch by Hardee in taking time out to celebrate.

Very classy. Had a few 13 year old girls at the match who all play VB and they thought it was pretty cool he did that to recognize her.

This UND VB stuff is quickly becoming a family favorite for us.

Big Sky standings after 12 games

UND 11-1

NAU 9-3

PSU 9-3

ISU 8-4

MONT 7-5

SAC ST 7-5

UNC 5-7

EWU 4-8

MSU 3-9

WEB 2-10

SUU 1-11

Big Sky schedule

10/31

SAC @ SUU

EWU @ MONT

11/1

UND @ ISU

UNC @ WEB

PSU @ MSU

11/2

UND @ WEB

UNC @ ISU

PSU @ MONT

SAC @ NAU

EWU @ MSU

11/4

NAU @ SUU

We can actually clinch a spot in the big sky tournament this week with 2 wins and a UNC loss, or a win, UNC gets swept and EWU loses once.

Big Sky standings after 12 games

UND 11-1

NAU 9-3

PSU 9-3

ISU 8-4

MONT 7-5

SAC ST 7-5

UNC 5-7

EWU 4-8

MSU 3-9

WEB 2-10

SUU 1-11

Big Sky schedule

10/31

SAC @ SUU

EWU @ MONT

11/1

UND @ ISU

UNC @ WEB

PSU @ MSU

11/2

UND @ WEB

UNC @ ISU

PSU @ MONT

SAC @ NAU

EWU @ MSU

11/4

NAU @ SUU

We can actually clinch a spot in the big sky tournament this week with 2 wins and a UNC loss, or a win, UNC gets swept and EWU loses once.

Is Robinson travelling with the team?

Are Munkeby's parents on-track to go to all games, including road ones?

Need to win the ISU game. ISU will be tough at home. Weber is a lot like NDSU: easy win.

Pioske did lead in kills tonight, I think. She was a favorite go-to of the setter Husfeldt, but she was blocked many times too hitting from the left side. I thought Parlich could have been utilized more. I'm anxious to see the box score tomorrow.

This team is incredibly resilient, as we've seen tonight and especially at UNC. What a great attribute to be able to win on the road, even when the odds are against you.

Love that you can watch matches on demand through america one since I was at hockey. Announcers are annoying as the always call us "nameless"

Just got done with first set. I think we gave up 4 aces. Didn't seem to play that well and yet had a 23-19 lead only to lose the set 23-25. That is not good

I think two of the major differences between this team and last years team are:

1. Pioske... she is the other do everything person we needed to match with Robinson. Just gives us much more flexibility in both our attack and defense.

2. Resilience. Last year's team just didn't seem to pull out the wins in tough matches. They'd give up a few points and then break down mentally. This year's team has that resilience to fight back and turn a set around. They also have learned how to just turn it on and dominate an opponent (like what we saw with NDSU).