SiouxSports.com Forum

MafiaMan Offseason Forum Page

Blackheart

I here pronounce MafiaMan the new top man as the most popular poster on siouxsports.

I certainly wouldn't go that far...but I'll play along and keep the daily deep thoughts coming...

St Thomas Academy being booted out of the Classic Suburban Conference...couldn't happen to a nicer school. Word is they are going to have trouble finding a new home...

Since I'm in charge of picking the songs that go on my iPod, imagine my surprise this morning when shuffle turns up "Shoes" by Styx and my first thought is, "REALLY? That's one of my top 2,000 songs?".

I love Styx and have seen them in concert five times, but, wow, that song isn't one of their best, to say the least.

I don't know how anyone could watch the Boston Bruins national anthem being sung last night and not get misty-eyed. Little known fact that most teams in Canada sing 'Oh Canada' the very same way...with the guest leading the first few words or first verse and then turning it over to the crowd. If you haven't seen it before, I suggest checking it out on youtube. Whether it's Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal, Vancouver, or Winnipeg, it really is something to listen to, particularly during the playoffs.

News media crying about the lack of a retractable roof over Target Field...boo hoo. How do they ever play baseball in Chicago, Detroit, Boston, Cleveland, New York, Philadelphia...

HA - funny. MafiaMan getting after Oxbow about this being a family oriented website right after MafiaMan asked for a post about Haywood Jablowme! :lol:

:ohmy: I didn't even notice that I did that! A friend of mine and I were talking about newspaper headlines and that one immediately came to mind...he didn't believe me until I showed him the picture and words under it.