SiouxSports.com Forum

MafiaMan Offseason Forum Page

Blackheart

Thoughts on the Gryba hit on Eller? Here's a thought - for these 5:00 majors and game misconduct calls, the refs HAVE to be able to use instant replay. That was not a 5:00 major. Anytime a big hit happens and a guy gets hurt, the refs have to error on the side of caution and kick a guy out. I don't like seeing a guy get hurt, but that was not a dirty hit. Good thing it didn't cost Ottawa the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rb7sG-xRvU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83qHq-RgEGM

I'm confused by Brendan's comments...the hit and penalty still makes no sense to me. And Montreal's reaction in the next game was simply wrong. Why wouldn't Corey Perry face a similar suspension? The lack of consistency is mind-boggling.

I'm confused by Brendan's comments...the hit and penalty still makes no sense to me. And Montreal's reaction in the next game was simply wrong. Why wouldn't Corey Perry face a similar suspension? The lack of consistency is mind-boggling.

How there were no suspensions from the Ottawa/Montreal game I'll never know. If you're going to suspend Gryba for 2 games for a clean hit and then make stuff up about it, how about:

1. Ryan White's 2-hander right off the faceoff

2. Rene Bourque's elbow to Conacher

3. Brendan Gallagher jumping Conacher - not to mention Prust's hit to Conacher's head right beforehand

4. PK Subban jumping Turris

Really? Not 1 suspension after all of that?

How there were no suspensions from the Ottawa/Montreal game I'll never know. If you're going to suspend Gryba for 2 games for a clean hit and then make stuff up about it, how about:

1. Ryan White's 2-hander right off the faceoff

2. Rene Bourque's elbow to Conacher

3. Brendan Gallagher jumping Conacher - not to mention Prust's hit to Conacher's head right beforehand

4. PK Subban jumping Turris

Really? Not 1 suspension after all of that?

Some of that has got to come down to coaching and telling players to do nothing. I realize that players will circle the wagons when a player has been injured, but a video replay of the initial incident clearly shows what is and should be considered a legal hit. I would hate to think of Montreal's team reaction if the hit in question had been a Robbie Bina-like cheap shot on a Canadiens player.

Any chance of having a slumber party in the Hoggsbreath?

Hey, I have been known to sleep in the bar. :) At this point I am game for just about anything. I was told the other day by Mrs. Goon that if I keep it up, I will be looking for a new girl as well. :)

Edited by Goon

And we get to watch paint dry for at least another series. Wow! I can't wait. :crazy::p

I don't understand why you think the Red Wing style of hockey is so boring. This isn't the New Jersey Devils 1990's trap out there. They were down 3 games to 2 and had to win game 7 on the road in Anaheim. They deserve SOME credit, don't they?

Detroit vs Chicago in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs? Two original six franchises duking it out in a 7 game series?

Is this not why you are here?

3oe3mk.jpg

I don't understand why you think the Red Wing style of hockey is so boring. This isn't the New Jersey Devils 1990's trap out there. They were down 3 games to 2 and had to win game 7 on the road in Anaheim. They deserve SOME credit, don't they?

Detroit vs Chicago in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs? Two original six franchises duking it out in a 7 game series?

Is this not why you are here?

3oe3mk.jpg

Hell, most of us can't spell half of the players names on the Red Wings... I wouldn't walk across the street to watch them play hockey. They're a boring team to watch play hockey. I would compare it to paint drying. I love to watch #93 for the Red Wings, for once drop the gloves and fight. But no, he's a turtle.

Hell, most of us can't spell half of the players names on the Red Wings... I wouldn't walk across the street to watch them play hockey. They're a boring team to watch play hockey. I would compare it to paint drying. I love to watch #93 for the Red Wings, for once drop the gloves and fight. But no, he's a turtle.

Didn't you say a while back that you wouldn't walk across the street to watch Wisconsin play hockey...hours after literally walking across the street to the X to watch Wisconsin play hockey? :lol:

Abdelkader's short-handed goal last night...yea...that was boring.

Why don't you contrast the number of foreign players on the Red Wings with those on the Wild, the team that plays in the "State of Hockey." I bet you'll be surprised.