SiouxSports.com Forum

MafiaMan Offseason Forum Page

Blackheart

I know FSN was fawning all over the 'great effort' the Wild had on Saturday against the worst-in-the-west-Avalanche but I think Chicago will sweep Minnesota or possibly lose 1 game in St Paul. 4-0 or 4-1 Blackhawks.

My oldest daughter is playing in a soccer tournament in Blaine this weekend. If they don't get out of pool play, her and I will be buzzing over to the X to scalp some tickets on Sunday. Should be a win/win for us regardless.

My oldest daughter is playing in a soccer tournament in Blaine this weekend. If they don't get out of pool play, her and I will be buzzing over to the X to scalp some tickets on Sunday. Should be a win/win for us regardless.

Bring some $$$$$.

You post at all ours of the day and you darn well know it. When did I ever claim I did not have time? So only most are on your time? Thanks for admitting that you are ripping us off posting while we pay you.

So, if he happens to have a job where he can work at home and his work gets done in the morning.....he shouldn't be able to post in the afternoon? I have a second cousin who has an office in his backyard, so that he can go to all of his kids activities and be home when they need him to be. Where did we determine that Goon has a government job? What if his government job is to search the internet and message boards...he shouldn't be on a message board or the internet then?

So, if he happens to have a job where he can work at home and his work gets done in the morning.....he shouldn't be able to post in the afternoon? I have a second cousin who has an office in his backyard, so that he can go to all of his kids activities and be home when they need him to be. Where did we determine that Goon has a government job? What if his government job is to search the internet and message boards...he shouldn't be on a message board or the internet then?

I hear for the republic if there's a government paid position to post on siouxsports.com. If there's a position for GPL or bisonville I may have to move.

I guess what you call 'going hard to the net' appears to me to be an intentional kicking-motion at Howard's head. Watch it again.

He was going to the net hard and tried squeezing in-between Kronwall and Howard. I see exactly what you're saying about the kicking motion. I'm not sure if it was deliberate or not - it certainly could have been. However, if this was Matt Cooke I would say it was intentional for sure. Sometimes a guy's reputation precedes him.

• Upvote 1

He was going to the net hard and tried squeezing in-between Kronwall and Howard. I see exactly what you're saying about the kicking motion. I'm not sure if it was deliberate or not - it certainly could have been. However, if this was Matt Cooke I would say it was intentional for sure. Sometimes a guy's reputation precedes him.

I agree, Corey Perry doesn't have a rep as being a dirty player, so it's hard to glean intent. I am just glad that Howard wasn’t hurt.

Okay, let me re-phrase this, he's not Matt Cooke, and he's "only" been suspended twice by the National Hockey League. In the grand scheme of things Cooke has been suspended around 35 games by the NHL.

I don't care that he's not Matt Cooke...he was suspended a month ago for a cheap shot and last night's incident looks bad as well...

I don't care that he's not Matt Cooke...he was suspended a month ago for a cheap shot and last night's incident looks bad as well...

First off, I am not a Detroit fan, I don't see an evil intent, but it was a "dangerous" play. I don't think the NHL will suspend Perry for this act. Unless we can interview him and get him to say that he was trying to slice the goalie face with his skate, I hope he wasn't... I don't think we will ever know what this guy was thinking other than I want to score a goal and if not I am going to make some contact with the goalie. I still remember the Buffalo goalie almost dying on the ice back in the 1990's. Honestly, I don't want to see anyone killed on the ice.

I don't think the NHL will suspend Perry for this act. Unless we can interview him and get him to say that he was trying to slice the goalie face with his skate, I hope he wasn't... I don't think we will ever know what this guy was thinking other than I want to score a goal and if not I am going to make some contact with the goalie. I still remember the Buffalo goalie almost dying on the ice back in the 1990's. Honestly, I don't want to see anyone killed on the ice.

It's the playoffs, Goon. I'm sure Corey isn't going to schedule a press conference, admit it was intentional, and demand a 10-game suspension for himself.

It's the playoffs, Goon. I'm sure Corey isn't going to schedule a press conference, admit it was intentional, and demand a 10-game suspension for himself.

Well, we do know that the Ducks will end the Redwings season in 4-6 games and this discussion will be mute. :)