SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs MICHIGAN TECH - Sunday Game 3

AZSIOUX

Thoughts...

-Tate Maris with his first action. Simply awesome.

-Cagguila played great tonight, all over the ice with excellent energy. Would love to see more of that from him going forward.

-Good to see Knight shake off some goal scoring cobwebs. He looked much better tonight than previous couple weekends.

-Rocco just needs to get one to drop. Just one. I predict it happens against CC on Thurs night.

-Loved that BOTH Mitch Mac and OD scored goals tonight after being blasted by many on here for countless weeks. :)

Go Sioux! Beat those Tigers!

Thoughts...

-Loved that BOTH Mitch Mac and OD scored goals tonight after being blasted by many on here for countless weeks. :)

Too bad All-WCHA voting took place last week I guess!

To Mitch's credit as awful as he was Friday, he was pretty good Saturday and very good last night.

As far as OD goes...yes he did score last night and I'll leave it at that so good for him.

Thoughts...

-Tate Maris with his first action. Simply awesome.

-Cagguila played great tonight, all over the ice with excellent energy. Would love to see more of that from him going forward.

-Good to see Knight shake off some goal scoring cobwebs. He looked much better tonight than previous couple weekends.

-Rocco just needs to get one to drop. Just one. I predict it happens against CC on Thurs night.

Go Sioux! Beat those Tigers!

I had to explain to my wife why I had tears in my eyes.....that was a great moment.

But there should be a ceremony to install very small footprints on the dasher.

I laughed coffee through my nose on that one - well done! :lol: :lol:

As for Tate - well - it just doesn't get any better. A player rewarded for hard work, perseverance, and loyalty. Coaches get an A+, and so does Tate.

Awesome. Just awesome.

That's pretty unbelievable...nice timing.

This complaint came up on Twitter last night, too. Commercial breaks, be it TV or radio, are predetermined. They are scheduled according to the official media timeouts on the ice, which are mandated by league rules. These are taken at the same time of every period of every game, and the rules surrounding these breaks are not flexible.

Not to mention neither Midco nor Clear Channel are privy to when a coach may or may not substitute their players.

We're looking for something that's not here, folks.

• Upvote 3

I'm just a guy who sits in the attic at REA for home games, but I've figured out that little red light at the scorer's table comes on at the first stop in play under 15, under 10, and under 5 minutes remaining in a period. That red light signals a TV timeout.

Maris came in with 4:40 left in the third. That'd be the first stop in play under 5 minutes to play. That's the normal TV timeout.

Midco was going to take their normal break even if Jesus Christ* was coming out to play the last 4:40.

*He's a goalie. Jesus Saves.

• Upvote 1

Hey, I know it was predetermined and all that. I was just disappointed not to see/hear a really special moment in this season (and probably many seasons).

More than any other sport, with hockey you have to be there to fully enjoy it.