SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Michigan Tech - Best 2 of 3 - Ticket to the X

AZSIOUX

Like the bracketology done this morning. Seems like much more balanced regionals, with none looking like an easy path to the FF.

http://www.uscho.com...lts-of-march-9/

That would be awesome, good quality matchups...no real cake walks and I just don't want to have the emotional baggage of having to beat vagisota two straight weekends especially in an emotional and fanless hockey hotbed of Toledo

Like the bracketology done this morning. Seems like much more balanced regionals, with none looking like an easy path to the FF.

http://www.uscho.com...lts-of-march-9/

Like the regional looks. I for one am happy that Miami gets to play a regional in their home state. You talk about a team that has been thrown to the wolves in the past with having to play out east as a #1 seed, and playing in BC regionals in Mass.

Prediction for the Mich Tech playoffs. MTU will play the Wisco/Bemidji game, maybe even to the extent that they wrap up and go for a ride, especially if it's Anderson/Baby Shep in the building, and no matter what pair is there to test if it will be allowed.

Have to sweep these guys, no two ways about it. We could be looking at playing Denver, Minnesota, and JBS on consecutive nights...have to be rested going into that.

We won't play Denver, the teams we could possibly play on theThursday at the final 5 would be the Mankato/Omaha winner, or Colorado College if they beat Denver, or Duluth if they beat Wisconsin.

We won't play Denver, the teams we could possibly play on theThursday at the final 5 would be the Mankato/Omaha winner, or Colorado College if they beat Denver, or Duluth if they beat Wisconsin.

Yeah looks like Mankato instead, for some reason I thought Denver was locked into the 6 spot.

UND has won the last 3 final 5's. just took a look at the history and that was a record. Amazing these seniors haven't lost a single final 5 game.

Going for 4th final 5 championship in a row!!Wow

http://wcha.com/men/tourney/history.php

Don't jinx them now, seems like every time people start talking about streaks with the Sioux they lose it, so shhhhhhhhh lol

Don't jinx them now, seems like every time people start talking about streaks with the Sioux they lose it, so shhhhhhhhh lol

Yeah that's it, people talking :) lol

Whatever happens I hope he keeps Zane in the net unless there is a reason to change. Rocco up top. Odonnell can play any line (obviously from how Hak has used him,that's all)

Look forward to playoff hockey! So many important games across the nation.

Would love to see the Sioux lose this Final Five. Can't win that many games in a row on to the Natty. Not this team.

Focus on the Natty!

I say win what you can. Don't think I would ever hope for the Sioux to lose a game. I guess I don't subscribe to the theory that if you win one you can't win the other. Things have to go your way anyway, even if you lose the Final Five.

• Upvote 2

Only meetings this year were at Tech

UND won 6-1 Friday and 4-1 Saturday

The big 3 had nice weekends in tech but balanced scoring as well. Sweep a tough tech and its party time in St. Paul!!

I'm guessing the tech players remember those scores and are hoping for a little revenge.

From now on lets call it the Duluth theory. Lose out, get rested, and win the national championship.

Does it only work though if you get into a cheap bracket?

The "Denver Theory" would be another step further: lose in the 1st round, rest up, then win it all...2004, I think.

From now on lets call it the Duluth theory. Lose out, get rested, and win the national championship.

Does it only work though if you get into a cheap bracket?

Why wait until the FF to lose? Didn't Denver lose in the first round of the WCHA playoffs in 2004 and then go on to win the NCAA title a few weeks later?

EDIT: Snake beat me to the punch on this scenario.