SiouxSports.com Forum

Indoor Practice Facility Coming Soon!

Sioux10Fan

How come there is no coverage in the Herald on this?

What would they report? That they're putting up a fence and marking the ground? It has already been reported that they are working on a new facility. They haven't started tearing down the old building yet, and they won't do a ground breaking for a couple of months. This is a long process and they aren't going to have a story on every step of the process. They will only have reports on the major steps along the way.

What would they report? That they're putting up a fence and marking the ground? It has already been reported that they are working on a new facility. They haven't started tearing down the old building yet, and they won't do a ground breaking for a couple of months. This is a long process and they aren't going to have a story on every step of the process. They will only have reports on the major steps along the way.

That is what I was referring to, was a ground breaking. I guess I didn't realize there was going to be a formal one.

According to the architect from the Vikings stadium sere through is the new retractable. Just saying. That saves a truck load of money.

Legitimately though, if we play around with the pipe dream of new stadium. That would be cool. I remember hearing lighting being a complaint about the Alerus. The only let down is no blackout for pregame video, but maybe with the translucent instead of transparent they could light it up cool, like how the Bejing one lights up

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlosdIK49IaYMdwh-kgQEN_uc8aLPpHYjt0aiFUovY-eHB0eBixw

Legitimately though, if we play around with the pipe dream of new stadium. That would be cool. I remember hearing lighting being a complaint about the Alerus. The only let down is no blackout for pregame video, but maybe with the translucent instead of transparent they could light it up cool, like how the Bejing one lights up

https://encrypted-tb...FUovY-eHB0eBixw

The Al needs some skylights built in to add some natural light. That would instantly make the "feel" of the building much more appealing.

Exactly! Absolutely no reason to mention NDSU in that post...

Does anyone know if there have been any updates to the renderings that were released earlier?

Oh calm down. I am just saying we have heard nothing but talk about the IPF (just like the SHAC) but now its becoming a reality because we have the funds and it is physically being built. Geez take a pill.

As much as I love the idea of a new football stadium (the see through glass roof would be sick), I think the next facility after the IPF should be a new basketball arena. Phil Jackson Arena has a nice ring to it, don't you think? Although I'm not a huge B-ball fan, it is the sport with the most potential to get UND big time national recognition. A new Basketball arena coupled with the IPF would bring us in a whole new caliber of men and women basketball players and increase the odds of us being at the Big Dance year in and year out!

As much as I love the idea of a new football stadium (the see through glass roof would be sick), I think the next facility after the IPF should be a new basketball arena. Phil Jackson Arena has a nice ring to it, don't you think? Although I'm not a huge B-ball fan, it is the sport with the most potential to get UND big time national recognition. A new Basketball arena coupled with the IPF would bring us in a whole new caliber of men and women basketball players and increase the odds of us being at the Big Dance year in and year out!

Not gonna happen. Wouldn't mind seeing permanent seating on either end of the betty though. Build an addition for practice courts.

This is years down the road

Heard really good information from a really good source....

the winning bid for tear down of the Ralph was announced tuesday of this week... Should be starting to movie in equipment late next week if weather cooperates with destructuion starting in 2-3 weeks.

They have a nice 12,000 seat arena attached to the betty

• Upvote 1

They have a nice 12,000 seat arena attached to the betty

If they ever want to play a game in that arena...the schedule has got to fall right, and basketball teams never get to practice in a lead up to a game on that floor. (There goes home court advantage) Say it doesn't matter, but getting accustomed to the shooting backdrop is a big part of home court advantage. My personal opinion is they shouldn't ever play a meaningful game in the hockey arena. The Betty is Basketball's home, it's a good home, could it be better...most certianly yes (VideoBoard etc). But that's our teams court, that they practice on every day, and fight to protect it game in and game out. Hey, I certainly wouldn't blame the hockey guys for not liking the situation of a changeover of the ice to a basketball court. Not saying they do...but I wouldn't blame them if they did. Sure they can go practice on The Olympic, but again the main arena is their home. That was a little of the topic of the forum but I digress

It will be sad to see the old arena torn down, as I had a lot of fond memories of going there as a kid and as a college student. But at the same time this is once again an incredible credit to a lot of people from the donors, to those soliciting the donations in the foundation, to the athletic department and the university. It's going to be great to have a facility that student athletes can utilize to excel in their sports. From Football to Track to Soccer. This is a big step. An exciting step- and it looks like finally it will be nearing a reality. UND Alumni and friends are special people. They have great vision and the fortitude to make those visions reality. I for one am thankful and excited to see this project get underway.

• Upvote 2

Heard that the IPF will begin construction this summer/fall with completion of phase 1 by next summer. However, I heard the athletic offices as well as some coaching offices will remain in the Hyslop. If that is the case I will be somewhat disappointed that they haven't raised the funds for the total project yet. Ideally, I would much rather them do the project right the first time rather than do the whole start then stop then restart thing.

As far as the football stadium talk goes, is that just wishful thinking or has there been legitimate discussions about the potential for some high end donors contributing to a project in the future?