SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs NAU - Go support the team at the Betty

FSSD

Im sorry, but there is ZERO excuse for dropping this game today. I understand the fact that we were really playing this game with only 7 guys, but still when you are in a position to win the game at the free throw line and you do not come through.... Had a chance to get that separation, and now you are dragged into the mess with 3 out of the next 4 conference games on the road. Biggest stat I felt was the last 4 minutes at the free throw line.

Team: 17/23

Last 4 minutes 4/9

5 out of the 6 total misses from the line was within those 4 minutes and our best free throw shooter went 2 for 4....

Did they play zone? Does every game have to be close? Need to learn to keep the foot on the gas!

They were in a 3-2 zone for the second half and we couldn't figure it out. Need to got high low post against that, but instead we had four guys on 3 line that their 3 guys were able to defend.

I was really surprised that we didn't play our size more. We essentially went 4 guard lineup even though we had the height advantage with Allard and Archer on the bench.

I fear that this team has no shot to make a run in the BSC Tourney without him.

Even with him, his constant inability to stay out of foul trouble is concerning at minimum.

The foul thing is a knock hanging with him. I haven't seen that from him recently. Thursday's game was two phantom calls against him. Sac St big guy kept falling and so refs would blow whistle.

And with Brekke's offense we destroy UNA.

Im sorry, but there is ZERO excuse for dropping this game today. I understand the fact that we were really playing this game with only 7 guys, but still when you are in a position to win the game at the free throw line and you do not come through.... Had a chance to get that separation, and now you are dragged into the mess with 3 out of the next 4 conference games on the road. Biggest stat I felt was the last 4 minutes at the free throw line.

Team: 17/23

Last 4 minutes 4/9

5 out of the 6 total misses from the line was within those 4 minutes and our best free throw shooter went 2 for 4....

Free throws didn't bug me as much as the turnovers did. Webb was a mess. And in ot I think we had 4 turnovers??? And we were doing it to ourselves. It wasn't NAU making the plays.

Man, both of our basketball programs have a long road back to respectability! I think FB will make the playoffs before either BB team finishes in the top half of the BSC.

I'm pretty sure that the men still have a good chance to finish in the top half this season with a .500 record or better in conference play in spite of a lot of injuries.

Man, both of our basketball programs have a long road back to respectability! I think FB will make the playoffs before either BB team finishes in the top half of the BSC.

Your mens program is scuffling a bit, yet they still are in fourth place in the league and have a chance to get the third seed in the tourney. Welcome to the Big Sky. Other than Weber State and U of Montana, the cupboards are kind of bare around the league right now. NAU had a very competitive stretch in the early-mid 2000s but have fallen off the last two seasons.

Good luck the rest of the way, UND fans.

Your mens program is scuffling a bit, yet they still are in fourth place in the league and have a chance to get the third seed in the tourney. Welcome to the Big Sky. Other than Weber State and U of Montana, the cupboards are kind of bare around the league right now. NAU had a very competitive stretch in the early-mid 2000s but have fallen off the last two seasons.

Good luck the rest of the way, UND fans.

Very gracious of you, mtjack.

When we played in Flagstaff, the game could have gone either way too. At least we beat Sac St this weekend, who we lost to in Sacramento. Hopefully we get more of our players back.

I disagree with you on this. This basketball team from the 2nd game of the year has faced the most adversity of any team in many years. Yes, this one did slip away but again we did not have 2 key starters. With Brekke and Schuler in this one we would have won easily. We have probably played only a handful of games with our best players in the lineup and we are still 8-8 in the conference. Next year could be a great year with all 5 juniors being seniors and the addition of Nash, Salmonson and if they don't redshirt Hooker, which they should.