SiouxSports.com Forum

Indian nicknames in the news

jimdahl

The shirt isn't the issue.

I think the bigger issue is that the support for those shirts are coming from the same people who not too long ago stood in front of Twamley and called for zero tolerance for any logos used and saying they are people, not mascots.

If that is the case, I concede the point

Thread title: "Indian nicknames in the news".

My thoughts: Something UND should not want, but seems to be managing to do quit well.

Perhaps one of the underlying reasons GT isn't overly motivated to get that elusive single game or H/H contract in football lined up is the ungoing dumbster fire up in Forks!

Thread title: "Indian nicknames in the news".

My thoughts: Something UND should not want, but seems to be managing to do quit well.

Perhaps one of the underlying reasons GT isn't overly motivated to get that elusive single game or H/H contract in football lined up is the ungoing dumbster fire up in Forks!

I also heard there was a petition circulating around Fargo to present to GT not to play UND as well.

Remember there is still some smoke lingering from the dumpster fire in Fargo.

I also heard there was a petition circulating around Fargo to present to GT not to play UND as well.

Remember there is still some smoke lingering from the dumpster fire in Fargo.

There may very well be some smoke, but at least flames aren't out of control

Also, controlling racism may be just a bit more important than a petition for a bill benefiting the outdoors/wildlife.

Wait, I forgot who my audience was . . .

• Upvote 1

There may very well be some smoke, but at least flames aren't out of control

Also, controlling racism may be just a bit more important than a petition for a bill benefiting the outdoors/wildlife.

Wait, I forgot who my audience was . . .

So blatantly breaking the law is less of an issue than offending some people by wearing an insensitive t-shirt in your book? Got it!

I guess I didn't forget who you are..............no wonder you have so much free time to troll here.

I live in Fargo...it's not that big of a town.

So blatantly breaking the law is less of an issue than offending some people by wearing an insensitive t-shirt in your book?

I guess I didn't forget who you are..............no wonder you have so much freee time to troll here.

I live in Fargo...it's a small town.

Yes, when you consider racism vs. the law that was broken here, but why would I even think you would be capable of thinking that way . . .

I don't care where you live, "Oxbow", but apparently you like to broadcast where you do!

Yes, when you consider racism vs. the law that was broken here, but why would I even think you would be capable of thinking that way . . .

I don't care where you live, "Oxbow", but apparently you like to broadcast where you do!

Boy...you do suck at what you do. Breaking laws are called crimes. It is illegal. I don't agree with the t-shirts in any sense but that trumps the petition fraud by NDSU athletes? Goodness...and to assume I live in Oxbow because of a moniker...ummmmmm, I don't.

Well played CAS, well played. Carry on...............

Boy...you do suck at what you do. Breaking laws are called crimes. It is illegal. I don't agree with the t-shirts in any sense but that trumps the petition fraud by NDSU athletes? Goodness...and to assume I live in Oxbow because of a moniker...ummmmmm, I don't.

Well played CAS, well played. Carry on...............

The racism at UND is so much more than the recent t-shirt episode. In fact, this t-shirt deal is just part of the overall racism at UND/in Forks thast has been ongoing for years/decades, but why would I assume you would understand and appreciate that?!

The racism at UND is so much more than the recent t-shirt episode. In fact, this t-shirt deal is just part of the overall racism at UND/in Forks thast has been ongoing for years/decades, but why would I assume you would understand and appreciate that?!

Again...what laws have been broken due to this racism you speak of? None. Years/decades...because a few NAs, liberals, and those in academics on UND's campus have hurt feelings over a logo? So lump all of UND and GF in the racist bucket...speaks volumes to your reasoning or lack thereof.

Again...what laws have been broken due to this racism you speak of? None. Years/decades...because a few NAs, liberals, and those in academics on UND's campus have hurt feelings over a logo? So lump all of UND and GF in the racist bucket...speaks volumes to your reasoning or lack thereof.

Yep, no malum prohibitum law is broke by racism, but I would venture to say that racism is malum in se.

By the way, who are the victims of the petition deal and who are the victims of UND's racism?

Yep, no malum prohibitum law is broke by racism, but I would venture to say that racism is malum in se.

By the way, who are the victims of the petition deal and who are the victims of UND's racism?

No mention of the racist skits done down in Fargo a few years back? Or the years and years of shirts that are infinitely more offensive than the ones from a few weekends ago?

"Hail to the Victims"...could be be the new fight song at UND. And BTW you speak spanish really well for a white guy! ;)

No mention of the racist skits done down in Fargo a few years back? Or the years and years of shirts that are infinitely more offensive than the ones from a few weekends ago?

Can't argue with you there, but you are, in a way, making my point; that being it's ongoing at UND, or at least that's how the public sees it.

I checking out of here for awhile. In reality, I was a proponent of the nickname, but now that it's gone, it's time for UND to move on and get pick a new one. Not doing so will just prolong all of this racism talk IMO.

I checking out of here for awhile. In reality, I was a proponent of the nickname, but now that it's gone, it's time for UND to move on and get pick a new one. Not doing so will just prolong all of this racism talk IMO.

UND did move on it was your Bison alumn buddy Al Carlson coming up with BS laws to kill the process to pick a new name which UND was starting to do, in order to stick it to the NCAA with his state law. If it wasn't for that UND would've had a new name and logo for almost 2 years. Atta boy Al.