SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. UW

brianvf

the course of this season has to change and hopefully this weekend is as good as any to start that change. I've heard and read many people over the past two weeks say we played well in both minny games and on sat night against scsu. so in three of the last four games against the top two teams in league we have supposedly played well and have a combined zero wins in those games, so either we aren't as good as some think or we've been very unlucky.

Via Wiscosin State Journal - Mike Eaves: Scheduling North Dakota in the Future a Priority

"A great rivalry, great history," Eaves said. "Both programs wanted to do that and keep it going. It actually was a conversation that wasn't very long with (Dave) Hakstol, their head coach, and we both reached out and both said let's get this done, and we were able to do so."

In his weekly press conference Monday, Eaves gushed about playing in an atmosphere like UND's Ralph Engelstad Arena.

"It's a great place to play, first of all," Eaves noted. "If I'm a college athlete or just an athlete in general, you're playing in front of 11,000 fans, and the rink is designed such they're right on top of you. They're a good team. There's a great rivalry."

Big loss, he's a very good player. 4 points this weekend!

That a big loss for the Badgers because he's number two in points for them.

I agree. Hopefully this disrupts the offensive improvements/momentum the Badgers have had since Zengerle came back from injury and Kerdiles was cleared to play.

Is there a game tonight? C'mon let's get some Badger hating going! Where's Chuck Schwartz? Badgers suck, Chuck and your team will be traveling home with their striped tails between their legs.

I told a friend yesterday that this doesn't feel like much of a rivalry series anymore. In recent years there hasn't been much to keep the flame burning like there has been with Minnesota and Denver (big matchups at the Final Five and/or NCAA regionals, hard fought series in the regular season).

Maybe things will pick up again with the Sioux-Gopher rivalry going on hiatus.

The hatred hasn’t been there in recent years not like the DU or Rodent series…but this weekend has the makings of a classic…that is if we show up both nights…

WI is playing some pretty good hockey right now however I feel we have the better team the boys just have to get out there and play like it … gotta get a fire under them some time

Under. Too big to sneak into the rink past security. Unless you dress em up as a baby or something. :D

Not like the old days. I loved how the badger pelt was placed inside the door at Frenchy's to wipe your feet on.

Over/under 2 frozen badgers on the ice this weekend

Under. Too big to sneak into the rink past security. Unless you dress em up as a baby or something. :D

Not like the old days. I loved how the badger pelt was placed inside the door at Frenchy's to wipe your feet on.

Its winter, stick in your coat and call it your scarf, hat, and gloves....or better yet, make your gf carry it in...they don't check the chest area that closely.

Edit: This will only work if the bottom of your coat is tight...otherwise, it has to be under a sweatshirt or something so that it doesn't come on the bottom.

Use the side door and know somebody who is working. I threw one on the ice at the Ralph a while back. Nothing like a frozen badger carcass sliding across the ice.