SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Season

GeauxSioux

That's huge. Our chances of an upset just skyrocketed. Obviously a win over MSU without McGhee would be discounted a good amount but it would certainly be better than a loss. I don't mean to sound like I'm cheering an injury but this changes the dynamic of this season significantly in our favor.

That is the game of football. When was the last year a UND QB played the entire year? Freund maybe?

I do not think that the injury will be that big of a game changer. I still see us losing big. Hope I am way off though.

Not sure who their backup is but he has put up some of the best overall qb numbers in fcs the last couple years and has started since he was a freshman. You don't just replace that.

I do not think that the injury will be that big of a game changer. I still see us losing big. Hope I am way off though.

You must not know much about MSU or McGhee then. And you predicted a 4 score loss this past weekend. This changes the dynamics of the game significantly.

• Upvote 2

Losing the 2-time defending Big Sky Offensive Player of the Year, their all-time leader in touchdown passes and wins as a starting quarterback, is most definitely a game changer. This suddenly became a very winnable game.

• Upvote 1

I really thought ND was going to come back and beat SDSU in OT. Lots of lessons learned. I said it before and I'll say it again.

This team runs the table, and takes out the Bison in an early round of the FCS playoffs.

Dear God, do I hope you're Nostradamus. In the meantime, where do I get a glass of that Kool-aid?

McFeely blog on the demise of the UND defense compared to the dII years: http://kfgo.com/blog...hat-went-wrong/

UND just hasn't caught up to the talent level needed in Division I football, having gotten a late start in the process compared to SDSU and North Dakota State.

We had the talent to beat good FCS teams while we were D2 and now we don't, so I think people can go ahead and drop this excuse.

• Upvote 1

I really thought ND was going to come back and beat SDSU in OT. Lots of lessons learned. I said it before and I'll say it again.

This team runs the table, and takes out the Bison in an early round of the FCS playoffs.

Holy goodness. What drug cocktail does your doctor have you on?

We had the talent to beat good FCS teams while we were D2 and now we don't, so I think people can go ahead and drop this excuse.

UND beat one decent FCS team while we were DII. FU went 6-5 and 3-8 in their first two years after the transition. UND went 5-6 and yet to be determined...I won't mention the Yotes.

Actually I shouldn't say we don't have the talent now because I believe the talent is there to compete. We also had enough talent while we were D2 so either way it shouldn't be used as an excuse.

We have the talent to beat good FCS teams. We can't have 10 penalities, Can't waste timeouts, Can't turn the ball over and we need our front 7 to be more than a speed bump. Our super receivers can't drop balls. If you can beat your opponent on one play, then you can beat him on the next, then the next and so on. Gotta dig deeper and out work and outhustle a more talented opponent. Could have won the SDSU game but didn't. Until we put together some consistent play from start to finish we are still a "work in progress". If we get better every game we can contend for a playoff spot.

We have the talent to beat good FCS teams. * * * * If we get better every game we can contend for a playoff spot.

Damned straight Ira. And if we get a playoff spot, we run into NDSWho and end their present glory days. Cold. Hard. Truth.

This team can do it. And will. Gotta get back on my morphine drip. And no boys and girls, it is not making me delusional. We'll tee 'em all up and we will knock 'em all down. NDSU included.

Damned straight Ira. And if we get a playoff spot, we run into NDSWho and end their present glory days. Cold. Hard. Truth.

This team can do it. And will. Gotta get back on my morphine drip. And no boys and girls, it is not making me delusional. We'll tee 'em all up and we will knock 'em all down. NDSU included.

I'll buy you a morphine drip and any other liquid you want if this holds true

In the event of that, I will commit a federal felony and give you all my narcotic painkillers from surgeries the past couple years...percocet, oxy, hydro.

...except for the first ranked team they played...at home?