SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

I'm just saying the Kings are on their way to being lableled the greatest team ever. I mean three game 7 wins on their way to the Finals, what five or six wins after being down two goals(three in a row) who could ever match that in the history of the NHL.

....they're pretty deep and well constructed.

I'm just saying the Kings are on their way to being lableled the greatest team ever. I mean three game 7 wins on their way to the Finals, what five or six wins after being down two goals(three in a row) who could ever match that in the history of the NHL.

'The greatest team ever' shouldn't need three game 7's, nor should it continually be down by goals. I'll title the Kings the best comeback team, but definitely not greatest team in general.

• Upvote 2

'The greatest team ever' shouldn't need three game 7's, nor should it continually be down by goals. I'll title the Kings the best comeback team, but definitely not greatest team in general.

listening to NBC would leave one to think they were

Rangers can't beat the Kings in a man to man game, it is impossible to beat them when the Kings get every questionable call to go their way. But I guess the league is trying to do everything possible to make the Kings the greatest team ever.

I dunno about that...the flop by Rick Nash that was called sure gave the Rangers a golden opportunity to win the game...

"The greatest team ever" is going to be the Montreal Canadians from the 50's and 60's. In a 16 year period 1953 to 1969 they won 10 cups (5 in the 50's and 5 in the 60's). If you add in the 70's that would be 16 cups in a 26 year span 1953 to 1979. The Kings have a long way to go to even be mentioned as "the greatest team ever".

"The greatest team ever" is going to be the Montreal Canadians from the 50's and 60's. In a 16 year period 1953 to 1969 they won 10 cups (5 in the 50's and 5 in the 60's). If you add in the 70's that would be 16 cups in a 26 year span 1953 to 1979. The Kings have a long way to go to even be mentioned as "the greatest team ever".

Don't forget the Islanders from 1980-83 (4 Cups in 4 years) and the Oilers from 1984-90 (5 Cups in 7 years). Even the Red Wings of the 1990's and 2000's couldn't match that level of sustained excellence.

Apples to oranges, cberkas. How many teams were in the league in the 1950's and 1960's (until 1967)? Six. Exactly six. Finish in the top four and win 8 games = Stanley Cup. And since the draft (I use that term loosely as there was no draft) was "territorial" in those days, Montreal and Toronto were able to keep local talent within 50 miles of their cities to themselves. Had Detroit or New York had the same talent pool to choose from in those days, they'd have 20+ Stanley Cups too.

I dunno about that...the flop by Rick Nash that was called sure gave the Rangers a golden opportunity to win the game...

they let everything go and then call a high stick on the rangers, this with nash was a make up call if I ever saw one. I'm of the belief you either call everything in OT like you would during reg or you don't call anything at all. Rangers are DOA at MSG. like you said they have to win both, which ain't happening.

It's too bad Boston gagged and spit up a loss in game 6 last summer...alas, we'll never know what would have happened in Chicago in game 7.

Yeah, yuh, because the Red Wings (aka painting drying) were so much better the last two years, right? :)