SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

You are incorrect, which comes as no surprise to me considering your personal track record. I have never complained about a knee on knee hit and I never will regardless of who does it to who. I am consistent in my views, which I have proven by referencing the Ovechkin/Gonchar example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM8J9uWKMSw

A Penguin was injured as a result of this hit, and the guy who delivered the hit is on par with Lucic in terms of being unlikable to me. Yet I have no problem with the hit. Now go wipe the egg off your face, Uncle_Rico, because as usual you do not have a clue what you're talking about.

Maybe if you saw it in HD you could have seen the play more clearly...

• Upvote 1

On my drive home from work today I was listening to Lou Nanne talking on the Dan Barreiro show about the Cooke incident from last night. In Lou Nanne's words, sticking your knee out like that is not intent to injure but rather an instinctive reaction to slow a player down. Lou stated that he did it many times in his playing days and had it done to him many times. He said that at one point he eventually had to have surgery as a result of having that done to him, and yet he maintained the opinion that it is not done with the intent to injure. So, to the handful of usual suspects here who lower themselves to calling me nasty names due to disagreeing with my opinion... I am sure that you guys know more about hockey than Lou Nanne does. So please be my guest to call him nasty names the way that you have done to me. :silly:

Lou added that he thinks Cooke will be suspended because of who he is, not because of what he did. Barreiro went on to suggest that Wild fans who are condoning what Cooke did would be livid if a Colorado player did that. Nanne agreed that fans tend to be inconsistent that way, but that his own opinion would be the same regardless of who is wearing what jersey.

And for the sake of consistency, now would be the perfect time to remind everybody that Alex Ovechkin did the very same thing to Sergei Gonchar in the playoffs about five or six years ago when Gonchar was with Pittsburgh. I personally dislike Ovechkin, but because I am consistent in my views I stated on this very forum that I had no problem with that particular collision. Who knows how to search for posts that old?

Well, Lou also said that he thought Cooke would only get about 3 games...even though he has an in-person hearing which indicates more than 5. Lou isn't exactly the most informed source, nor the most "unbiased." Even Barreiro tried to call him out on the dirtiness of the Cooke hit. I wouldn't call Barreiro "informed," but I'd give him more credit in the "unbiased" category.

Well, Lou also said that he thought Cooke would only get about 3 games...even though he has an in-person hearing which indicates more than 5. Lou isn't exactly the most informed source, nor the most "unbiased." Even Barreiro tried to call him out on the dirtiness of the Cooke hit. I wouldn't call Barreiro "informed," but I'd give him more credit in the "unbiased" category.

If Matt Cooke played for the Avalanche and he made that same hit on Ryan Suter, Lou Nanne would be crying to the high heavens about it.

You are incorrect, which comes as no surprise to me considering your personal track record. I have never complained about a knee on knee hit and I never will regardless of who does it to who. I am consistent in my views, which I have proven by referencing the Ovechkin/Gonchar example.

A Penguin was injured as a result of this hit, and the guy who delivered the hit is on par with Lucic in terms of being unlikable to me. Yet I have no problem with the hit. Now go wipe the egg off your face, Uncle_Rico, because as usual you do not have a clue what you're talking about.

Ok, there is the evidence...you officially know nothing about hockey.

• Upvote 3

So I was looking at my guide on my tv and I see ndsu spring football shows up to be on NBC Saturday afternoon and then NHL hockey after it but only for like an hour and a half. They wouldn't be stupid enough to put that on over an NHL playoff game would they?

So I was looking at my guide on my tv and I see ndsu spring football shows up to be on NBC Saturday afternoon and then NHL hockey after it but only for like an hour and a half. They wouldn't be stupid enough to put that on over an NHL playoff game would they?

Afraid so.

Oh, didn't you know, NDSU football is more popular than NHL hockey playoffs!! (Or at least that is the way Bison fans will spin it) :)

Brad Marchand is a puke.....which everyone but Boston fans agree on. However, I do not think he embellished last night. It was knee on knee which Smith deserved a penalty on. The knee was totally unintentional though. That's hockey...a lot different than Cooke's situation.

• Upvote 1

Brad Marchand is a puke.....which everyone but Boston fans agree on. However, I do not think he embellished last night. It was knee on knee which Smith deserved a penalty on. The knee was totally unintentional though. That's hockey...a lot different than Cooke's situation.

Agree....it was absolutely a 2 min penalty. The little ball of puke was trying to milk it for a 5 though. There's been athlete's who have actually blown out their knee, that were in less "pain" than he was. He couldn't even put weight on it as he left the ice...but didn't miss a shift.

Marchand was actually clutching at and staying off the leg that did NOT get hit in the collision. He said he tweaked his leg as he hit the ice. Don't know if I believe him, but little tweaks can happen without being blatantly obvious and the pain from them can subside quickly.

Marchand was actually clutching at and staying off the leg that did NOT get hit in the collision. He said he tweaked his leg as he hit the ice. Don't know if I believe him, but little tweaks can happen without being blatantly obvious and the pain from them can subside quickly.

Haha I never caught that. It comes with the guy though....he's a whiner.