SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

Wow, a lot of negativity on this forum this week. We don't match up well with them, so we better slow the game down, our #1 goalie is in a slump and they have the greatest goaltender in the world, blah, blah, blah. I know splitting at home sucks and nobody is pleased about how we've played the past couple of weeks, but this team still has plenty of talent and has the potential to be great in March and April. I don't know what will happen this weekend, but I am a little disgusted that a good number of our fans are already writing this weekend off as a lost cause.

Whatever happens this weekend (good or bad), remember that championships aren't won in January. There will be important games after this weekend for both teams.

that's his problem as he let's in one or two bad ones early and und needs to dig itself out of a an early hole. if he does that against a really good team we don't come back, i.e.notre dame. saunders has been in a funk his last few starts but I feel more comfortable with him this weekend than gothberg.

I wish I could agree with you because Hak has put his eggs in the Saunders basket for sure so going with Gothberg exposes us in a way. But I cannot deny that what I saw Sat. night made me feel comfortable with the goalie position for pretty much the first time this year.

Gothberg moved post to post tighter and faster than I see Saunders. Gothberg handles the shot better into his body and has better success at holding the puck and avoiding the rebound. He simply seems to be quicker than Saunders.

I'm very surprised that there has not been more goalie chatter going on this week.

I wonder how SOS is calculated so differently?

My guess is that SOS is probably a function of the rankings, and since the rankings are calculated differently (RPI vs. KRACH) the resulting SOS will be different.

You can't determine the strength of a team's schedule until you determine the rankings of their opponents.

Appearently you don't recall the RPM (Rowney, Parks, Mark) line from last year. They were a scoring threat for the Sioux in the second half of the season last year.

Parks and Wilcox are tied with 2 points each. (yes, I know parks has missed 17 games or something like that)

What does that say for your squad?? UND's depth at forward is overall better than UM.

I think we'll find out this weekend that statement is false. The Kristo-Knight-Whoever line has been scoring a ton this season and is a legitimate threat, but the drop off from there is noticeable. Maybe the MacMillan brothers can get something going, and yeah Rocco is a nice talent (but can he be a good teammate?), but both need to be proven before you can put those goals in the bank.

I really think this weekend comes down to whoever scores the third goal on Friday. Both of these teams can take a punch early and get back up but if one starts rolling, either going up 3-0 or 2-1, it could get ugly.

Parks and Wilcox are tied with 2 points each. (yes, I know parks has missed 17 games or something like that)

I think we'll find out this weekend that statement is false. The Kristo-Knight-Whoever line has been scoring a ton this season and is a legitimate threat, but the drop off from there is noticeable. Maybe the MacMillan brothers can get something going, and yeah Rocco is a nice talent (but can he be a good teammate?), but both need to be proven before you can put those goals in the bank.

I really think this weekend comes down to whoever scores the third goal on Friday. Both of these teams can take a punch early and get back up but if one starts rolling, either going up 3-0 or 2-1, it could get ugly.

There is no doubt IMO if these games stay 5x5 that favors UND, but in a big televised series like this the stripes like to get their face time

There is no doubt IMO if these games stay 5x5 that favors UND, but in a big televised series like this the stripes like to get their face time

Anyone want to bet we get DShep and Marco to ref these games? If not those two clowns, my second choice would be Don "I make $hit Up as I go" Adam and Tim Walsh.

Because in no way could a UND team come back if those mighty gophers get up 3 - 0....well unless Hak calls timeout that is.

Yeah, going down 2-1 would be really bad. You might as well call the game at that point. I mean, everyone knows a 1 goal lead is the safest lead in hockey...

I don't know if I'm ready to call UND as deep offensively as the U of M. Well.....Lets take a look here....Lets just take top nine forwards by points:

Minnesota

1. Haula-26 Pts

2. Rau-25 Pts

3. Bjugstad-22 Pts

4. Budish-19 Pts

5. Condon-18 Pts

6. Warning-14 Pts

7. Isackson-14 Pts

8. Ambroz-12 Pts

9. Travis Boyd-12 Pts

UND

1. Knight-31 Pts

2. Kristo-30 Pts

3. Grimaldi-17 Pts

4. Mark MacMillan-17 Pts

5. Rowney-13 Pts

6. Caggiula-11 Pts

7. Gaarder-9 Pts

8. Mike Parks-2 Pts

9. Mitch MacMillan-2 Pts

I'm not sure what the gophers fourth line consists of with Haula back in the lineup, but I tried to make sure it was top nine on both teams. Obviously you have some injuries in there that hurt points, but looking at it this way I'm going to call it a dead heat. Both teams definitely have forward depth though, thats for sure.

Hottest Ticket in Town: Seats for final regular season matchup between UND, Minnesota in high demand

Zach Parise and Ryan Suter will make their much-anticipated debuts for the Minnesota Wild on Saturday night in the Xcel Energy Center.

But that’s not the toughest hockey ticket in the Twin Cities on that day.

Tickets for the UND-Minnesota rivalry game are going anywhere from $85 to $425 per seat.

The game will be played in Mariucci Arena, which seats about 10,000 people. There’s also room for standing room only tickets. The only tickets selling for less than $100 are standing room only.

Seats behind the goal that UND shoots at twice are going for $400 or more.

Across town, you can find tickets to the Minnesota Wild’s opener and the debut of Parise and Suter for $25 cheaper.

Still seems crazy to me that MN is willing to let this rivalry go, but it is what it is.

Wisconsin is hands down our schools biggest rival, can't even be argued. But most Gopher fans, myself included, agree with you that UND is tops for hockey.

My comment was not aimed at you; it was aimed at Gopher fans that don't even think UND belongs at the same level as their team. Those are the fans that get my blood boiling.

My comment was not aimed at you; it was aimed at Gopher fans that don't even think UND belongs at the same level as their team. Those are the fans that get my blood boiling.

UND doesn't belong, thats why I'm so excited about the B1G making an exclusive hockey conference. God not even I can type that without laughing!

• Upvote 1

1. Rankings meaning nothing once the puck is dropped

2. I agree that bandwagon jumping occurs at all schools- MN just has so many people and students, its a big wagon

3. Hockey is a small family- those of us who understand KRACH and PWR are relatively few

4. Definitely agree that hockey is better off when MN is relevant- same with UND, BU, BC, MI, ND, UNH, DU, Maine

Seriously get some new material, my god. On bottom half for PIM , can't remember the last real fight UND has had but I know they have won pretty much all of them. Start it and if you want to go, a UND player will go. They won't run away because its a one game suspension. Goph fans act like its against the law, yeah we should be in the WHL, qmjhl or the OHL. Lol

1. Rankings meaning nothing once the puck is dropped

2. I agree that bandwagon jumping occurs at all schools- MN just has so many people and students, its a big wagon

3. Hockey is a small family- those of us who understand KRACH and PWR are relatively few

4. Definitely agree that hockey is better off when MN is relevant- same with UND, BU, BC, MI, ND, UNH, DU, Maine

I like your #3 point, so true.