SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. CC - Friday

AZSIOUX

Hak pretty upset with the team from the get go. Said they didn't play hungry up and down the lineup, and he didn't sound pleased that Saunders gave up the first goal. Said a few guys played hard and tried to change things but the whole team needs to play more hungry tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in the lineup tomorrow.

That was a dumb play by Mac. Guy laying on the ice and you give him a shot after just laying him out? That's a penalty every time...he had no reason to be surprised or mad at that call.

To be fair to Mac it certainly looked like the guy on the ice was trying to play the puck when he gave him that shot. There is no reason for a ref to make a huge call like that at that time of the game when it really doesn't effect the play at all.

To be fair to Mac it certainly looked like the guy on the ice was trying to play the puck when he gave him that shot. There is no reason for a ref to make a huge call like that at that time of the game when it really doesn't effect the play at all.

The fact of the matter is, there is no reason to give a guy a shot when he's laying on the ice after you've laid him out with a good, clean, hard hit. That'll get called every time...period.

I can't stand these refs just as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to argue that call. As soon as Mac did that I knew it would be called.

The fact of the matter is, there is no reason to give a guy a shot when he's laying on the ice after you've laid him out with a good, clean, hard hit. That'll get called every time...period.

I can't stand these refs just as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to argue that call. As soon as Mac did that I knew it would be called.

I saw nothing wrong with it since the guy was attempting to play the puck, he may not have done anything with the puck but why give him the chance to. I think it's one of those cases where a ref feels the need to be too involved and needs to let the players decided the game. Did he need to do it probably not, but should it have been called absolutely not.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to go back and look but I believe the arm went up momentarily prior to the secondary contact.

Is that you Papa Shep? That was a horrible call! he bairly touched him and they called it roughing, younthink that was a rough?
  • Upvote 1

Except that isn't what Sheperd called. He called it for roughing on the original contact. http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1213/livebox/mcc_ndka.j11

If it were for contact to the head, that's how the penalty would have read. The bad penalty was Kristo's. foolish.

• Upvote 2

Sometimes I think refs today just feel the need to call something after a monster hit...clean or not..it's happened before a bunch of times this year.

I liken it to Father Pat's foul call after the discovery of Coffe Black's alli-oop....

And yes I just went there,.

...ignorance of understanding leads to errant action

• Upvote 1

Except that isn't what Sheperd called. He called it for roughing on the original contact. http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1213/livebox/mcc_ndka.j11

If it were for contact to the head, that's how the penalty would have read. The bad penalty was Kristo's. foolish.

I never said he called contact to the head, but he didn't call the penalty on the original hit. It was on the second shot once the player was down.

And yes, the Kristo penalty was foolish as well. Watch the play about 10 seconds earlier in the offensive zone. When the puck got turned over Kristo gave the guy a slash and you could tell what was coming next.

I agree that they didnt play there best game and im just as upset as anyone but i dont believe that they should make any changes to the line up with the exception of panzarella in for gleason and pending what happens with Cagulia. Saunders needs to stay in net as much as i like gothberg. Saunders may not have had an excellent night but he made some big saves that kept the sioux in the game. Also to the poster who said that Kristo should sit tomorrow, are you kidding me? He and knight have been work horses for the sioux lately, one bad decision and one bad game everyone is so fast to throw the team under the bus.

I thought it looked like there was a little more spark when Kristo-Knight-Mark MacMillan were put back together and would not be suprised to see them back together. It just seemed like he clicked with Kristo and Knight much more than Parks seemed to.

If Caggiula remains out, I say they put Parks with Rowney and Grimaldi.

I agree that they didnt play there best game and im just as upset as anyone but i dont believe that they should make any changes to the line up with the exception of panzarella in for gleason and pending what happens with Cagulia. Saunders needs to stay in net as much as i like gothberg. Saunders may not have had an excellent night but he made some big saves that kept the sioux in the game. Also to the poster who said that Kristo should sit tomorrow, are you kidding me? He and knight have been work horses for the sioux lately, one bad decision and one bad game everyone is so fast to throw the team under the bus.

I agree Kristo made one bad decison but through the first 2 periods he seemed like one of the only guys who was actually playing well. We need to get of to a better start tomorrow night and I wouldn't mind if Hak went with Gothberg tomorrow as Saunders made some huge saves but seemed very shaky and even made some bad plays on giving away the puck on the powerplay. Gleason had a tough night but I think he will stay in there and I would guess we will be without Caggiula tomorrow just from the way he was hit. I think we may see something like

Mark Mac.-Knight-Kristo

Parks-Rowney-Grimaldi

Senkbeil-Pattyn-St.Clair

O'Donnell-Gaarder-Mitch Mac.

Mac-Mattson

Simpson-Gleason

Forbort-Schmaltz

Gothberg

Saunders

Maris

Absolutely.

~Parks....dumb penalty....goal

~Kristo....dumb penalty....goal

I think Hak said it best. The hungrier team won the game. This team needed a bit of a wakeup call.

The Kristo penalty was the one that burned my ass. I have seen him do that type of lazy penalty to many times in his career and this one like others cost them a goal.

Not throwing anybody under any bus but when a team plays the way this team played tonight and last Saturday a message MUST be sent.

To target a guy and go after him like that just cause you get taken out of a play is immature and was EXTREMELY costly, not what a leader does,..what is the consequence for that....it's just ok cause you are awesome... NO. Consequences need to reverberate through the lineup, maybe sitting a game in the stands would light a fire under it all...god knows they are going to need it.

Minnesota next weekend is built on slashy chippy crap that tries to sew people into a penalty....can't have STUPID penalties against mediocre teams....they are destructive against quality teams and next weekend they will go into a QUALITY teams barn.

Not throwing anybody under any bus but when a team plays the way this team played tonight and last Saturday a message MUST be sent.

To target a guy and go after him like that just cause you get taken out of a play is immature and was EXTREMELY costly, not what a leader does,..what is the consequence for that....it's just ok cause you are awesome... NO. Consequences need to reverberate through the lineup, maybe sitting a game in the stands would light a fire under it all...god knows they are going to need it.

Minnesota next weekend is built on slashy chippy crap that tries to sew people into a penalty....can't have STUPID penalties against mediocre teams....they are destructive against quality teams and next weekend they will go into a QUALITY teams barn.

If you're suggesting Kristo is benched - Not gonna happen. I hope you're not upset when it doesn't happen.