SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. CC - Friday

AZSIOUX

Saunders made enough great saves to make up for the softie right away. Would be nice to see the fellas get up tonight and just keep their foot on the pedal for sixty minutes.

I don't want to throw tonight into must win category, but going into Mariucci next weekend won't be easy.

Agreed about some great saves - what looked like a softie from my perspective (close) looked like our D-man screening him - he's got a great glove and if he sees that shot he gets it 9 out of 10 times. Our D needs to step it up several notches.

Mark MacMillan - Knight - Kristo

O'Donnell - Rowney - Grimaldi

Mitch MacMillan - St Clair - Parks

Chyzyk - Pattyn - Gaarder

It's hasn't been very good hockey for the Sioux the last 7 periods. Need to shake somethings up in the lineup. Mark MacMillan looked the best on the top line with Knight and Kristo. The team needs O'Donnell to step up and make some offense contribution, playing with Rowney and Grimaldi would help him get to where he needs to be. Kind of surprised we haven't seen Chyzyk in the lineup, could add some offense to the 4th line, with Gaarder also on that line. The 3rd line just to see if there's any chemistry. Surprised we didn't see Gothberg get a game last week against Holy Cross, maybe we'll see him tonight. Saunders was left out to dry to much last night, add Panzarella to the lineup tonight to get some physical, stay at home defender in the lineup.

4-1 win tonight for the Sioux

I wonder if the refs are looking at D1 hockey as a teaching level, and that's why they spend more time talking to the players about what they did. If that's true, I can understand why they are doing it and can actually agree it could be a good thing. Just looking for a positive.

I wonder if the refs are looking at D1 hockey as a teaching level, and that's why they spend more time talking to the players about what they did. If that's true, I can understand why they are doing it and can actually agree it could be a good thing. Just looking for a positive.

Got to have a full grasp of the rules, calls, ect...if you are going to "teach". With what I've witnessed from WCHA refs over the years not sure this is possible.

I would think coaches could cover that during film, etc.

• Upvote 1

Yelling get the F@ck off of the ice isn't teaching anyone, that's unprofessionalism.

Huge Lineup shakeup tonight.

Gothberg

Mac and Mattson

Simpson and Panzarella

Forbort and Schmaltz

Mitch Mac, Knight, and Kristo

Cagguila, Rowney, and Parks

Odonnell, EZ Mac, and Rocco

Jimmer, The General, and Gleason

Wow.....two defensive pairings that have a guy that will hit people..... :ohmy:

I think the wrong Mac is playing with Kristo and Knight, but then they're short a center if they go that way. Glad to see Zane back in the net. Heard he has practiced extremely well.