SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL is Back

sprig

Ha nice!

My teams go as follow since I was all North Stars growing up but then moved.

Phoenix

Minnesota

Next list of teams just because of players

St Louis

Chicago

Los Angeles

New Jersey has dropped out but sill will be watching zajac. Wonder if Gregorio and Nelson each play in the show this year?

I really don't have much of a favorite, really just love watching hockey..

Grew up going to jets games in the Peg.....sitting under the queen.

But I will certainly watch a lot of wild this year..

Chicago would maybe be a fav I guess.

I love playoff hockey and really this year it should be quasi playoff from the start.

Even though the coyotes left me dry in Winnipeg I do respect their organization....to bad it's destined to doom in the desert, I think it will flourish in Hamilton or Quebec.

I do know I hate the Rangers.....and I'm not sure why....I just do.

That's right...what happened to our favorite bison/Notre dame booster?

Who would that be?

Off-topic, I know, but from the non-TD call in the Stanford game to the phantom interference call against Pitt to the two #2's on the field on the Pitt missed field goal in OT to Brent Musberger gushing over the Irish all season long...I just couldn't take it anymore. Then I read this am that Andy Staples final ballot has Alabama #1, Oregon #2, and Notre Dame falling all the way down to...#3. Wow.

On-topic wish-list: get rid of 4 on 4 in ot. Sheesh, why not just make it 2 on 2 if you want to make sure we have a winner. Horrible rule.

Who would that be?

Off-topic, I know, but from the non-TD call in the Stanford game to the phantom interference call against Pitt to the two #2's on the field on the Pitt missed field goal in OT to Brent Musberger gushing over the Irish all season long...I just couldn't take it anymore. Then I read this am that Andy Staples final ballot has Alabama #1, Oregon #2, and Notre Dame falling all the way down to...#3. Wow.

On-topic wish-list: get rid of 4 on 4 in ot. Sheesh, why not just make it 2 on 2 if you want to make sure we have a winner. Horrible rule.

. Not a fan of different rules for OT...i don't mind a tie, you still get a point...shootouts are a horrible way to decide a game (ccha) IMO...would be like having a free throw shooting contest at the end of a basketball game...:(

I hate the shoot-out win counting the same as an OT win and I hate 4x4 so when I'm in charge OT is played for 5 minutes (first goal wins) and ... all games are 5 point games as follows:

5 points for a regulation win

4 points for an OT win

3 points for a shoot-out win

2 points for a shoot-out loss

1 point for an OT loss

0 points for a regulation loss

This way you are guaranteed a winner (shoot-out) but don't change the rules of the game (no 4x4).

Plus, there are no "extra point" games in my 5 point system, all games are equal. I think it's wrong now that some games are "2 points" (winner in regulation, no point to loser) and other are "3 points" (winner in OT, but team that forced OT gets a point). The current system (2 or 3 point games) seems like an opportunity to "play the system" and give an opponent a point (to harm a rival in a different division) while you still get your two for the win.

Yes, it's true, he could possibly have cared less, but I'm thinking Goon's caring had bottomed out so he couldn't have any more care to give, hence he could not care less.

Goon, I am in a much better mood today. Alabama righted the earth's axis last night and finally exposed Notre Dame as a complete fraud.

I can't wait for this shortened NHL season to start. Let's Go Red Wings!

That's what I was telling everybody....ND's schedule was whack! They only played OK which got (sorry for grammer) dismantled by Texas A&M. I took the 9.5 line easy.

Are there any moves made by sports leagues that you have LIKED? If you think you could do a better job, here's Gary Bettman's email GaryB@NHL.com. :whistling:

I liked Bettman's decision to change the NHL shield from orange and black to silver and black. Does that count?

That's what I was telling everybody....ND's schedule was whack! They only played OK which got (sorry for grammer) dismantled by Texas A&M. I took the 9.5 line easy.

Andy Staples still has the Irish at #3 in his final ballot. Georgia is #4. I can think of 10 teams off the top of my head that would pummel Notre Dame and he drops them only two spots after last night's embarrassment.

Andy Staples still has the Irish at #3 in his final ballot. Georgia is #4. I can think of 10 teams off the top of my head that would pummel Notre Dame and he drops them only two spots after last night's embarrassment.

This is one of the main reasons why people like me hate the Fighting Irish. They are the most overrated, overpromoted, overhyped and coddled college sports program in the history of college sports programs. They should have renamed Verses the Notre Dame Network instead of the NBC Sports Network because that is what it is going to be. They have things handed to them on a silver platter, while programs like Boise State and Northern Illinois work their butts off for whatever they get. The FBS Playoff can't get here soon enough.

This is one of the main reasons why people like me hate the Fighting Irish. They are the most overrated, overpromoted, overhyped and coddled college sports program in the history of college sports programs. They should have renamed Verses the Notre Dame Network instead of the NBC Sports Network because that is what it is going to be. They have things handed to them on a silver platter, while programs like Boise State and Northern Illinois work their butts off for whatever they get. The FBS Playoff can't get here soon enough.

The FBS playoffs won't be legit until it is at least an 8 team playoff. All they are going to do with a 4 team playoff is add an extra game. Teams are still going to have over a month off between their conference Championships and the semifinal game. It will be better, but far from what it should be. Until then we will have to settle for the Dr Pepper Championship they have now!!

• Upvote 2

The FBS playoffs won't be legit until it is at least an 8 team playoff. All they are going to do with a 4 team playoff is add an extra game. Teams are still going to have over a month off between their conference Championships and the semifinal game. It will be better, but far from what it should be. Until then we will have to settle for the Dr Pepper Championship they have now!!

I agree with you, but the Irish would have been exposed in the semifinals of the 4-team playoff if it had been in effect this year. The title game might have been more competitive than it was. Last night's game was a joke.

And I think it is only a matter of time before the field is expanded. Once they realize the revenue potential of a tournament, they will not hesitate to increase the playoff field to 8 teams. It will happen in the next five years, probably sooner.

Second that.

While no fan of the Golden Domers (Chokers?) ND does have a brand that creates a lot of network/advertiser interest. They're still getting lift from the days of Knute, Ara, Dan and Lou, even though they really haven't done anything in over a decade. But the Tide effectively showed the world that "the Emperor has no clothes". However, they'll still be hyped in the off-season and into next season and NBC will experience its usual bumps in ratings when they play Navy, USC, etc.