SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs BU - Grand Forks welcomes the Terriers

AZSIOUX

This weekend scares me. I don't have a good reason why...at least not that I can formulate coherently.

It may be because BU is always tough, it may be just because its BU.

The problems we had last night CAN'T happen this coming weekend. We need to be able to play our game and control the game for 60 minutes both nights...then, we should be fine.

This weekend scares me. I don't have a good reason why...at least not that I can formulate coherently.

It's BU...not BC!!

We gota chance.

The problems we had last night CAN'T happen this coming weekend. We need to be able to play our game and control the game for 60 minutes both nights...then, we should be fine.

I think UND has more than enough speed to counter the Hockey East teams. Wait till they get their rhythm, they're scary good. I like the current third line Drake, St. Claire and Rocco were wicked fast this past weekend.

If Rocco can start burying more of his chances, he is going to put up monster numbers.

I agree. He is really just getting the feel of the college game and when he gets completely adjusted and comfortable watch out. Everytime he gets the puck on his stick I'm on the edge of my seat. Speed kills and he has it.

If Rocco can start burying more of his chances, he is going to put up monster numbers.

Maybe we could get the rules changed so that we get 1/2 point for hitting the pipe? Seriously though, that is his only weakness. His shots are always close but not quite.

Maybe we could get the rules changed so that we get 1/2 point for hitting the pipe? Seriously though, that is his only weakness. His shots are always close but not quite.

Not exactly a huge sample size for a guy who hasn't played in almost a year. Let the rust come off and sit back and enjoy, he's a once in a decade player.

• Upvote 2

Not exactly a huge sample size for a guy who hasn't played in almost a year. Let the rust come off and sit back and enjoy, he's a once in a decade player.

Exactly, he is averaging the same number of points per game as Kyle Rau and Nick Bjugstad, and he is just getting his feet wet. Besides that, they have played against teams that traditionally play it tight to the vest, and are teams that are tough to play against, much less put up big numbers against. I think the fact that he is getting his chances against them bodes well for us down the line. I like Grimaldi on that line with St. Clair and Caggiula, and think if that line can produce a goal just about every night along with the Knight line and the Rowney line, and the occasional chip in by Chyzyk's, we will be tough to beat. I don't think we'll be giving up over 3 goals very often, so we seem very balanced in that all of those lines should be able to add offense fairly often.

When Hak moved Rocco w Knight and Kristo late in game and in OT it was a total mismatch with chances all over the place. Reminded me in talent of DOT line to an extent.

O'Donnell isn't the answer on that top line.

• Upvote 1

I would roll that top line this weekend with Rocco! UND has a nice crop of forwards and I don't think loading up hurts them at all. Those 3 together could be a 150 point line causing nightmares on a weekend basis.

I would roll that top line this weekend with Rocco! UND has a nice crop of forwards and I don't think loading up hurts them at all. Those 3 together could be a 150 point line causing nightmares on a weekend basis.

I totally agree. When they were together in overtime it was a total mismatch with whatever AA had out there. Start em next friday and see what happens.

BostonU comes into Grand Forks with a 3-1 record. They also play 1 game @ Denver Dec 29th so 3 tough WCHA road games for BU.

vs. Providence *Agganis Arena W, 4-2

at #15 New Hampshire *Durham, N.H. L, 4-1

vs. Massachusetts *Agganis Arena W, 5-2

at Massachusetts * Amherst, Mass. W, 3-2