SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana game

geaux_sioux

You are being quite dense. This has nothing to do with und. It's conferences selling national rights. So be mad with us joining big sky and being on root. Then blame nchc for losing hockey next year bc of deal with CBS. Again it's the conferences.

Ole in MSP is quite the rockhead, kudos my lad!

I can't believe Jameer Jackson played pretty much the entire game and he looked pretty good despite the bummed ankle. Boy is he going to be/is a stud. Once again I can't wait until we get a new punter because it is ugly watching Cameron trying to boot it and it doesn't help that the opposing teams kicker has an absolute boot. Hopefully Hanson is showing Mollberg and Bartels a thing or two about how to be a good quarterback. On a side note I saw what I would assume to be a recruit at the game today that had to be about 6'9" if not taller. It was ridiculous and how come we haven't heard about any recruits visiting? This weekend had to have been a big weekend for that.

Nope. Fox Sports Rocky Mountain. Altitude still exists. Avalanche on network if I'm not mistaken.

Yup.....you are right. It looks like a lot of the MWC games got moved from The Mountain (which a Fox deal as well) to Root. Mybe they will televise more Big Sky stuff and MWC stuff with the NHL season in the toilet.

With our inability to sustain a running game this season to date I sure hope the weather especially the wind isn't a major factor in Bozeman next Saturday.

Forecast as of now hi of 38 with some sun.

Correct. In Colorado, there is now Root Sports and Altitude. Root replaced FSN-RM and airs Rockies games. Altitude carries Avs and Nuggets games.

I get them all confused now. When I heard it was on Root, I turned to my channel 66, which is Altitude. I forgot that Root used to be Fox Sports Rocky Mountain.

It's all crap anyway. When I have time, I watch ESPN3 or the UND sports package on my digital TV.

As the season shakes out it is more than obvious that UND's schedule was mighty tough. All three losses to date within the conference are very likely going to be in the playoffs, As a friend shared perhaps it's not that our defense is so bad it's that the offenses we are playing are so good.

I wonder what the school record is for most offensive plays in a season of more than 20 yards - gotta think that record has been blown away. This was one of those signature games that I'm glad I'll be able to say I attended until until the final horn - right up there with the win at UNI a few years ago.

The first ten rows of students deserve kudos, they understand how to lead student cheers. Those in the second level are more focused on their cell phones and the girls/guys in the row ahead of them. I love the band - kudos to their effort to bring some atmosphere to the game - I do think that their habit of playing right up until the ball is put into play is a little distracting - the team probably doesn't hear it through.

No doubt it's a new era in UND football and things are only going to get better.

• Upvote 1

This is a good win. I know Wayne Nelson throws this in the ring as a possible "signature win of the division 1 era", but I"m not willing to go quite that far, mainly becuase I think a win with that moniker should have a helluvalot more meaning (like the opponent being ranked and having a good season) so my expectations for this program are higher than that, but it's a good win just the same. It does let the griz and their fans know they have more to deal with now than the old guard of the BSC.

There are tons of things to pick on, but that analysis is for another thread I think. Good win.

Have any of you guys noticed we haven't run any sort of screen to the rb all season. Plenty of bubble screens but nothing to the rb's? I would think with all the pass protection we ask our rb's to do that may set itself up nicely.

I can remember some big plays to jake miller doing that over the past few years

You are being quite dense. This has nothing to do with und. It's conferences selling national rights. So be mad with us joining big sky and being on root. Then blame nchc for losing hockey next year bc of deal with CBS. Again it's the conferences.

You're absolutely right about the Big Sky and Root. But I don't agree with you about the NCHC and CBS.

With the Big Sky, UND joined an established 11-member conference that already had a TV deal in place. Obviously UND had no say in that deal. UND was desperate to get into a conference and was excited just to get an invitation into the Big Sky. UND certainly wasn't going to cause any waves about the ROOT deal. Besides, the ROOT deal is not a bad deal. It stinks only in the sense that unless you have DirecTV, most UND alums are out of the ROOT footprint. But at least ROOT only blacks out their games they are actually covering and does not limit UND's television options for all the games that ROOT is not covering. All things considered, the Big Sky's deal with ROOT is pretty good.

It's a completely different story with the NCHC. UND and Denver basically started that conference. It was a new conference with only 6 original members and UND had every opportunity to provide significant input on the television deal. In my opinion, UND could have easily said that they would not agree to any conference deal that prevented UND from televising its games on Fox College Sports. UND had leverage and chose not to use it "for the good of the conference." More importantly, the NCHC/CBS deal is garbage. CBS has exclusive national rights to every single game NCHC members play regardless of whether CBSSN is airing it. What that means is that while CBSSN only airs one game per week, all the other NCHC games that weekend are not allowed to be aired nationally on any other outlet even though CBSSN has no interest in televising those games. ROOT has no such restrictions on the games they are not airing. For example, if Fox College Sports had chosen to air all UND football games (with the exception fo the Montana game that ROOT aired), ROOT could not have prevented it. Therefore, the ROOT/BigSky contract is much much better than the CBS/NCHC contract.

In my opinion, there is absolutely no blame on UND for the TV situation yesterday. None. But UND should share plenty of the blame for the lousy NCHC/CBS deal that starts next season.

• Upvote 1

In my opinion, there is absolutely no blame on UND for the TV situation yesterday. None. But UND should share plenty of the blame for the lousy NCHC/CBS deal that starts next season.

Agreed, and the absence of FTA, which we've had for so many years, adds to the problems. I've said this before, but unless midco can swing a deal with satellite TV providers (dish, directv), which I can't imagine happening, lots of us will be back to just one option (web streaming), and hoping it's a better product than now.

The HD Big Sky stream yesterday of the UNA/UCD game was excellent, and very near FTA quality, as was the NBCSports stream of UMD/Notre Dame hockey. I hope UND's is as good, and not some year, but very soon, if not immediately.

This is a good win. I know Wayne Nelson throws this in the ring as a possible "signature win of the division 1 era", but I"m not willing to go quite that far, mainly becuase I think a win with that moniker should have a helluvalot more meaning (like the opponent being ranked and having a good season) so my expectations for this program are higher than that, but it's a good win just the same. It does let the griz and their fans know they have more to deal with now than the old guard of the BSC.

There are tons of things to pick on, but that analysis is for another thread I think. Good win.

What's with this signature win thing? It was a win to stop our 3 game losing streak thats it, its not a playoff win its not a conference title win we aren't getting in the playoffs or winning the BSC anyways. Last nights win was called a good win. Not a signature win.

• Upvote 1

Allow me to say it was a good win and one more thing:

UND had the chance to let another game get away. They didn't let it happen this time.

The win over Montana is nice; how they didn't roll over this time, and came back to win, is more important.

Once again I can't wait until we get a new punter because it is ugly watching Cameron trying to boot it and it doesn't help that the opposing teams kicker has an absolute boot

While I agree the Montana punter had quite a leg on him, I think Cameron's style is by design. It doesn't allow for returns and with the way UND tackles, that might not be a bad thing. And if you look at the stat sheet, it would probably surprise you.

UND - 5 punts, Yards Per Punt: 42.4, Net Yard Per Punt: 42.4

UM - 9 punts, Yards Per Punt: 43.8, Net Yards Per Punt: 39.3

Neither team returned a punt and UM had two touchbacks. It might have been ugly, but Cameron actually ended up with slightly better numbers.