SiouxSports.com Forum

Soooooo time to move on..... NAU game this week

geaux_sioux

I am as ticked off as you are, but boycotting the rest of the season is not the answer. I will be there next week supporting the team, win or lose. But you are right, changes have to be made after the season is over.

I am absolutely boycotting the rest of the season. My seem extreme, but I've had enough over he past 3 years. I will still watch on tv, but I am done attending his year.

Next weeks game vs. Griz was one I had circled on calendar when schedule came out. Will be there but not all that jacked about it now. At least it should be an entertaining game...both defenses really suck.

• Upvote 1

I totally understand your feelings on this. Changes have to be made or this will repeat itself over and over and over again.

Like someone stated before on this site...mediocrity will drag this program under. And Muss has IMO lead us to believe that is to be tolerated. "Moral victories", "we battled against a great team"... I would rather see us get throttled game and game out and know that change in some form would be coming. Right now this program is treading water...not drowning but not swimming either. Another year of this and what little FB fan base there is will dwindle further. The crowd today for homecoming was pathetic.

I wonder what his contract situation would be had they not won a share of the great west last season. I can't believe he's extended through 2016....wow....

Guess our AD is ok with mediocrity too.

Muss got extension solely because of last year IMO.

But, it would not have taken a lot more D to have turned that into a W. It seemed that the QB play was better as was the line.

You must be referring to the fact UND played with only 9 on D because we go absolutely no CB play today. Mackey got worked over like no UND corner I've seen in yrs.

I think someone stated it best earlier. Why would you run the ball against UND? Three step drop, and just murder the secondary with fifteen to twenty yard passes down the field.

Then again, why would you throw the ball against UND? Hand it off to your average tailback, he'll make four guys miss before getting six to seven yards a carry.

I agree Oxbow, sometimes it just seems like UND has less players on the field, especially in the secondary.

Wow, that may be the worst tackling team I have ever seen, just pathetic.

The defense is not up to this level of play, would not even be good enough for D2.

Either they recruited poorly or the coaches are doing a poor job or both. No matter the end result still points to the coaching staff. Something has to change with the coaching staff.

My opinion is that Mussman is not up to coaching at this level. He certainly cannot manage a game properly. Given the defense he has to work with there is no way he should have punted in the 4Q when it was tied and they had a fourth and one on the NAU 39. You have to go for it. Do you want to put the outcome of the game in the hands of the offense or defense ? It was a no brainer. By punting there he was basically saying he trusted the defense to stop NAU more than he trusted the offense to gain 1 yard.

I don't see UND ever contending for a championship with Mussman as the coach. The longer Faison waits to make a change the longer it will be until we contend and can fill the Alerus on a consistant basis.

That call is vintage Muss

The stupid personal foul and dead ball penalties were once again mind numbing. Typical for a Muss coached team tho...extremely undisciplined.

Last year a Muss coached team had the least amount of personal fouls in the nation. When you make a statement like that you should know what you're talking about.

I think someone stated it best earlier. Why would you run the ball against UND? Three step drop, and just murder the secondary with fifteen to twenty yard passes down the field.

Then again, why would you throw the ball against UND? Hand it off to your average tailback, he'll make four guys miss before getting six to seven yards a carry.

I agree Oxbow, sometimes it just seems like UND has less players on the field, especially in the secondary.

I watched our D closely today at the game. I do believe the schemes and calls were as much to blame as they play of the players. Soft coverage w a 10+ yard cushion at this level is nothing more than pitch and catch.

We have no true D1 speed on the edges. Yet when guys were in position they tackle like they all have full body casts on. No one on wraps up whatsoever.

Last year a Muss coached team had the least amount of personal fouls in the nation. When you make a statement like that you should know what you're talking about.

One year and one type of penalty you are citing...his team's are generally undisciplined game in and game out. Today was ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

One year and one type of penalty you are citing...his team's are generally undisciplined game in and game out. Today was ridiculous.

I'll give you the offsides penalty, that was ridiculous. But do you really think he's coaching the team totally different than last year? I'm not so sure those plays are his fault at some point the player needs to not mess it up.