SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs Manitoba - gameday

AZSIOUX

I'm going to reserve my judgment on Hammer until he's got a couple more games under his belt. Same goes for the rest of the Midco broadcast. Give some slack folks, WDAZ didn't learn the ropes of broadcasting the games over night. It took them some time as well to work out the kinks.

This is big time college sports, not high school- the broadcast was garbage and they produced a less than pedestrian performance. If I were running the channel as a business, they would all be fired and we'd do a re-boot.

You can't honestly believe that they deserve "practice" and some time? This isn't a "do your best" kinda world...

Might have to have a bring back Sweeney petition. I liked the pp clock now on the broadcast but thought the video quality was not very good and we were watching it on the HD channel.

Welp, I'll agree that the video quality didn't look as sharp as it did in the past with WDAZ. You watching the game on the "HD" channel, means nothing, as the games aren't aired in HD to begin with.

Next year, when UND is in the NCHC games with the Midco Sports Network will be in HD.

I agree with the bring back Sweeney petition. I liked him, he was only good but not great, but that was good enough. Dan Hammer is too boring to listen to and it seemed like I was watching the call/play-by-play from a high school basketball game being played in North Dakota.

Facebook petition to bring Sweeney back has to happen ASAP- otherwise it will just "whither on the vine"

The network needs to know how bad we all thought it was.

The Production and overall presentation of the game just flat out lacked quality. It reminded me of a production level for a USHL game or a high school game or some other lower level. Not a D1 dominate college hockey program.

The Production and overall presentation of the game just flat out lacked quality. It reminded me of a production level for a USHL game or a high school game or some other lower level. Not a D1 dominate college hockey program.

This is just the first step backwards regarding national coverage. Next year when they get "HD" I won't be able to watch most of the games on tv.

• Upvote 1

This is big time college sports, not high school- the broadcast was garbage and they produced a less than pedestrian performance. If I were running the channel as a business, they would all be fired and we'd do a re-boot.

You can't honestly believe that they deserve "practice" and some time? This isn't a "do your best" kinda world...

Big time? If that were true we'd be having FS North or some other more renowned regional network providing coverage for our games. In the end it really doesn't matter what you or I think though. Midco will do want they want to do.

I just find it hilarious considering many people panned Sweeney and WDAZ broadcasts. Would I rather have him? Yes. Do I think Midco is going to fire Hammer and bring Sweeney back? Doubt it.

I thought for a bit the broadcast was a Studio One production.

Yeah, about the announcers.... my wife saw "different colored pads" and "blonde vs brown hair" in the second period as they switched goalies about 830 mark of the second period.... the announcers continued to refer to the bison goalie as the starting goalie throughout the game... obviously, we could see a different name on the jersey for much of the game... how do they miss that? Stupid.. Where's Sweeny?

Big time? If that were true we'd be having FS North or some other more renowned regional network providing coverage for our games. In the end it really doesn't matter what you or I think though. Midco will do want they want to do.

I just find it hilarious considering many people panned Sweeney and WDAZ broadcasts. Would I rather have him? Yes. Do I think Midco is going to fire Hammer and bring Sweeney back? Doubt it.

Hey, I always supported Sweeney- his hokiness was endearing

They will care what we think if enough of us comment- social media impacts marketing departments fast

As to big time- don't national Sioux hockey games do really well? I thought I heard that...I'm not talking Michigan vs Notre Dame football or Duke vs UNC hoops, but I thought we did pretty well

As to big time- don't national Sioux hockey games do really well? I thought I heard that...I'm not talking Michigan vs Notre Dame football or Duke vs UNC hoops, but I thought we did pretty well

I get what you mean. College hockey TV viewership in general isn't gonna beat out a football game. I believe our 2 games that were on NBCSN were on the list of having the highest amount of viewers last year for the hockey games they covered. Small sample but I'm hoping after next year, CBS College Sports considers airing more UND games than the package they have set in place for next year. Who knows may be they will if the viewership numbers are good.

I get what you mean. College hockey TV viewership in general isn't gonna beat out a football game. I believe our 2 games that were on NBCSN were on the list of having the highest amount of viewers last year for the hockey games they covered. Small sample but I'm hoping after next year, CBS College Sports considers airing more UND games than the package they have set in place for next year. Who knows may be they will if the viewership numbers are good.

let's hope so, eh? I've loved this Fox College Sports deal. Living in Mpls, I watch probably 75% of UND hockey games now- all home games for sure, the occasional road game on TV, and I travel occasionally to SCSU or MSUM or UMD if not on

For a while last night, I kept thinking I had another program running because I was hearing voices that did not match video. Then I thought it was those voices in my own head once again. Finally, I learned that it was just sh!tty production. You guys are upset, but I'm relieved.

I have to agree. Also, the video quality was horrendous. Bring back the old broadcast!

The quality of both the audio and video of the stream were terrible. The audio levels changed more than once, and it sounded like it was being broadcast through a walkie talkie. Meanwhile the video resolution, if viewed at any appreciable size, was unwatchable. The color was lousy. I don't like to whine, but most cell phones these days record higher quality audio and video. And this is a paid service, after all.

This is a real disappointment for those of us living outside the region who rely on these streams.

• Upvote 2

To me, how in the hell do you not realize that a different goaltender is in the net? I mean by garsh.....the kid had different pads, different helmet, different body type. I mean you're watching UND shoot on this guy for a game and a half.....Unless they are so far away, but they have monitors up there.

Guess I was a goalie, so its something that I always notice.

I had a few takeaways from the game: 1. They need to shore up their defensive game; those goals were not entirely the goalies fault 2. They must find someone else to fill the void left by Nelson on that top line.....Drake looked lost on that line; I'm going to say it again...put Rocco at wing on that top line, I know some like to say he is a natural center but if and when he makes the NHL he will have to learn how to play wing anyways 3. Back to Rocco, I thought he looked fast and everything that was advertised, however, he was a one man show, his line mates were definitely not up to his speed. All in all the guys looked a little rusty as far as their defensive game goes....but I had a blast watching. Should be a fun year.

This crap has got to stop before it gets out of hand,

a boring uninspired play by play demeans the brand, and can cost a program.

Facebook

http://facebook.com/bringback\sweeney

Twitter

@danhammersucks

Besides him screwing up the goalie's name I thought the play-by-play was fine. Ease up, sweeney was a tad bland. I thought Hammer spiced up the period breaks (or pre-game) ten fold.