SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

yep, in refernce to the new conference the play by play man whoever he is said "if this is any indication of what hockey in february will be like between wisconsin and penn state this will be gorgeous hockey" OMG. :D

"Gorgeous Hockey"...........I don't think I've ever heard that before......and I don't think I ever want to hear it again.

Well, at least now Wisconsin has its version of the "Holy Cross" to bear.

RE: the "gorgeous hockey" comment -- I spit up coffee on my leather chair for as he said that the PSU player with the puck made a move and stripped himself of the puck in open ice in the offensive zone. I'm sending the leather cleaning bill to Jim Delaney and Barry Alvarez.

BTN is really way over hyping the lousy product they are showing us, especially this Sunday/Monday series.

Makes me wonder why Wisco built that huge ice surface that is the Kohl Center; that 1-2-2 style is so much easier on NHL ice. They do it fairly well on their big ice, however. Not sure where the offense comes from. If I were a highly regarded recruit, I'd really have to want to go there badly, certainly not to showcase any offensive talent I may possess.

Well, at least now Wisconsin has its version of the "Holy Cross" to bear.

RE: the "gorgeous hockey" comment -- I spit up coffee on my leather chair for as he said that the PSU player with the puck made a move and stripped himself of the puck in open ice in the offensive zone. I'm sending the leather cleaning bill to Jim Delaney and Barry Alvarez.

That was a moment in time that I felt myself getting stupider for having heard it.

They were really trying to paint and polish that turd last night. ....it didnt work.

BTN is really way over hyping the lousy product they are showing us, especially this Sunday/Monday series.

Makes me wonder why Wisco built that huge ice surface that is the Kohl Center; that 1-2-2 style is so much easier on NHL ice. They do it fairly well on their big ice, however. Not sure where the offense comes from. If I were a highly regarded recruit, I'd really have to want to go there badly, certainly not to showcase any offensive talent I may posses.

This is why I'm a bit surprised Grant Besse chose Wisconsin.

Big games out east tonight for hockey east/pairwise

Mass Lowell @ BC

Merrimack @ BU

BU seems to have hit a down stretch. 1st through 6th divided by 4 points. Wow between this and the WCHA there are a couple great conf races!

BC 28 (7-6-2 since Xmas break)

UNH 28 (7-5-3 since Xmas, 2-2-2 last 6)

PROVIDENCE 28 (6-3-4 since Xmas)

MERRIMACK 27 (8-4-3 since Xmas, last 3 games OT 1-1-1 in those)

MASS LOWELL 26 (12-2-1 since Xmas, 4-0 last 4)

BU 24 (2-7-2 in last 11)

Makes me wonder why Wisco built that huge ice surface that is the Kohl Center; that 1-2-2 style is so much easier on NHL ice. They do it fairly well on their big ice, however. Not sure where the offense comes from. If I were a highly regarded recruit, I'd really have to want to go there badly, certainly not to showcase any offensive talent I may possess.

There's a reason they put so many defensemen in the NHL. Also the reason they don't seem to put many forwards in the NHL. The more talented scorers would rather go to a team where they can play offense

Miami's freshman goalie Ryan McKay is putting up ridiculous numbers this season. He's split time so has only played 15 games, but his GAA is currently at 1.05 and his SV% is at .962 with 3 shutouts. Can't believe the other goalie is still getting any starts.

Yeah, Rico loves to split time for his goalies. They've had strong goaltending in Oxford for years now using a two goalie system. They are pretty consistent with how they do it too.